ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Soldier Field, Chicago- October 11, 2006
© Parmeda, thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My Mum - Aint long now Return to archive Page: 1 2
1st October 2006 06:56 PM
Back Street Girl Be Strong.
1st October 2006 07:35 PM
CraigP My heart goes out to yourself and your family.

I recently lost my life-long best friend 'brother' of 19 years to an O.D. and my grandmother to Alszeimer's (sp.?)...

Since I've gotten over the initial shock, I've realized that just by knowing them and how they loved me, they would want me to take care of myself and do right.

I'm recovering from a severe prescription drug addiction with the strengh and love they had given me. Better, made me realize I have.

For everything negative, there is an equal positive. You just have to figure it out, realize it for yourself.

My best wishes for your mom's releif from pain and suffering, as well as your's

Much Love to you all,
-CraigP
1st October 2006 09:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot My sincere best wishes to you and yours Corgi.

1st October 2006 09:55 PM
Soldatti Be strong Corgi, all my prayers are with you and your mom.
2nd October 2006 08:23 AM
Zack Corgi, sorry about the news.

Don't forget to talk to her while you still can. Tell her what she means to you before it's too late. Good luck getting through it when the day comes.
2nd October 2006 08:55 AM
corgi37 Thanks all. She's out of intensive care after a week and in a normal ward. She's about as ok as you can get i guess. She's ready to plan her farewell Hong kong trip (her 42nd!) with my wife and sister.

It was nice to read all the responses. I know we are not the only ones to have gone through this. I have alot of holidays yet to take, so i will spend as much time as i can.

Thanks again people.
2nd October 2006 09:12 AM
Daethgod just found this thread and reading your emails Corgster

just filling Matty in

got a freakin tear in my eye for ya buddy

hang in there baby
u r not alone, your peeps are here for ya

[Edited by Daethgod]
2nd October 2006 09:18 AM
FotiniD Just saw this thread as well. Some very sad stories And cancer is becoming more common of a disease than the flu. I lost my grandpa to lung cancer when he was 65. I was 18 and was just getting to know him as a person other than just as a grandpa as well. We thought my dad had it last year but it turned to be something else, equally dangerous, but thankfully he got over it.

Try and spend all the time you can with her corgi. There's not much we can say I suppose. She should be proud to have you as a son, you love her so much. Hang around her, enjoy every precious moment and if there's any kind of justice or meaning in this crazy illusion called life (and there must be, damn it, otherwise we're really stuck with a bad deal) I'm 100% sure she'll keep watching after you, even if she's not there physically. And judging by her son, she won't be giving up easily, either way.

All my prayers and best wishes.
2nd October 2006 10:20 AM
Joey
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I didnt really want to say anything, but i felt i should as i consider you bastards and bitches like a kind of family.

My darling mother is not long for this world. She has liver & pancreas cancer. Its terminal. It's not curable. Not even really delay-able. There is no hoping for anything, except a speedy resolution. She's just spent over a week in hospital, and she's still in intensive care (soon to be out though). This is not for the cancer, its for something else. They "found" the cancer while operating and just prior through tests. Earlier this year, she had a breast removed due to cancer. Fair to say, she's riddled with the wicked shit.

So, i am not really looking for any sympathy for this old devil. I just thought i would share with my brethren, and er, sister-ren. Er, sister hood. Whatever.

We will all go through the loss of parents. At least, i hope. It's the circle of life. I can think of nothing worse than a parent saying goodbye to a child, though my wife and i have done that too.

My family and i hope we have 1 more Christmas. Yes, its that bad, and that aggressive. My love to you all, and i hope you can all hug ya mum's as much as possible. My Mum told me (mainly as a joke, but it's quite poignant) that you can have heaps of lays, alot of girlfriends, even a few wives...but you only have 1 Mum - Mom to my Yank friends.

And she is right.

I dont feel sadness, i only feel love. When the time comes, i will be gutted. But, i will try to be strong for others. I feel it will only be when my 4 yr old twins do something special, and i think "I'll call Mum", or even (and she knows my Stones passion and was very happy for me when i saw them in Sydney with wifey, Daeth, Mrs. Daeth and his, now my, mate Mat) "the Stones are coming back, i gotta tell Mum!", or any other thing that she would love, and she wont be there. Thats when it will hit me. The thought of me never talking to her again makes me sick.

I am not Robinson Crusoe. Some of you fine folk have lost parents too. But, hey, she's mine. I dont want to bring things down, but i felt i had to share, as things will be hard in the next few weeks (yes, that soon), but i hope its a while yet. My Mum is tough old bitch, and she'll go out fighting, and she'll go out her fucking way. And i support her. There will be no more operations.

If you can post some nice stuff, that would be cool, and i will show her when she gets out of hospital. Just to prove to her that Stones fans are not all long haired, dirty, foul mouthed degenerates.

She doesnt like the Stones. Heck, she dont like anything post 1960 (though, oddly, she thinks Bowie has a nice voice!). But, apart from trying to piss her off in my teens with SYMPATHY and STAR STAR, she was always amazed at the tenderness of songs like Love in vain and Angie. And, of course, only a couple of weeks ago, she rang me to say "Why are the Rolling Stone on Days of our lives?"

Take care all.

Hang Tough Corgi ..................

I offer your family and yourself my heartfelt condolences

Joey
2nd October 2006 12:17 PM
Irina My prayers to You and Your mother, Corgi
3rd October 2006 01:08 AM
IanBillen
Very sad news to read here. Sorry. you'll know what to play when the time is right for you to choose it. In the mean time, I have not too much to think about.

Ian
3rd October 2006 01:25 AM
parmeda I admire your courage to share your personal feelings, corgi

And I will bet anything I know who taught you to be strong...it's the same woman you speak so dearly of.

May your entire family be Blessed to find the strength and peace to endure the days ahead.
3rd October 2006 05:29 AM
Jumacfly Hang On Corgi.
All my sinceres condoleances mate.
3rd October 2006 10:20 AM
Lazy Bones We are family, Corgi. Be strong. We're thinking and praying about you and your family.
3rd October 2006 02:37 PM
the good Wow. Sorry to hear that. Take care Corgi.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)