ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Sue the good one... from Seattle
© 2005 Kevin Mazur with thanks to Sue!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rogers Center, Toronto, ON--26th September-Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
September 26th, 2005 10:52 PM
PartyDoll MEG Better get some sleep then. Must be rested for P-Burg!! We aren't getting the setlist tonite. Phones must have jammed
September 26th, 2005 10:53 PM
nankerphelge Not me - I'm sick about all these shows I am missin'!

Dammit
September 26th, 2005 10:58 PM
PartyDoll MEG Better make sure nothin keeps you from NYC... Lookin forward to meeting you!!
September 26th, 2005 11:08 PM
TomL night ...night. Nanky I think it was you raving about Ronnie's shirt with the black kid on it. if so I have a nice post card from the govida gallery exhibit for you, remind me.
September 26th, 2005 11:12 PM
nankerphelge Yep -- back in the late 70s Ronnie used to wear this T with a black kid on it!

Keith used to wear it too!
September 26th, 2005 11:13 PM
PartyDoll MEG I give up LJ- we are totally spoiled!! I am battling a cold and should be in bed too, but this Stones sickness I have is keeping me here. Do you think I need therapy?!!
September 26th, 2005 11:17 PM
TomL It's yours brother, I have two. I'll call ya tomorrow. Gotta go sleepys.
September 26th, 2005 11:18 PM
PartyDoll MEG Nite all!
September 26th, 2005 11:18 PM
TomL Meg- You need a night of wild sex. Night Night.
September 26th, 2005 11:22 PM
LadyJane This IS therapy MEG!!!

For that special sickness known as Stonesaholism.

Get some rest........I'm making another drink.....I may go to Hershey.

LJ.

September 26th, 2005 11:24 PM
TomL you do that. I am on my last sip then a cig and off to dream land. nite LJ
September 26th, 2005 11:30 PM
moy Some pix from yahoo news (AP PHOTO/CP, Frank Gunn)

September 27th, 2005 12:01 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm going to call Gomper as I have his cell number, hope he has it turned on and sober enough to remember the setlist or at least the highlights
September 27th, 2005 12:06 AM
time is on my side Start Me Up
You Got Me Rocking
She's So Cold
Ruby Tuesday
Rough Justice
Dead Flowers
Tumbling Dice
Bitch
Nighttime
Worst
Infamy
Miss You
ONNYA
Out of Control
Satisfaction
IORR
YCAGWYW
Brown Sugar

September 27th, 2005 12:09 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl 18 songs?

Out of control at B stage?
September 27th, 2005 12:11 AM
time is on my side "Cell phone wasn't working, as we thought. This may not be in exact order because he didn't have a pen to write it all down. He said there was an echo in the building so the sound wasn't good, and Bitch was not good at all.

There are some songs missing, but he said there were no great surprises except for Dead Flowers..........he will look this over when he gets home and make necessary changes, although by then it will probably already be on rs.com."

This is a quote from our friends at Shidoobee

The songs are not in order- they appear to be going on memory only

[Edited by time is on my side]
September 27th, 2005 04:33 AM
shakedhandswithkeith from IORR:

Start Me Up
You Got Me Rocking
She's So Cold
Tumbling Dice
Rough Justice
Ruby Tuesday
Dead Flowers
Bitch
Night Time Is The Right Time
--- Introductions
The Worst (Keith)
Infamy (Keith)
Miss You (to B-stage)
Oh No Not You Again (B-stage)
Satisfaction (B-stage)
Honky Tonk Women (to main stage)
Out Of Control
Sympathy for the Devil
Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash
You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (encore)
September 27th, 2005 04:41 AM
charlotte Oldies but goodies
The Rolling Stones put on another Jumpin' Jack bash in Toronto
By JANE STEVENSON

After rehearsing here for weeks this summer, Mick and Stones bring Bigger Bang back to T.O. (Fred Thornhill, SUN)
The Rolling Stones went for a much "bigger bang" last night in front of more than 40,000 fans at the Rogers Centre.

After playing to a mere 1,000 fans at the Phoenix during a special club show back in August -- as they wrapped up tour rehearsals in Toronto at Greenwood College School -- the veteran British rockers returned to play a proper, two-hour stadium show with all the bells and whistles. That meant performing on a massive steel stage -- 90-feet tall and 285-feet wide -- with two built-in balconies for about 240 fans behind the band .

There was also an impressive video-and-light show reflecting the title of their latest album, A Bigger Bang.

Fireworks and fire bursts signalled the evening's first song, Start Me Up, a tune that also began the Stones' tour opener on Aug. 21 in Boston at Fenway Park.

In fact, the band, led by frontman Mick Jagger, resplendent in a sparkly silver jacket, continued the Fenway Park set list with You Got Me Rockin' , but then veered away with the third song, She's So Cold, which included vintage video.

Jagger, 62, moved easily and nimbly around the stage, shaking his hips and clapping his hands, while guitarist Keith Richards, 61, could be seen with a cigarette dangling from his lips from the opening song.

"Hello Toronto!" said Jagger. "Oh boy, I tell you, six weeks, we rehearsed in a school down the road. Everyone was really hospitable. Hopefully, tonight we sound like we rehearsed."

When they first appeared, the band was just Jagger, Richards, guitarist Ron Wood, drummer Charlie Watts, bassist Daryl Jones and keyboardist Chuck Leavell, but eventually it expanded to a much larger configuration.

Three backup singers and a four-man horn section joined the group for song number four, Tumblin' Dice, a definite concert highlight.

The first new song of the night was Rough Justice, also the first single from A Bigger Bang. But despite that album's overwhelmingly positive reviews, it was clear most of the crowd had come for the hits.

"Are you in the mood for something a little more romantic now?" asked Jagger, before launching into the Stones classic, Ruby Tuesday, to huge cheers as Richards chimed in on the chorus.

The band also pulled out the lesser-known, country-tinged Dead Flowers, a song they also performed at the Phoenix with Jagger on acoustic guitar, and the Sticky Fingers' standout Bitch.

Also intact from Boston's tour opener was the band's tribute to Ray Charles. They performed a soulful rendition of Charles' Night Time Is The Right Time with backup singer Lisa Fischer tearing up the joint with her stadium-worthy vocals, sometimes achieved through deep-knee bends.

Richards, wearing his trademark Pirates of The Caribbean bandanna and hair trinkets, was also a crowd pleaser on lead vocals on both The Worst and Infamy, the best new song off A Bigger Bang.

"It's good to be amongst friends," said Richards.

The neat trick of the night, as in Boston, was when the Stones moved from their main stage to a smaller b-stage. During Miss You, the band was on an elevated stage, moving via hydraulics on a track to the back of the floor.

The group remained on the scaled-down stage for three more songs -- the new tune, Oh No, Not You Again, Satisfaction, and Honky Tonk Woman, the latter during which they returned back to the main stage where a gigantic pair of inflated, flowered-decorated lips greeted them.

Later highlights were Sympathy For The Devil with the stage bathed in red lights and fire bursts and a Richards' incendiary signature guitar solo, a horn-heavy Brown Sugar and the set-ending energizer Jumpin' Jack Flash with yet more fireworks and firebursts.

The encore saw a spirited crowd singalong on You Can't Always Get What You Want -- "Hey Toronto, you sang that beautifully," said Jagger -- and the end-of-the-night fan favourite, It's Only Rock 'N' Roll.

Meanwhile, opening act Beck, decked out in a white blazer, a black, white and red polka-dot shirt and black pants, had the unenviable task of playing to a half-full stadium of Stones fans earlier in the evening.

Plucky as ever, the hip-hop-blues-folkie and his five-piece band opened his 35-minute set with his seldom-played breakthrough hit, Loser, despite being completely dwarfed by the Stones mega-stage.

Then he got straight to new tunes from his latest album, Guero -- Black Tambourine and Girl -- before a fan finally shouted out some much-needed love.

"I love you too -- we have some friends!" said Beck, 35, with a laugh, but before he could finish his thought his band broke into Devil's Haircut from 1996's Odelay, followed by Where It's At.

---
SET LIST
Here's what the Rolling Stones played last night at the Rogers Centre:
- Start Me Up
- You Got Me Rockin'
- She's So Cold
- Tumblin' Dice
- Rough Justice
- Ruby Tuesday
- Dead Flowers
- Bitch
- Night Time (Is The Right Time)
- The Worst
- Infamy
- Miss You
- Oh No, Not You Again
- Satisfaction
- Honky Tonk Woman
- Out Of Control
- Sympathy For The Devil
- Brown Sugar
- Jumpin' Jack Flash
ENCORE
- You Can't Always Get What You Want
- It's Only Rock 'N' Roll

---
ROLLING STONES
Last night, Rogers Centre
Sun Rating: 4 out of 5
http://www.torontosun.com/Entertainment/Music/2005/09/27/pf-1237123.html
September 27th, 2005 05:07 AM
luxury1 Oh, I like this set list. Dead Flowers. Love the Stones with a country flavor. I never get sick of this one, the acoustic guitars....
September 27th, 2005 08:10 AM
marko Dead Flowers is great.But why not far away eyes,not complaining,but dead flowers gets played more.
September 27th, 2005 08:49 AM
corgi37 I second that. Faraway Eyes would be something really special. Maybe for a smaller gig though.
September 27th, 2005 09:07 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I second that. Faraway Eyes would be something really special. Maybe for a smaller gig though.

Mick can never remember all its words I'm afraid, so no chance anymore.
September 27th, 2005 10:15 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Mick can never remember all its words I'm afraid, so no chance anymore.

well as long they play it in a stadium, he has a tele prompter somwhere
September 27th, 2005 10:16 AM
Saint Sway Hey Mick,

Liza Minelli called.

She wants her jacket back.
September 27th, 2005 12:07 PM
telecaster
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Hey Mick,

Liza Minelli called.

She wants her jacket back.

But I supposse it would look just FANTASTIC on Chris Robinson
September 27th, 2005 01:10 PM
jb a crowd over 40k.....many empties in the 500 level.......as the capacity for this show was 15k ....
[Edited by jb]
September 27th, 2005 02:21 PM
Mr Jimmy I had a fun time last night... sitting (dancing) in the front row is great because you can sing (yell) and you don't have to worry about annoying someone in front of you...only those moronic security gaurds. The downside was that every time I raised my camera to take a shot, they would tell me to put the camera away or they'd take it away. At one point, an older grand puba type of guy with a head set walked over to me and told me that I had already been warned and said absolutely no more photos. The people 10 rows back were taking photos all night but I guess I just looked so obvious so they had to make a point of keeping the front row clean. The worst part was when Mick or Keith would be standing right in front of me the security guard would look at me and motion to put the camera down.

Anyway... I did manage to sneak a few photos, so I hope you enjoy them:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

September 27th, 2005 02:24 PM
Gazza great pics - cheers

That one of Keith is pretty spooky!
September 27th, 2005 02:28 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
telecaster wrote:

But I supposse it would look just FANTASTIC on Chris Robinson

ha! ha! I think he already swiped it...

http://usera.imagecave.com/system/showpicture.asp?u=aazaleaa&p=chrisjacket3.jpg&a=Dallas

that jacket is almost as bad - he just needs to sprinkle some glitter on it and crop the bottom so its a half cut and he'll be as "glamorous" as Mick
September 27th, 2005 03:33 PM
nankerphelge Wow Jimmy!

That one pic of Keith looks like he's gonna come over and get your camera!!!

Nice shots -- thanks for nearly sacrificing your camera!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)