ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Giant Stadium, Spetember 28, 2002 by Mark Fisher

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ROSELAND SETLIST Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-01-02 12:12 AM
Gimme Shelter Set list:
Start Me Up - You Got Me Rocking - All Down The Line - Hand Of Fate - Sweet Virginia - She Smiled Sweetly - Neighbors - Dance - Everybody Needs Somebody To Love - That's How Strong My Love Is - Going To A Go-Go - Ain't Too Proud To Beg - You Don't Have To Mean It - Before They Make Me Run - Midnight Rambler - Rock Me Baby - Stray Cat Blues - Can't You Hear Me Knockin' - Honky Tonk Women - Brown Sugar - Jumping Jack Flash

10-01-02 12:37 AM
Rescued In-freaking-credible! They got "Midnight Rambler", "Stray Cat Blues", and "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" all in the same night! Plus all those other nuggets. What a beautiful Buzz!
10-01-02 12:47 AM
Jaxx thanks to spiked tongue for calling tonight. nail biter on monday football.....

setlist is accurate. would like to add that Johnny Lang played on Rock Me Baby. he also stated it was a fantastic show.

you lucky bastards!
10-01-02 01:43 AM
sirmoonie Can't really describe it right now, other than Stones in a theater. Ahhhhhhhhhh.....

Hand of Fate was when it realy started cooking. You can hear Jones so much more in the theater, he was incredible on the funkier bits. Just rocking the place. Thank god Wyman left.

She Smiled Sweetly came out of nowhere. Mick seemed hesitant to do it and almost seemed to be trying too hard to get the crowd into it. It was pretty good, but I'll bet they don't bring it out again.

I think it really was Dance Pt. 2 this time. I didn't recognize the first verse. That song rocked! Again Jones was just blasting the place, and Mick was really getting into it. Great show tune!

Mick kept calling the bit from Everybody Needs to Ain't Too Proud, the "blues theme for the evening" or similar words. All were well done. Actually when they came back with Rock Me baby, is when Mick said something about keeping with the blues theme. Lang did play on it. He is good/great as we all know. I didn't really care what he was doing, I just thought he was the luckiest sonofabitch that ever lived.

Strange they trackled Before They Make Me Run again. It seemed like there were plenty of mistakes again, but the crowd was so into it, it didn't matter.

Nothing really stuck out at me at the end as just brilliant. It was all great though. All of it. Hand of Fate, Dance, and Go-Go being my faves for some reason, even though it was "blues" night.

Band goofing around a lot on stage. Looked like they were having fun.
10-01-02 02:03 AM
Moonisup ohh man what a great list is THAT!!!

RIK
10-01-02 02:43 AM
keefnmick Roseland kicked ass. . . She smiled sweetly rocked. . . Mick and the boys were tight!!!
10-01-02 04:27 AM
Child of the Moon I really don't know how much more excited I can get, but now that She Smiled Sweetly is out of the bag... well, let's just say that's one of my favorite songs by anyone, EVER.

I love this band. I really do.
10-01-02 07:34 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy No you don't have to mean it....

Yesssssssssssssssssssss!

-tSYX --- You just gotta say it anyway...
10-01-02 07:34 AM
Factory Girl What an AWESOME setlist!! They should try the same setlist at Fed Ex stadium. But, they won't...
10-01-02 07:44 AM
Maxlugar This is the best setlist I have ever seen!

My God where the people that got in lucky!

Hey Moonie, it's funny how two people can see things different. Some guy over at Stonesdoug said She Smiled Sweetly was incredible. He said the place erupted. I love that song.

Did anyone notice if they were filing it? I gotta see this.

10-01-02 07:53 AM
mattb I don't like Darryl's playing. He plays more of a jazz style than rock or blues. He's off in the timing, rhythm and mix more often than not.
10-01-02 09:27 AM
Riffhard I have now become a green eyed monster! I am so damned envious of all those lucky bastards that saw that show. I get this vision,like a Michelangelo painting,of God handing down that setlist to the Glimmertwins. I would have been caried out on a stretcher had I been there. I mean I might have really had a heart attack! Hand Of Fate?!She Smiled Sweetly!?What?! That's How Strong My Love Is?! Everybody Needs Somebody To Love?!

Where's my nitro glycerine pills?!

Riffhard
10-01-02 10:27 AM
T&A Ok, Keith Richards, here's the deal:

If Jagger got to do She Smiled Sweetly at Roseland, then you get to play Flight 505 at Wiltern. I'm counting on it. Now, do it, damn it!
10-01-02 01:43 PM
stonesmik
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Thank god Wyman left.

You're strayin' a bit too far, moonie. Nothing against Billie. Listen that man played for me, Oslo 1990, I was there on "Tumbling dice", I knew the guy was playin that rock bass just for me, there was only bass in the night, I was bass, and I do admit I had smoked little something before but hell I tellya, its' rarely said, just for these holy moments Bill Wyman was God!

Does however someone remember at the same concert Ronnie was playing quite a bit of the Beatles' "Norwegian Wood"? (to the Americans: Oslo is in Norway)

Oslo was God! Oslo so good! Whole town in Stonesmania! Oh god and how stoned I was, great, just phuckin fantastic!
10-01-02 02:12 PM
Moonisup God PARADISO should have that setlist!!

rik

The wooden shoe

Me I'm waiting so patiently lying on the floor

10-01-02 04:37 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Hand of Fate was when it realy started cooking. You can hear Jones so much more in the theater, he was incredible on the funkier bits. Just rocking the place. Thank god Wyman left.

I don't know that I would go THAT far, but I know what you mean - it took a theater show to get me to welcome DJ into the band, too.

10-01-02 06:15 PM
Oatsdad Still coming down from this show - easily the best Stones concert of the 30 I've seen. Never seen them so wonderfully AGGRESSIVE - I thought they'd start to beat people with their guitars after a while. Still looking forward to the remaining stadium and arena shows I'll attend, but everything's gonna be a disappointment after last night...
10-01-02 06:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot I got just one thing to say.

Woof.

Funny how life is, I had the best night of my life, followed rapidly by one of the very worst mornings of my life.

I got home from the show at about 4:30am. Got about 3 hours of sleep when the phone rang. An ambulance had to take my Grandpa to the ER...he couldn't breathe. He's in the ICU on a ventilator right now. Don't know if he'll make it thru the night.

It kinda puts things into perspective, you know?

Oh, yes I did get the recorder in. The vocals were too loud. It's barely listenable. Hope someone else did a better job than I did.

I gotta get back to the hospital. I'm operating on 3 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours. I feel like I'm walking dead.
10-01-02 07:56 PM
tumblingdice Hope your grandpa pulls through ok SS,prayers and good wishes for you.
[Edited by tumblingdice]
10-01-02 08:50 PM
Rescued All the best to you and yours, Sir Stonesalot. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.
10-01-02 09:29 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
God PARADISO should have that setlist!!

Well, ACTUALLY, Paradiso should have the same setlist they had in '95, which put ALL of the theater shows this year to shame. "Two Trains", "Meet Me in the Bottom", "Connection"... and hardly ANY Hot Rocks.

If you get an extra Paradiso ticket, let me know!
10-01-02 10:08 PM
~AzQb

Good God, SS.

Please let us know how he's doing.

~
10-01-02 11:27 PM
scope Our prayers are with you SS.
10-02-02 12:00 AM
Dandelion* Hope everything is okay. FPM tried to call you earlier.
10-02-02 12:23 AM
sonicrock sorry about that stone alot take care of yourself
10-02-02 09:21 AM
Joey I will say a prayer for your Grandfather and family .

Joey
10-02-02 09:31 AM
Maxlugar Oh SS!

That sucks man.

Life with all it's highs and lows, ya know?

Well I hope he pulls though.

Big Prayers.

Maxy
10-02-02 10:00 AM
Factory Girl Wow, Sir Stonesy! Life is a brutal rollercoater with the highs and the lows. I hope your grandfather pulls through.
10-02-02 10:34 AM
parmeda SS, my friend...

To you and your family...there is a God and He is merciful.

10-02-02 11:04 AM
Sir Stonesalot OK!

Hey thanks everyone. I'm very touched by all of your kind thoughts.

Now, to the nitty gritty.

Gramps is good. He improved thru the night, and they just took him off the vent. Still not out of the woods, but at least he can now see outside of the woods from where he is.

I told him last night, "If the Japs couldn't kill you at Iwo Jima with all those fuckin' Kamikazis, this ain't gonna get you either." Ever seen an 82 year oud man with tubes down his throat laugh his ass off? Well, I hope you never do.

So, that is good news.

And now some more good news. Upon another listen, Roseland isn't as bad as I thought it was. It's not great, and the vocals are distorted, but the music is actually quite listenable. There's a couple of places where I was getting jostled by the crowd, and the disc skips a little, but for the most part it isn't really annoying.

It'll do for now. But I think we will all jump at an upgrade if it comes available.

I'll have all the shows mastered by the end of the day. If FPM ain't doing anything, I'll get him to burn some seeds for the tree. I'll make a seperate announcement for sign ups for the tree.

Again, thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers...I guess it worked.
Page: 1 2