ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Andy Warhol
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Presidential Debates - Round One Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 30th, 2004 08:18 PM
Poplar About 40 minutes from kick-off here. Just thought I would go ahead and get the thread established.

Remember to stay within you time limits.
[Edited by Poplar]
September 30th, 2004 08:21 PM
LadyJane I know we are on opposite sides of the political ring, Poplar. But I'd like to wish you a very happy Birthday!!!

Okay..off come the gloves...I hope Dubya makes an ass of himself.!!!

LJ.
September 30th, 2004 08:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot These are not debates. They are press conferences.

W will do fine because he can read a prepared, coached answer. As long as he sticks to the script he'll do well enough.

The trick for Kerry will be to bait W into going off the script. But I don't think GW's handlers will allow that to happen.

I've heard lots of people say this is the most important election in our lifetime. Bullshit. This is one of the most useless elections in our lifetime. No matter who wins the election, we all lose. That is what happens when you have an election between two candidates who are not capable of doing the job.
September 30th, 2004 08:38 PM
parmeda LadyJ...W isn't going to make THAT much of an ass of himself. The damn thing is scripted! WTF is that? That concept really pisses me off. It just goes to prove they are BOTH pussies. A good debate between these two would be to have them drop their pants and show us their balls! Obviously, neither of them has any. (There, I said it.) I don't even want to watch it now, although I probably will for the entertainment value of it in itself. I'll randomly turn the volume down and do my own commentary as I see fit

In all honesty, I would much rather watch a debate on "whom shall have what color foot print" on the backs of their t-shirts...lmao (Priceless, Nanky...fucking priceless idea!)
September 30th, 2004 09:28 PM
Dan Listening now - Kerry is still a liar and Bush is still out of touch with reality. Oh well, Adlai Stevenson was probably right when he said in a democracy the people get the kind of government they deserve. I am already looking forward to 2008 (or dreading it). Gawd help us all.

SS - you are right, this isnt a real debate! (and on foreign policy the 2 candidates are almost alike even tho they are pretending they arent and the more gullible among the supporters will go along).
September 30th, 2004 09:49 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
These are not debates. They are press conferences.

You're right. Predictable boring stuff. I totally forgot about it, just tuned in, although it's 3.48 am over here in Holland. I can choose between CNN or the Dutch national station NL 2 which transmits with a 2 minute delay for subtitle creation . Boy, these people are working their ass off on the subs, only 2 minutes!! . CNN has this large banner taking up almost all of my screen, NL 2 doesn't. Tough decisions in the middle of the night!

This Kerry has a strange head. They're both ugly. But the people who died today in Iraq won't care about that I guess...

O great, I can also see it on the BBC and on the German ARD in German overdub, on French TV5 in French and on Spanish TVE in Spanish!! Choices, choices...

[Edited by Angiegirl]
September 30th, 2004 10:27 PM
corgi37 I dont know why they even bother to have these anymore. They are just so well controlled. Our one of here last week was beaten by Australian Idol. It was just as controlled as the U.S. one.

At least you Yanks dont have to vote. It's compulsory here in Oz. I just hope our Prime Minister is turfed out on his bony old ass. I'm a Labour boy, and always will be.

Not that any of this mean anything to any of you.
September 30th, 2004 10:29 PM
gypsy I did not and am not watching the debate. I'm sure they'll be showing the "highlights" for weeks from now.
October 1st, 2004 12:22 AM
Stonesthrow Bush doesn't engender trust, confidence, or loyalty. Kerry has more faces than Lon Chaney. The Libertarian candidate is starting to look good. If only the ballot had a "none of the above" box to check.

October 1st, 2004 01:02 AM
Poplar More faces than Lon Chaney.. nice.

Thanks for the birthday wishes LadyJane.

As for my take, I think my guy looked kinda weak tonight. But I don't know that it really helps Kerry all that much. I mean, who do you expect to win a "debate" between these two. Oh well, two more to go, and a long way to November 2.

My show is almsot over. It's almost time to tie one on.

[Edited by Poplar]
October 1st, 2004 05:01 AM
Moonisup when is the second round??
October 1st, 2004 05:28 AM
F505 Do you yanks have nothing better to offer than these two knuckleheads?
October 1st, 2004 07:05 AM
M.O.W.A.T. My candidate --

October 1st, 2004 07:07 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
My candidate --

LOL...Major Quimby is one of the best politics ever!!!
October 1st, 2004 07:27 AM
Mr Hess
quote:
F505 wrote:
Do you yanks have nothing better to offer than these two knuckleheads?

True.
Bush-Kerry is just the political equivilant of replacing Curly with Shemp.
October 1st, 2004 08:16 AM
sammy davis jr. Do you yanks have nothing better to offer than these two knuckleheads?

No
October 1st, 2004 08:26 AM
LadyJane Even the Republicans are admitting this a.m. that Bush appeared aggitated, somewhat bored, and likened his expression to "sucking on a lemon". See, Pammy, I told you he'd make an ass of himself. It's not a stretch.

Got to give this round to Kerry.

LJ.
October 1st, 2004 08:46 AM
throbby Do you yanks have nothing better to offer than these two knuckleheads?

Sure we do. Problem is they'll never be allowed to run for the presidency.

Cancer or Polio here in America. Which would you choose?
October 1st, 2004 08:53 AM
CS
October 1st, 2004 09:11 AM
caro BTW, does anyone have link to an article that explains how (and to which extent) the debates are scripted? I've searched a bit on the net but couldn't come up with something specific...
TIA!
October 1st, 2004 09:22 AM
nankerphelge http://www.modbee.com/24hour/politics/story/1695746p-9483027c.html
October 1st, 2004 09:25 AM
Joey

<----- You Just Saw the Next Commander in Chief !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh , HELL YES little fella !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two more debating performances like THAT by John Kerry and Bushie43 is History !!!!!!!

Last Evening , John Kerry threw out that " Dukakis " image for good .................................and was it just me , or when the camera cut to a Split Screen whilst John Kerry was attacking Bushie43 , didn't a visibly perturbed George W. look a little bit like Johnny Carson ( circa 1974 ) ?!?! . Funny !

" We got a Winner Ronnie ! "

Jacky Hilton !

October 1st, 2004 09:28 AM
caro Thanks Nanky for the link!
October 1st, 2004 10:58 AM
The_Worst John Kerry is the absolute worst!!!

quote:
Joey wrote:

<----- You Just Saw the Next Commander in Chief !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh , HELL YES little fella !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two more debating performances like THAT by John Kerry and Bushie43 is History !!!!!!!

Last Evening , John Kerry threw out that " Dukakis " image for good .................................and was it just me , or when the camera cut to a Split Screen whilst John Kerry was attacking Bushie43 , didn't a visibly perturbed George W. look a little bit like Johnny Carson ( circa 1974 ) ?!?! . Funny !

" We got a Winner Ronnie ! "

Jacky Hilton !

October 1st, 2004 11:41 AM
Jumacfly well, forget about the image of those 2 guys, i ve read here only about their face, their suit, their brushing ...

what about their ideas,their program which is the most important hu??
Anyway go and vote my yanks pals, whoever you vote for just go and VOTE!!!
October 1st, 2004 11:48 AM
F505 Hi jumacfly
October 1st, 2004 12:28 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
F505 wrote:
Hi jumacfly

Hi F505!

hace a nice week end!
October 1st, 2004 12:47 PM
jb
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Hi F505!

hace a nice week end!

Great Post dickhead!
October 1st, 2004 01:03 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
CS wrote:

Great! Where can I find one like that?
October 1st, 2004 02:09 PM
doo doo doo Dude It's pretty obvious Bush got his ass kicked.
Page: 1 2