ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ford Field, October 12, 2002 by John F. Martin/AP
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Maxy, Maxy, Maxy.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-08-02 09:16 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl you did it Pammy Mammy
10-08-02 09:45 AM
nankerphelge Oh Maxy -- that coulda been much worse!! You hardly had any chiba-face!
10-08-02 10:00 AM
Riffhard Maxy,
I laughed,I cried,I danced my ass off!You were great.I just wish you would have beat the shit out of that guy who butchered Sympathy.

Riffhard
10-08-02 10:03 AM
Maxlugar It was much worse on TV.

True story, I'm buying lotto tickets last Wednesday and the Chinese guy behind the counter is eye balling me and smiling. I'm thinking "Godzilla boy is going down if he keeps this up" All the sudden he's like "I see you on TV. In front of Rolling Stones!"

I am a legend.

Kunta Max-ay (Toby) - Slave to Rock and Roll and Lotto.

10-08-02 11:21 AM
sirmoonie That was great!

I noticed that you missed a few CYHMK licks though. A young sober Maxy would have nailed those dah dah duh duh dahs.
10-08-02 11:51 AM
Maxlugar I know Moonie. I feel I let the board down.

m
10-08-02 12:04 PM
Joey " I know Moonie. I feel I let the board down. "

They just lowered the flags at half mast outside " Charlestons " !!!!!

Maxy Stock ( Ticker symbol MXLU ) just dropped ten points .

Kunta .......................Fly

KuntaFly

10-08-02 12:23 PM
Maxlugar Hey Joey, did you notice the little pause and head tilt after the words "Yeah, you got" but before the words "satin shoes"?

It was very Reaganesq. Ronnie used to do that right before one of his famous "Well..."'s.

Wow.

My performance can be summed up in one word.

That word?

Sassy!

10-08-02 12:29 PM
Joey " It was very Reaganesq. Ronnie used to do that right before one of his famous "Well..."'s. "

<------ " There you go again "..................( Circa 1980 )

You tell him buddy . Wait ......MXLU is now rising again .

" SNL Sketch Me Ronnie "

Kunta Joe

10-08-02 12:35 PM
Maxlugar I paid for this (that) microphone!! Circa 1980.

YES! Go Ronnie!

John "Maxy" Poindexter!
10-08-02 12:41 PM
sirmoonie You did the C10 proud, Maxy. Our image took some real hits over the summer what with the "Howegate" and all. But your network performance is just what we needed to get our approval rating back up in the 90th percentile! Yes!

Everyone, did you see the Drive in Maxy's "YOTIed eyes"? Thats what makes a C10 member. Real Drive! You can't teach that, it comes natural-like. Just like this:

"Spread cream cheese all over my scrotum and spank me with a butter knife while I listen to you play Can't You Hear Me Knocking better than Taylor ever did, Ronnie!"
10-08-02 01:18 PM
Maxlugar Thanks Moonie. C10 all the way, you are.

I'm going to try and do it better in January.

Stay tuned to The WB ch.11!
10-08-02 01:36 PM
Joey " I paid for this (that) microphone!! Circa 1980. "

<------ I really thought Ronald Reagan was going to beat the shit out of that guy on that day .

So did I little buddy ...........It was February , 1980 at the New Hampshire Debates with George Bush Sr . The Soviet Union had invaded Afghanistan , the hostages were in Iran , the prime interest rate was on its way to hitting twenty three percent , unemployment at 11 percent , inflation at 13 percent ..................and George Sr. had the nerve to giggle as they turned off Ronnie's microphone that day .

Man , when Ronnie got off of that chair and headed right towards Bushie , it looked as though he was going to deck him -- at age seventy .

Yes --- that won him the nomination / election right there .

" Ronald Reagan was a democrat the first FIFTY THREE years of his life Ronnie "

Kunta Fly

10-08-02 01:45 PM
Maxlugar Joey,

You think that guy on the video that says his mother probably sung his first Rolling Stones song to him when he was in diapers was a Howe Military School graduate?

Get back to me ASAP!

TIA!

Toby Skittles, YOTI 10!

10-08-02 02:11 PM
jb I would'nt call Max a friend, but he certainly is not an enemy.
10-08-02 02:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, see, this is exactly why I suggested adding members to the C10A, instead of doing a YOTI12 or whatever. Being C10, or C10A means more than just showing up at a party. You have to have that intangible element. You gotta have the Drive deep down in ya.

Like Gerardo singing JJF into the sole of his shoe at Giant's Stadium. THAT is C10 stuff.

Like Scopey hanging around Roseland for 13 or 14 hours trying to scarf up an extra. THAT is C10 stuff.

Like Gazza flying across the pond to hang and bang with the rest of us. THAT is C10 stuff.

Any knucklehead can show up at a party. C10 means that you are just a little bit better than all the rest. Just a tad more obsessed. It takes a certain elan to make the C10 grade. Some people will try to make it, but they never will. Why not? Because they have to TRY. You can't TRY to be C10. It's something that you are born with. Our DNA is different, it's DriveNA. And you either got it, or you don't. Like Nanky said, there's us, and there's them. And I'm damn glad that we are us.

I know that this causes some resentment. Oft times the truth can piss people off. Is it elitist? Maybe, but I don't really see it that way. It's really just a simple matter of identifying the DriveNA. It's natural selection. Please don't get mad at us if you don't have DriveNA in you. That's between you and God, the C10 have nothing to do with it.

10-08-02 02:36 PM
Child of the Moon Well, I can hear the video, I just can't see it. The screen keeps freezing up, then disappears altogether, while the sound keeps going. Anwyay, you sounded great, Maxy!
[Edited by Child of the Moon]
10-08-02 02:40 PM
Joey " Any knucklehead can show up at a party. C10 means that you are just a little bit better than all the rest. Just a tad more obsessed. It takes a certain elan to make the C10 grade. Some people will try to make it, but they never will. Why not? Because they have to TRY. You can't TRY to be C10. It's something that you are born with. Our DNA is different, it's DriveNA. And you either got it, or you don't. "

Stoney , I would like to nuzzle you .

Kunta Joe

{{{{ TOBY }}}}}

10-08-02 08:03 PM
scope Pre-concert celebration party at Yoti = $30
Tickets for the Rolling Stones at MSG = $320
Our Maxy on WB11 doing a killer CYHMK = Priceless

You THE man Mr. Maxy
10-08-02 09:37 PM
Maxlugar Thanks Scope!

It was right after YOTI but before the show.

[[[[[[[MAXY!]]]]]]]]
10-08-02 09:54 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL Sirstonesalot... I agree C10 means 100% real STONE STUFF!!!
10-09-02 02:41 AM
parmeda See Maxy....

This all worked out for the best. And to think...you were almost ballistic at first, lol.

Dude, you're a hero! It took a lot of guts to do that. And nobody could sum it up any better than Sir Stonesalot did...

The men of C10...you are definately a different breed of cat. It doesn't make you bad...it makes you all the more interesting.
Page: 1 2