ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Giant Stadium, Spetember 28, 2002 by Mark Fisher

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ROSELAND SETLIST Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-02-02 11:31 AM
Joey " I'll have all the shows mastered by the end of the day. If FPM ain't doing anything, I'll get him to burn some seeds for the tree. I'll make a seperate announcement for sign ups for the tree. "

Cool .....count your young Joey in !

I am so glad your gramps is doing better .....................Veterans are tough !

Joey Cong

10-02-02 02:02 PM
sirmoonie Yep, glad gramps is better, Stoney.

Still coming down from Rosie. Will write up something Pulitzer worthy if I can find time and/or brain cells.

Go to a theater show at all costs! All out, no holds barred! Scopey did the right thing going down there, even if it didn't work out. The music isn't necessarily better, but............man! I mean like........jeez! Its just........damn!! "Intimate" is the cliche word, but I can't think of another. They are just "there" and "playing" for "you."

Ahhh, may as well ramble a bit. All wound up, first day back at this ridiculous job that interrupts my ability to see more shows. Nuisancical.

Anyone with a spare Wiltern ticket, I'll give up on of my kids for them. Either one. I'd take the girl if I were you, my boy is a friggin' no-good little punk. He's gonna drive me to drinkin' that boy. But again, either one. Offer good until day of show. E-mail me if anyone has a better offer, and we'll talk some more. I might be able to knock the old lady up again or something.

Aquilante is just wrong. He has none of the Drive and never knew the Score. And his penis is the Small. First, there is no way Mick would ever be lethargic. Second, there is no way he would ever slack off with 1000 of his best friends crammed into a small room watching his every move. Lethargic.....jesus. Pick a new word, ya friggin' moof pissing channel necked twerp. You're now on my list of people to deck.

Yes, went too far on Wyman, but Jones really lit up some songs for me and got me jumping. I'm glad he's around. If you can take your eyes of the rest of the band (which is very hard to do), you can see the guy really playing some nice stuff. Whumpa, whumpa.

Did not see any formal film equipment, god I hope there was. Plenty of people in crowd filming though.

I was on Ronnie's side about 12-15 "people rows" from stage. Stack of speakers amps right there. Keith comes over (wish I could remember song, pretty sure it was Go-Go - Stoney?) leans his back against stack, bends and knee and braces a foot, then turns his head way around the stack to look at crowd. Reminded me of a snake! Riffing away, gives a couple of strange grins and nods, some odd manerisms that man has, and then winks right at me. Had to have been me. I was staring him right in his black hell death eyes when he did it. I just started laughing my ass off!

And Mick spent way more time on my side for some reason. Seemed like he was over singing to me every 20-30 seconds or so. That angry, purposeful strut the man has between songs is just too cool.

Still didn't think of much of She Smiled Sweetly. Definately no crowd eruption, many probably didn't know even know it. But, it was all great. Just nit picking.

Thats How Strong My Love Is - oooh, that came in nice. Felt like I was in a church or some place like that for some reason.

Hand of Fate is still my highlight. I think. Dance and Go-Go though, mighty fine! I swear I'm on the Stones blues side of the aisle, but the funk/disco was just incredible that night. To me. Anyone know if it was Dance Pt. 2?

Singing the verses to Sweet Virginia was just too much fucking fun, I can't......wait, here goes...... "and ahhhh hid thuh speeed insahhd muh shoooezz...." Lord have mercy!!!

Mick on the harmonica. Plenty of it.

I was absolutely wiped out after show. Never been so drained from a show in my life.

Theater shows. Several times, I caught myself just staring instead of singing and jumping up and down. You just get caught up in it at theaters. Amazing.

When Charlie got introduced, Keith did some hail prayers to him. Don't know if that was new or not.

Ronnie smacked Lisa on the ass. Nice and hard too. Just whack! Like that. Whack!

Ronnie is like a little kid. He just up there smiling and bopping around and making goofy faces to no one in particular. Its hilarious! Note: he still plays. It was funny, because he then went into some kind of coma-like zone for CYHMK. Just acting weird. But still playing....still playing....

Mick got out and did some strange moves on the mini-poopdeck. Lights shining on him like he was god. Man.

Me and Stoney looked at the 3-4 block long line to get in, said fuck it, let's drink hootch, wandered one block, and yo-yo ma, its the ole YOTI. Waitress remembered us. I asked if she loved us. She said she did indeed love us. Moral of story is for theater shows, do not waste your time waiting in line. Waste your time drinking. We must have been one of the last people in, and still got from here to there from stage [motioning]. People go in, they screw around, piss, drink, etc. Plenty of chances to get up close, especially on sides.

Sorry Scopey didn't get in. Sir Scopey is a class act, number one Stones fan. And C10A all da way.

Hard to dance in those theater shows, without bashing into people. Talk about ventilator blues too. I smoked several packs of second hand cigarettes that night.

Theater shows, theater shows, theater shows. I can see why Joey stopped seeing them anywhere else. There is nothing like it. Me and my very good lifelong friends the Rolling Stones, just grooving and loving and jamming away with each other all night long and thass allrighhhh......
10-02-02 02:10 PM
Joey " And his penis is the Small. "

You make Joey giggle .

Bunny

10-03-02 01:08 AM
Martha Thanks for letting us know how your good Grampa is doing Sir Stonesy.

Will continue to keep you and yours in my prayers.

hugs,
martha
10-03-02 09:28 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, well, thanks for the prayers...and keep em coming.

I've been at the hospital since 3am. He had another attack. Doctors are saying that they will try to "make him comfortable". In other words, he is gonna die, but they are gonna dope him up so he doesn't know shit about what is happening to him.

Needless to say, it will be a while before I can get the NYC discs finished. Sorry, but life happens sometimes.
10-03-02 10:39 PM
~AzQb

Shit, Marc.

Yer garndpa's health is faaaaar moe important than any fucking disc. Just "chin up" mate, and Know that we're with you ; )

~
10-03-02 11:42 PM
sirmoonie Aw, man....Hang in there, SS.
10-04-02 01:06 PM
kc152 Were people singing along to Sweet Virgina? What songs went over the best as far as crowd reaction?
Page: 1 2