ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen... From Barcelona: The Smoking Stones!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sen. Frist Says "Vote Taliban" (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
3rd October 2006 08:21 PM
Brainbell Jangler Excuse me for asking, but weren't these the guys with the ACTUAL link to Al Qaeda?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061003/ap_on_el_ge/afghanistan_frist_4;_ylt=Ar9wtnagvpem4XbCS509eXWGbToC;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNIYwMIJVRPUCU1

Frist-Omar in 2008!

3rd October 2006 09:27 PM
mojoman this is scary stuff.
3rd October 2006 09:29 PM
pdog Frist is an ignorant privilaged bigot who has never experienced hardship in his life.
That's who he is and the people he represents!
3rd October 2006 09:35 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
Frist is an ignorant privilaged bigot who has never experienced hardship in his life.

He also stole cats and tortured them.
3rd October 2006 10:23 PM
glencar Clearly, he's not ready for prime time. And killing cats for medical experiments is okay in my book.
3rd October 2006 10:37 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Excuse me for asking, but weren't these the guys with the ACTUAL link to Al Qaeda?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061003/ap_on_el_ge/afghanistan_frist_4;_ylt=Ar9wtnagvpem4XbCS509eXWGbToC;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNIYwMIJVRPUCU1

Frist-Omar in 2008!

Un-frickin'-real. WTF? Is he insane? Shades of Richard Gere at 9/11 Benefit Concert.

What the fuck?
4th October 2006 12:23 AM
Brainbell Jangler Where are riffy and telly and their minions hiding? Tora Bora?
4th October 2006 01:09 AM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Clearly, he's not ready for prime time. And killing cats for medical experiments is okay in my book.

What demagraphic did these alleged cats come from?
4th October 2006 02:00 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Where are riffy and telly and their minions hiding? Tora Bora?

Frist just went from okay guy to total fucking zero in my opinion. What kind of neo-prick goes into a fucking war zone where American and NATO troops are dying to protect his fucking dumb ass, and announces we can't win, we should let the enemy run the government?

I'm willing to listen to whatever Riffie has to say on this, I really am, but he never convinced me on George Walker Bush III's indifference to bin Laden, and I'll doubt he'll convince me we should likewise punt on the Taliban. I vehemently am in dissentness.

See, this is what Iraq does to some people, takes their eye completely off the ball. Prize off the occular. Biffage.
4th October 2006 03:09 AM
pdog Frist emboldens the Taliban,
while Bush has dinner,
with a the man who took over Pakistan
in a coup and harbors al Queda and
Osama bin Laden...
File this under stuff you won't see on
Fox News! They'll devote 15 mnutes to a rally of
about 50 people who scream that Murtha is
emboldening our enemies however!
Bill frist should just stay
over there and help set
up the taliban,
I'm sure they'll enjoy his company,
they both hate America!
[Edited by pdog]
4th October 2006 10:38 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
pdog wrote:
Frist emboldens the Taliban,
while Bush has dinner,
with a the man who took over Pakistan
in a coup and harbors al Queda and
Osama bin Laden...
File this under stuff you won't see on
Fox News! They'll devote 15 mnutes to a rally of
about 50 people who scream that Murtha is
emboldening our enemies however!
Bill frist should just stay
over there and help set
up the taliban,
I'm sure they'll enjoy his company,
they both hate America!
[Edited by pdog]

No kidding, I never heard of this until I read it on RO! The liberal media certainly kept this under wraps.

We need a name for this jagoff, something along the lines of Turbin Durbin, etc. I can't believe this dude wants to sit down and have buttered crumpets and bundt cakes with the Taliban.
4th October 2006 02:00 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

No kidding, I never heard of this until I read it on RO! The liberal media certainly kept this under wraps.

Freedumb isn't free!
It's the dumb that's costing lives!
4th October 2006 03:01 PM
Brainbell Jangler Where are our Republican friends? They are strangely silent.

[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
4th October 2006 03:14 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
Clearly, he's not ready for prime time. And killing cats for medical experiments is okay in my book.

I doubt he did anything constructive with them. He answered ads for people giving them away as pets while he was in college. I doubt they were medical "experiments" so much as sacrificing them to Satan to satisfy his bloodlust for power!
4th October 2006 03:19 PM
telecaster
quote:
pdog wrote:
Frist is an ignorant privilaged bigot who has never experienced hardship in his life.

I thought you said you didn't call people names pdog?

Ooops!
4th October 2006 03:19 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

I doubt he did anything constructive with them. He answered ads for people giving them away as pets while he was in college. I doubt they were medical "experiments" so much as sacrificing them to Satan to satisfy his bloodlust for power!

It's the olny pussy he ever got!
Bwahahaha... I kill ME!
4th October 2006 03:24 PM
telecaster
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Where are our Republican friends? They are strangely silent.

Right here BJ

Can you provide the transcipts

1. Your quotation header is a lie. Can you show us where Frist said to "vote Taliban"

2. Why is this story not everywhere? Because it is a shit story poorly written
You all bust a nut over WHAT THE AP REPORTER SAID not what Frist said
The report doesn't have the basic journalistic brains to quote what Frist said, it is her interpretation of what she thinks Frist said. She did not quote him on that. Why? It is her analysis, not reporting. That is why this story is buried

3. But yet she fully quotes the Dems in perfect quotes with their outrage over their outrage of what SHE SAID FRIST SAID

F- on the reporting

F- on the header

Provide the transcripts, not some leftwing AP reporters thoughts
4th October 2006 03:43 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Right here BJ

Can you provide the transcipts

1. Your quotation header is a lie. Can you show us where Frist said to "vote Taliban"

2. Why is this story not everywhere? Because it is a shit story poorly written
You all bust a nut over WHAT THE AP REPORTER SAID not what Frist said
The report doesn't have the basic journalistic brains to quote what Frist said, it is her interpretation of what she thinks Frist said. She did not quote him on that. Why? It is her analysis, not reporting. That is why this story is buried

3. But yet she fully quotes the Dems in perfect quotes with their outrage over their outrage of what SHE SAID FRIST SAID

F- on the reporting

F- on the header

Provide the transcripts, not some leftwing AP reporters thoughts

Haha!

I think the header was a joke....and I doubt Brain thought he could dupe us into believing Frist and Omar are running on the same 2008 ticket either.

Here's what Fox says:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,217198,00.html

Anyway, you should be conDamning the guy, not coming off as some Taliban apologist. They keep bin Laden safe, ffs, and now Frist is in their homeland waving bananas in the air.
4th October 2006 03:48 PM
telecaster
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Haha!

I think the header was a joke....and I doubt Brain thought he could dupe us into believing Frist and Omar are running on the same 2008 ticket either.

Here's what Fox says:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,217198,00.html

Anyway, you should be conDamning the guy, not coming off as some Taliban apologist. They keep bin Laden safe, ffs, and now Frist is in their homeland waving bananas in the air.

That is the same AP report that BJ posted. Fox uses the AP

Why would I condem Frist over an AP reporters analysis?

Why won't any provide the actual quotes of what Frist said?
4th October 2006 03:51 PM
rasputin56 Too much, I'm beggin' ya. Stop. And you guys still get into a hissy fit about someone wanting to know the definition of "is" is? Great stuff. Keep up the good work!
4th October 2006 03:54 PM
Dan Here ya go

http://frist.senate.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressReleases.Detail&PressRelease_id=2628

Still somewhat worthy of ridicule considering the Afghan habit of shifting alliances etc.
4th October 2006 03:54 PM
rasputin56 The Tennessee Republican said he learned from briefings that Taliban fighters were too numerous and had too much popular support to be defeated on the battlefield.

``You need to bring them into a more transparent type of government,'' Frist said during a brief visit to a U.S. and Romanian military base in the southern Taliban stronghold of Qalat. ``And if that's accomplished, we'll be successful.''

Maybe he was talking about the ladies' auxillary?
4th October 2006 03:59 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Dan wrote:
Here ya go

http://frist.senate.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressReleases.Detail&PressRelease_id=2628

Still somewhat worthy of ridicule considering the Afghan habit of shifting alliances etc.

Of course, this was issued after he became a surrender monkey to "clarify". I seem to recall he did the same flip flop after diagnosing Terry Schiavo over the TV as being about ready to go on Jeopardy.
[Edited by rasputin56]
4th October 2006 03:59 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
telecaster wrote:

That is the same AP report that BJ posted. Fox uses the AP

Why would I condem Frist over an AP reporters analysis?

Why won't any provide the actual quotes of what Frist said?

Fox liked the headline in big bold, and adopted the story - they don't lie. There are plenty of quotes in there. You go get the rest if you think they'll help your cause, whatever the hell it is.

Frist wants to play hopscotch with the Taliban and instead of denouncing him and the Taliban, you run around like a ferrit. Gee, I wonder if it was a Democrat saying all this what you would be saying? I just can't imagine, for the life of me, I just can't imagine.

4th October 2006 04:25 PM
telecaster
quote:
Dan wrote:
Here ya go

Thanks Dan. That is nothing like what the AP reporters analysis

4th October 2006 04:26 PM
telecaster
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
The Tennessee Republican said he learned from briefings that Taliban fighters were too numerous and had too much popular support to be defeated on the battlefield.

``You need to bring them into a more transparent type of government,'' Frist said during a brief visit to a U.S. and Romanian military base in the southern Taliban stronghold of Qalat. ``And if that's accomplished, we'll be successful.''

Maybe he was talking about the ladies' auxillary?

Of course the first part of your post is the AP reporters analysis

The second part, the quote from Frist has nothing to do with what the reporter said
4th October 2006 04:28 PM
Joey

4th October 2006 04:30 PM
telecaster
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Fox liked the headline in big bold, and adopted the story - they don't lie. There are plenty of quotes in there. You go get the rest if you think they'll help your cause, whatever the hell it is.

Frist wants to play hopscotch with the Taliban and instead of denouncing him and the Taliban, you run around like a ferrit. Gee, I wonder if it was a Democrat saying all this what you would be saying? I just can't imagine, for the life of me, I just can't imagine.

Sure there are plenty of quotes. From outraged Dems over what an AP reporters analysis of what Frist said.

Sure Fox went with it and it is still bad journalism. If you repeat something 1000 times it doesn't make it accurate or correct

And you are in law?

A Dem saying it? How would we ever know? You mean if the AP reporter printed her analysis of what a Dem said, not the actual quotes of what the Dem said? I would then say it is shitty and sloppy and biased journalism

Can anyone please forward the actual transcripts or quotes of Frist?

TIA
4th October 2006 04:31 PM
Joey

" Can anyone please forward the actual transcripts or quotes of Frist? "

4th October 2006 04:39 PM
rasputin56
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Of course the first part of your post is the AP reporters analysis

The second part, the quote from Frist has nothing to do with what the reporter said

Yes, of course it didn't. "Analysis". Praytell, what was he (being KittyKiller, M.D. a/k/a SurrenderMonkee) referring to?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)