ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Soldier Field, Chicago- October 11, 2006
© Parmeda, thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My Mum - Aint long now Return to archive Page: 1 2
30th September 2006 11:45 AM
corgi37 I didnt really want to say anything, but i felt i should as i consider you bastards and bitches like a kind of family.

My darling mother is not long for this world. She has liver & pancreas cancer. Its terminal. It's not curable. Not even really delay-able. There is no hoping for anything, except a speedy resolution. She's just spent over a week in hospital, and she's still in intensive care (soon to be out though). This is not for the cancer, its for something else. They "found" the cancer while operating and just prior through tests. Earlier this year, she had a breast removed due to cancer. Fair to say, she's riddled with the wicked shit.

So, i am not really looking for any sympathy for this old devil. I just thought i would share with my brethren, and er, sister-ren. Er, sister hood. Whatever.

We will all go through the loss of parents. At least, i hope. It's the circle of life. I can think of nothing worse than a parent saying goodbye to a child, though my wife and i have done that too.

My family and i hope we have 1 more Christmas. Yes, its that bad, and that aggressive. My love to you all, and i hope you can all hug ya mum's as much as possible. My Mum told me (mainly as a joke, but it's quite poignant) that you can have heaps of lays, alot of girlfriends, even a few wives...but you only have 1 Mum - Mom to my Yank friends.

And she is right.

I dont feel sadness, i only feel love. When the time comes, i will be gutted. But, i will try to be strong for others. I feel it will only be when my 4 yr old twins do something special, and i think "I'll call Mum", or even (and she knows my Stones passion and was very happy for me when i saw them in Sydney with wifey, Daeth, Mrs. Daeth and his, now my, mate Mat) "the Stones are coming back, i gotta tell Mum!", or any other thing that she would love, and she wont be there. Thats when it will hit me. The thought of me never talking to her again makes me sick.

I am not Robinson Crusoe. Some of you fine folk have lost parents too. But, hey, she's mine. I dont want to bring things down, but i felt i had to share, as things will be hard in the next few weeks (yes, that soon), but i hope its a while yet. My Mum is tough old bitch, and she'll go out fighting, and she'll go out her fucking way. And i support her. There will be no more operations.

If you can post some nice stuff, that would be cool, and i will show her when she gets out of hospital. Just to prove to her that Stones fans are not all long haired, dirty, foul mouthed degenerates.

She doesnt like the Stones. Heck, she dont like anything post 1960 (though, oddly, she thinks Bowie has a nice voice!). But, apart from trying to piss her off in my teens with SYMPATHY and STAR STAR, she was always amazed at the tenderness of songs like Love in vain and Angie. And, of course, only a couple of weeks ago, she rang me to say "Why are the Rolling Stone on Days of our lives?"

Take care all.
30th September 2006 11:52 AM
MrPleasant Play Bowie's Station To Station. That's a very good album. My stupid opinion, that's all.
30th September 2006 12:02 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >And, of course, only a couple of weeks ago, she rang me to say "Why are the Rolling Stone on Days of our lives?"<

Why? Because it's the best, most dramatic soap on TV.
If it had been any other soap I'd have questioned their judgment. But as long as it was Days...I'd say it was a brilliant decision.

30th September 2006 12:15 PM
Honky Tonk Man Not sure what to post Corgi, other than I'm sorry to read your going through this.
30th September 2006 12:36 PM
glencar Your poor Mum. I'm so sorry that she's going through this.
30th September 2006 12:45 PM
Phog That's really sad to hear. Much love to you and your family.
30th September 2006 12:52 PM
mrhipfl Sorry to hear this. I know what you're going through, here. My mom was diagnosed with lung cancer in July 2005. It was unoperable and we tried everything we could but the cancer wouldn't stop spreading. It spread to her neck, her brain, and her colon. She went through lung radiation, chemo, brain radiation, brain surgery, and gamma knife. In the end the cancer totally destroyed her colon and she had to get it removed. She was in the hospital for two weeks and eventually died (April) because the lungs were filled with fluid. It was the hardest thing my family had to go through, and the most relieving thing for us was to watch her quietly fall asleep.
30th September 2006 12:58 PM
jostorm My heart goes out to you and your family. Yes, it's an awful milestone in life, when I lost my Dad 14 years ago I also lost my bestest bestest friend! Thank God my Mum is still around, and yes, we only have ONE mother, and the love our mum gives us is the only unconditional passion we ever experience in life - until we have children ourselves and suddenly understand the concept of limitless love. What can I say? I hope they (the doctors) get the palliative care right and she suffers as little pain as possible, pancreas and liver cancer ain't a picnic for sure. I hope she manages to tie up all those "lose ends" and finds the peace of mind to say her goodbyes. At the end of the day you will miss her terribly, but she'll always live on in your heart and your memories, I know my Dad does. The only consolation I can offer you is that the pain does get more bearable with the passage of time, but hell, she's still around, so make the best of whatever time you both have left together and be sure you don't leave anything important unsaid, and especially don't forget to ask all those questions you never had the time or inclination to ask. I wish you both strength and light on this last bit of common journey!
30th September 2006 02:35 PM
Brainbell Jangler All our thoughts are with you and your mum, corgi. And it was a good idea to share this with us; it does help. Keep her comfortable and near the ones she loves.
30th September 2006 02:54 PM
sirmoonie Sorry to hear this Corgi. Hang in there.
30th September 2006 03:03 PM
Dick Bush Oh boy.

I hope your mom isn't suffering too much.

She will always be above, around or within you, whatever happens.

Take care about both of you!

[Edited by Dick Bush]
30th September 2006 04:29 PM
GotToRollMe Corgi, my mom has been going through a lot of stuff this past year (she's just turned 85), which forced me to finally face the reality that one day she will be gone. To me, this is unthinkable. She is truly the kindest person I have ever known and has been the one person who's always been there for me through anything and everything. It's true: No one - and I mean no one - loves you like your mother. I was just talking about this very thing with a friend on the phone last night. As you pointed out, with the exception of losing a child (which my mom has been through - my sister died at the age of 5) - losing your mother is the hardest thing you will ever do - but it's something we all have to do, sooner or later. I'm really just trying to say that you're not alone. My thoughts will be with you and your mum, and I'll remember her in my prayers, such as they are. Hang in there, kid.
30th September 2006 04:30 PM
Taptrick
Just be there. Often.

I might suggest writing down any stories she might have to tell. I'm often shocked at some of the stories my parents tell me about their youth that I have never heard in my 40 years.

30th September 2006 05:21 PM
Poplar
my best to you, Corgi.
30th September 2006 05:33 PM
Gazza WOW..a lot of bad news from Down Under in the last couple of days

Hang in there, Corgi
30th September 2006 06:50 PM
PartyDoll MEG My thoughts are with you and your Mum, Corgi.

One day at a time and live it to the fullest is my motto.
30th September 2006 06:54 PM
Poison Dart My thoughts are with you, your mom and your entire family.

God Bless.
30th September 2006 07:02 PM
lotsajizz peace
30th September 2006 07:15 PM
WJ
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I dont feel sadness, i only feel love. When the time comes, i will be gutted. But, i will try to be strong for others. I feel it will only be when my 4 yr old twins do something special, and i think "I'll call Mum", or even (and she knows my Stones passion and was very happy for me when i saw them in Sydney with wifey, Daeth, Mrs. Daeth and his, now my, mate Mat) "the Stones are coming back, i gotta tell Mum!", or any other thing that she would love, and she wont be there. Thats when it will hit me. The thought of me never talking to her again makes me sick.

Christ, I can't imagine. I always pick up the phone to tell my Mom about some silly little thing that's happened to me. Well, I also call her first to tell her something of large importance. The thought of not being able to do that is horrible to imagine. I'm so sorry you, and your family, are going through such a horrible time.
30th September 2006 07:17 PM
LadyJane I lost both Mom and Dad this year...within 7 months.

No matter what age, this is very very hard stuff.

My thoughts are with you, corgi.

And if you need talk, PLEASE feel to PM me any time.

Stay strong.

LJ.
30th September 2006 08:23 PM
Saint Sway Hey Corgi

My heart goes out to you. I lost my mother unexpectantly a few years ago. I know how hard this must be on you. Please take solice in knowing that you are there with her and for in her final days. Find comfort in knowing that your lifetime together was one filled with love.

I wish you and your family peace and strength in the coming days. Stay strong. Think of the good times and find happiness in this difficult time.

peace

Sway
1st October 2006 09:43 AM
StickyFishFingers Hey Corgi mate I'm sorry about what your Mum & you & your family are going thru, I know exactly how you feel - my Mum has literally only just been diagnosed with ovarian cancer - it's totally fucked. She has a tumour 27cm in diameter in her abdomen. One of the worst things apart from my Mum's health is worrying about how my Dad is going to cope with it all if Mum dies soon. Even though I've never met you I'll be thinking of you and what your're going thru & sending you positive vibes. If it's too late for your Mum then I hope that when her time comes she's at peace & ready to let go. I wish you all the best mate.

Dave

[Edited by StickyFishFingers]
1st October 2006 10:23 AM
gimmekeef Corgi, I,m so sorry to hear about your mom.Be strong and know many friends here are thinking about you and hoping for the best.
1st October 2006 11:35 AM
erikjjf I'm sorry to hear this, Corgi.
1st October 2006 12:09 PM
Gimme Shelter All of my prayers to your Mother.
1st October 2006 12:20 PM
ShesARainbow I'm so sorry to hear this, Corgi. I know I don't post much but I visit the boards almost every day and feel I know some of you, even though we've never spoken. My heart goes out to you. I lost my Dad (a big Stones fan) this year very suddenly and unexpectedly this past July. Didn't even get a chance to say goodbye. Cherish and make the most of any time you have left. I know you will. Love her with all your heart and tell her everything you ever wanted to tell her. No regrets, you know? I know you don't really know me , but if you need anything, I too am here for you. God bless.
1st October 2006 12:54 PM
not bound to please I am so sorry to hear this Corgi. My uncle Jack had that too - one thanksgiving he barely said a word, which was unusual since he was normally the life of the party. The next day he was rushed to the hospital, and they found out.

There are alternative things you can try. Cassie's tea is one of them. If you want more info - PM me.

1st October 2006 12:56 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
>And, of course, only a couple of weeks ago, she rang me to say "Why are the Rolling Stone on Days of our lives?"<

Why? Because it's the best, most dramatic soap on TV.
If it had been any other soap I'd have questioned their judgment. But as long as it was Days...I'd say it was a brilliant decision.

Yes - but such a shitty song.....

Very weird watching Shaun and Mimi sitting on the sofa watching the SOL video.

1st October 2006 06:39 PM
Factory Girl My dear corgi,

I'm so very sorry. Your mum is a great lady with a wonderful loving son. I'll pray that you'll have a Xmas and a New Year together.

My prayers go to you and your family. Give your mum a big hug for me and for all of us here at Rocks Off.

Your friend,

FG!
1st October 2006 06:54 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Be strong Corgi... my mother passed away by cancer 19 years ago and it's something hard to live. Be strong, you're strong Corgi. It's not that easy man, the pain is deep even morphine can't relieve the pain, I wish she won't suffer as much as my mom did. Sorry to say it in such a straight and direct way but it's a fact there ain't no cure for it.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)