ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Sue the good one... from Seattle
© 2005 Kevin Mazur with thanks to Sue!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rogers Center, Toronto, ON--26th September-Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
September 27th, 2005 04:52 PM
charlotte Good job Jimmy!!! Excellent pics! Thanks!!
September 27th, 2005 04:55 PM
gimmekeef Well sounds like I'm first with a review?.Just got back to Atlanta from Toronto.Toof 4 virgin Stones folks and they are raving about how great the show was.Best they ever saw etc.This was my 24th show since 72 and unfortunately cant rank it in top 10.Had 2nd row Keith side stage right.Just had hopes up after Columbus that we were to see some more changes.Wont do a song by song but highlights were:
*Dead Flowers,Ruby Tuesday, ONNYA and Ronnie seemed on his game
For me the show sagged in the middle.Keiths songs follwed by Miss You then the B stage being so far back from 2nd row just killed the mood.They need to ditch Miss You and use Ruby Tuesday as the launch to B stage song.The folks near the back loved the B stage but they need to put it up on the Jumbotron so those up front can see whats going on back there.Keith and Charlie seemed very laid back and although played well there was not that special something to kick it up a notch.Still a great show according to those I went with but for me not top 10 material.Hopefully Atlanta arena on a Saturday versus Monday will be better.And c'mon guys lets get more new songs in there!
September 27th, 2005 09:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Pics sent by Sweetthing and also posted at http://rocksoff.org/foro

A bigger bang:

End:

Firworks detail:

Setlist sent by Lisa Fischer

September 27th, 2005 09:51 PM
throbby >That one of Keith is pretty spooky!

That's the look you don't want from Keith with a camera in your hand.

Great shots Mr Jimmy, the fans on the boards deserve a little glimpse now and then. Lord knows RS.com isn't posting much for its paying customers. I guess it's up to us camera snipers to bag a few.
September 27th, 2005 09:53 PM
Lazy Bones What do you do when security can't remove someone from the crowd? Bring in the police!

I'd have to say that was one of the evening's highlights for me - when the 4 guys in front of us started letting fists fly. During what song do you ask? "Out Of Control"! No shit.

My trip and seating compadres included my dad (my concert buddy!), Toronto Tom and his wife Kathleen.

We arrived in Toronto around 4:15. Parked near the Rogers Centre and took a cab to the Hard Rock which was where people - mostly Shidoobees - were gathering for the pre-show gala. Luckily, the 2nd floor is a small "club" - Club 279, and because the main floor was so busy, they shuffled "our" crowd to the 2nd floor. Much better for sitting, eating and plenty of room to mingle.

Met many Shidoobees for the first time - and many who I met in Detroit in '02. Of course we're all like one big family.

So there I am, eating my Hard Rock cheeseburger and fries accompanied by an ice-cold bottle of Heineken (cheers, Egon!) when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn, and Rogerriffin is staring down at me! Miss Tzonistac and two others, sorry, I forget your names, were also there. So I made my way over to introduce myself. Representatives Mexico would be proud of!

I laughed when I asked Roger what he thought of Toronto/Canada...he said one word - brief and crisp - "girls".

It was a pleasure meeting you, Roger!

The Hard Rock had free shuttles leaving at 6:00, 7:00 and 7:30 to the Rogers Centre. With time to spare, we decided to walk the 20-minute trip instead. Monitor some of those fine Canadian girls...

We arrived to heavy lineups with metal detectors. I missed half of Beck's performance while standing in line for my over-priced Stones merchandise. Programs have great pics and t-shirts were of fine variety. Visually, it looked sold out. You couldn't see empty seats. Among the crowd, I spotted Gordon Lightfoot who received some hellos and handshakes as he made his way through the crowd to his floor seats.

Nothing better than the instant shiver you get when the lights go down and the crowd makes it's introductory roar! I loved the introduction video as it reminisces through tours of the past. Images and flashbacks do wonders for creating energetic impulses - like a teasing feather. It was very...stimulating!

Highlights were Dead Flowers, Bitch, Night Time and the b-stage. Dead Flowers hadn't been done since the Phoenix. A nice version. Night time had Lisa written all over it. Very sexual. Very mystic. Very good! I was a little surprised to see Ruby Tuesday as they played it at the SARS show. It, however, was very good. Mick and Keith's harmony during the chorus was excellent. The b-stage is simply exilarating. Playing on the stage while it moves brings a totally different perspective. It acts as an crescendo of energy until the stage comes to rest.

All-in-all, though, it was a good show. The sound was excellent. Can't say a stadium has produced ringing ears for me before, but when I got home at 2:30 after a few post-show drinks at Stones Place, my ears were still ringing.

One thing that always upsets me after a Stones show - and I did it again last night - was turn and look at the stage while exiting the venue and think to myself, "was this the last time?"

September 27th, 2005 10:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Great review Lazy Bones

here we have three great pix sent by John Wood

September 27th, 2005 10:53 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl So you met the dirty dozen!! Great
September 27th, 2005 10:59 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
I laughed when I asked Roger what he thought of Toronto/Canada...he said one word - brief and crisp - "girls".

He said one word to me and that was GIRLS
September 28th, 2005 01:29 AM
corgi37 Simply fantastic shots!
September 28th, 2005 07:05 AM
J.J.Flash Dead Flowers and Bitch!?!?!? Holy Moly!
September 28th, 2005 08:19 AM
egon great review Lazy.
especially like those little details
September 28th, 2005 08:52 AM
corgi37 I'm just spewing that if they do tour here, they wont be bringing the big show. Man, that would spin alot of people out!
September 28th, 2005 10:37 AM
mickmask Jimmy...those were fantastic pics!
I took some with a cameraphone down at the end of the left ramp...hope they come out ok...will post in a few days.
ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE SHOW!

mm.
September 28th, 2005 11:01 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Some pix of the Mexican Dirty Dozen, Bernard asked Cleik to have a photo together, he speaks a good Spanish!! He said "Quiero una foto contigo, ahora una contigo" and told them he loves Mexico a lot and can't wait to rock here again.

According to the reports at http://rocksoff.org/foro a non-mexican girl was trying to appear in the photo an Bernard himself asked her to move

September 28th, 2005 06:57 PM
gypsy

Photos courtesy of Zuma Press
September 28th, 2005 09:42 PM
orphie99 To the girl who sat in the front row. I'm sorry they were so strict with you about you're camara. Good for you with the pics that you got, they are great. Wasnt it a fabulous nite for all of us, what an experience it was. I wssnt on the floor as close as you where but i tried to get some pics but the mostly came out blurry. but i'll alwasys have the memories of that nite.
September 28th, 2005 11:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Great shotsn Gypsy as always

September 28th, 2005 11:43 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Guess who is with the DD?

September 29th, 2005 12:37 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

September 29th, 2005 01:37 AM
rogerriffin
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Guess who is with the DD?

A great Rocksoffer!!! Nice to meet you too Lazybones, was fantastic talking with you in Monday, only no-mexican that i saw with Rocksoff t-shirt!!!

Hope that not been the Last Time.
September 29th, 2005 12:53 PM
throbby Really nice shots of you guys with Bernard. One of the best photos I've seen of Bernard.
[Edited by throbby]
September 29th, 2005 05:01 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Rogerriffin', Bernard and Tzonistac

September 30th, 2005 10:28 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Pix sent by Cleik from http://rocksoff.org/foro

September 30th, 2005 10:29 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

October 2nd, 2005 09:14 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
rogerriffin wrote:

A great Rocksoffer!!! Nice to meet you too Lazybones, was fantastic talking with you in Monday, only no-mexican that i saw with Rocksoff t-shirt!!!

Hope that not been the Last Time.

Likewise, Roger! Thanks for introducing yourself. I trust you enjoyed the show, Stones Place and Toronto.

I missed you at Stones Place after the show, however. We only stayed for a couple drinks. It hadn't really gotten busy after being there over an hour after the show so we left.
October 2nd, 2005 09:16 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Rogerriffin', Bernard and Tzonistac

...and Lisa Miller (from Buffalo) behind Roger in the jeans and blue blouse...
October 3rd, 2005 02:44 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl A wild bunch from Rocks Off, Shidoobeeland and IORR

October 3rd, 2005 04:10 PM
scratched
quote:

I love this, look at the 'Tempo' column for 'The Worst' - Keith sets his own tempo!
October 5th, 2005 08:14 AM
Lavendar WOW WOW WOW What a SWEET Way to Re-Live A Concert!!!!!
Thank You SOooo Much For the BUUtiful Photos!! Thanks Sweetthing - Cleik - and Mr. Jimmy!!! {Front WOW}
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)