ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Troy Fleece / Leader Post with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Churchill Downs, Louisville, Ky. - 29th September 2006 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
29th September 2006 08:00 PM
Gazza Alice's setjust finished a few minutes ago, so I guess the Stones should be on in 30-40 minutes?
29th September 2006 08:01 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Its definitely more pronounced this tour. Thats a fucking chasm.

Remember when Mick used to run down the steps and actually come up to the people in the front row and slap hands with them? He never does that anymore.

Maybe he has some germ-fixation when anyone he thinks may have paid less than $500 a ticket or something...

Throbby noted some armed cops the other night. Maybe there have been threats? It's just so far from the people.
29th September 2006 08:02 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Alice's setjust finished a few minutes ago, so I guess the Stones should be on in 30-40 minutes?

Maybe an hour. They seem to take it slower these days.
29th September 2006 08:11 PM
Gazza ah..its not like the old days, is it? Remember those two hour gaps before the Stones came on? We were spoiled back then!!
29th September 2006 08:11 PM
TomL Sorry Martha that was Pug. Looks different without the cape.
29th September 2006 08:24 PM
Gazza So does Clark Kent
29th September 2006 08:30 PM
Poplar
Come on Keith, pull it together and renew our faith....
most of all, give those Southerners a good one.
29th September 2006 08:32 PM
Some Guy has jb shown up?
29th September 2006 08:34 PM
Poplar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
has jb shown up?

no, but he's been shown up.
29th September 2006 08:36 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Poplar wrote:

no, but he's been shown up.

flank pain?
29th September 2006 08:36 PM
fireontheplatter i can't wait for this show 2 begin...

i saw the giants stadium show wed night and it was fan fucking tastic......
29th September 2006 08:44 PM
TomL They will have a good time.
[Edited by TomL]
29th September 2006 08:48 PM
glencar Has it started yet?
29th September 2006 08:49 PM
east_river_trucker
quote:
glencar wrote:
Another gaping maw between the band & its audience. When did this start?

This is the Rolling Stones. So let me think. I got it! I'm betting it has something to do with money - hmmmmmm - oh! I bet it's so they can sell more tickets further out on the sides - Churchill Downs is narrow but wide.

Did that make any sense? Not sure. But check this out:

It is symbolic of the gaping distance between the world that the band lives in and the world that their fans live in. It is this gaping gap that gives us the really out-to-lunch lyrics from Sir Micheal Phillip and a band wardrobe that is embarrasing to anyone who hasn't lived sequestered in mansions and on private islands in the Pacific since they were 21 years old - isolated from the real world for the last 40 odd years. The Wacko-Jacko syndrome is finally becoming too noticeable for the band's fans to continue to ignore. I think there could well be something to that germs idea. "Keep the hoi-polloi and their germs away from me." Mick breathes the bad air coming up from the pauper's pit and gets a sore throat and has to postpone concerts. Next he'll start covering his face with hankerchieves like Wacko-Jacko does when he's forced to be in close proxzimty with the common rabble. Or - how bout this? - maybe his throat gets hoarse when he looks out and sees empty seats - kind a like when Brittany Spear's injured leg started to hurt when her ticket sells started to slump.
29th September 2006 08:51 PM
glencar
quote:
east_river_trucker wrote:

This is the Rolling Stones. So let me think. I got it! I'm betting it has something to do with money - hmmmmmm - oh! I bet it's so they can sell more tickets further out on the sides - Churchill Downs is narrow but wide.

Did that make any sense? Not sure. But check this out:

It is symbolic of the gaping distance between the world that the band lives in and the world that their fans live in. It is this gaping gap that gives us the really out-to-lunch lyrics from Sir Micheal Phillip and a band wardrobe that is embarrasing to anyone who hasn't lived sequestered in mansions and on private islands in the Pacific since they were 21 years old - isolated from the real world for the last 40 odd years. The Wacko-Jacko syndrome is finally becoming too noticeable for the band's fans to continue to ignore. I think there could well be something to that germs idea. "Keep the hoi-polloi and their germs away from me." Mick breathes the bad air coming up from the pauper's pit and gets a sore throat and has to postpone concerts. Next he'll start covering his face with hankerchieves like Wacko-Jacko does when he's forced to be in close proxzimty with the common rabble. Or - how bout this? - maybe his throat gets hoarse when he looks out and sees empty seats - kind a like when Brittany Spear's injured leg started to hurt when her ticket sells started to slump.

does not compute....does not compute...boop...boop...
29th September 2006 08:51 PM
Gazza Showtime - and its pouring down, apparently
29th September 2006 08:54 PM
telecaster
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Showtime - and its pouring down, apparently

These outdoor shows this time of year - not a good idea
29th September 2006 08:54 PM
Gazza JJF as the opener
29th September 2006 08:55 PM
LadyJane JJF...nice.

Fucking rain.
Poplar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

A tour of this does not bode well for the guys, i'm afraid. we need clear, warm weather.
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

My only wet show was Wembley 1999!
LadyJane omg...the mud will be horrible at Churchill.
29th September 2006 08:56 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
JJF...nice.

Fucking rain.

Fear not. Joshy has his mandanna to protect teh crwod.
29th September 2006 08:56 PM
glencar I wonder what the forecast is for Witchy Ta?
29th September 2006 08:58 PM
Gazza 2. IORR - "Keith with stupid cap!" - Meg
29th September 2006 08:58 PM
Poplar
eegads, it's Europe.
29th September 2006 09:01 PM
LadyJane I will lose my mind if we get rain in Chicago

LJ.
29th September 2006 09:02 PM
glencar SHADDUP!!! Don't jinx me, baby!
29th September 2006 09:02 PM
Gazza 3. ONNYA - "guitars way up"
29th September 2006 09:03 PM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
SHADDUP!!! Don't jinx me, baby!

Blue..you think Josh has tired someone to hold an umbrella over his head???????

LJ.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)