ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: PNC Park, Pittsburgh, PA--28th September-Setlist, Photos& Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
September 29th, 2005 08:12 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Those articles really capture "it," don't they?

Can't wait ... starting to get ancy.

i am antsy, too - but i have over a month to wait the band should be firing on all cylinders during the west coast swing, though...

great to know pearl jam rocked, too - i have always thought they were a helluva band.
September 29th, 2005 09:04 AM
Jeep Other shots from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette :
On the first one, the skyline seems to be a part of the stage. Great !

September 29th, 2005 10:03 AM
Angiegirl Great pix!
September 29th, 2005 10:33 AM
NHStonesfan Stones and Patriots

2 great Performances in the Same Week!
September 29th, 2005 10:45 AM
jb Stadium attendance,..............
September 29th, 2005 11:01 AM
Saint Sway 3 tour debuts in one show!!!!! And Vedder on WH!!! Awesome!

YOU LUCKY LUCKY BASTARDS!!!!!!

that pic of the stage is ridiculous. That stage is ridiculous. So glad I've caught 2 shows w/out that montrosity!
September 29th, 2005 11:10 AM
erikjjf [quote]Saint Sway wrote:
3 tour debuts in one show!!!!!

2 actually. Rocks Off was played in St Paul.
September 29th, 2005 11:23 AM
Saint Sway hey all I know is that they're slowly starting to mix up the sets a little. Still very cookie cutter. But I'd take that set list any day. If they can continue to sneak a couple of songs in here and there and mix up the order a little its all good.
September 29th, 2005 12:45 PM
Saint Sway heres Pearl Jams set:

Go, Corduroy, Animal, Even Flow, Gimme Some Truth, Given To Fly, Daughter, Black, Betterman/(Save It For Later), Jeremy, Last Kiss, Alive, Save You, Rockin' In The Free World
September 29th, 2005 01:21 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

at the '92 MSG Dylan tribute turned my skin to chicken!

!!!!!

September 29th, 2005 01:34 PM
gimmekeef Should make for a great boot!...Pearl Jammers always seem to get good sound on their boots so maybe we can finally get a 9 or 10 sound from this tour...
September 29th, 2005 01:47 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Should make for a great boot!...Pearl Jammers always seem to get good sound on their boots so maybe we can finally get a 9 or 10 sound from this tour...

Pearl Jam is one of the coolest bands around.

They make a live cd of EVERY show instantly available to all their fans. And the recordings are mint.

they also reserve tix within the 1st ten rows for all members of their fan club.

Tix to all shows are available directly thru their fan club.

And they refuse to charge a kings ransom for tix.

PJ hooks their fans up

and the fan club doesnt cost $100

theres something to be said about bands that truly get off on playing live and look after the fans that want to come out and support them

its refreshing. And it just makes money grubbing bands like the Stones that continue to rape their fans bank accounts look like the Enron crooks of the music industry.
September 29th, 2005 03:15 PM
nankerphelge Alright, I backed you on the vanilla set lists -- but now you are being a dick!
September 29th, 2005 03:34 PM
TomL The boys were on fire again. Saw bonstones on the street, and the couple from Austra, they are getting around.We picked up on ON STAGE tix then were taken to a holding area with a bar and live feed for Pearl Jam. While waiting got to see buckeyedave, lena, SV, JF1 and Cathy(thanks for the trinket). Nice to see Rob and JMI at Hi- Tops. They formed us into two lines, stage left and right, we were on Kieths side. Very disorganized, they walked us around in circles when Pearl Jam was over. While waiting we got to see Mario Lemix( He actuly sat two boxes from us). Straycatdave makes me laugh, he tells him Greskey sucked you were the best. We finnaly get marched up to our box and we are ready. Right before the show some people were bitching, our box was overbooked(should be 10 to a box, we had 14 or so). So Dave bitched a little and the lady wanted no problems.

Lights go down and the band comes on. She told us she would take us down to the floor, we said ok at the middle of SMU. We march back stage thru the buffer area and onto the floor. She takes us to the 15th row dead center. Great seats. Wat to go Dave.

Ronnie was on fire. Wild Horses was a treat sang with the lead singer of Pearl Jam. So was Rocks Off, I could here that ever other show. Again every song was pretty tight. I got goose bumps when the did Off My cloud on the B. Shivers ran through me. Nanky and paula you were missed.

Mick was going pretty nuts last night. Hope I can move like that 13 years from now. All and all a good show and a perfect night. Thanks Dave.

See everyone in Hershey.................
September 29th, 2005 03:40 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Alright, I backed you on the vanilla set lists -- but now you are being a dick!

I couldnt of possibly written anything that you honestly disagree with.

Pear Jam's Ten Club is awesome - possiblly the best fan club of any band.

the Stones $100 "fan club" is a joke. Nothing more than added on, exhorbatant ticket fee. Its down right criminal.
[Edited by Saint Sway]
September 29th, 2005 04:05 PM
sirmoonie The Stones dig Pittsburgh.

Everybody who is anybody digs Pittsburgh.

Chicks dig guys from Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh - City of Champions.
September 29th, 2005 04:09 PM
nankerphelge "I couldnt of possibly written anything that you honestly disagree with."

I didn't disagree with anything you said.
I'm just getting tired of the slagging.

Everyone else was tired of it long ago!
September 29th, 2005 06:23 PM
FPM C10 The Stones DO love Pittsburgh. Their NS show in '99 was one of the best I've ever seen in the 30 years I've been going to see them.

Here's a picture my buddy Fet took last night.

September 29th, 2005 07:23 PM
winter
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Pittsburgh - City of Champions.

Pittsburgh - practice grounds of the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots!

September 29th, 2005 08:29 PM
TomL Did anyone catch this.....

After ONNYA on the B Mick said were gonna do one we don't do to often. Ronnie broke out about 7 notes of starfucker and Mick said......NO NOT THAT ONE, then they went into Off My cloud. So I hope it's in the works soon. Last time I heard that was Syaracuse March 98, the twice rescheduled show.
September 29th, 2005 08:30 PM
TomL that was during Wild horses FBPM.
September 29th, 2005 08:33 PM
TomL Wild horses was superb to the mathews version.
September 29th, 2005 10:05 PM
jb Pitt is not a town for gucci loafer, chadanay sipping, yuppies like me. It is a city for real men, who are tuff,tuff, tuff, tuff, tuff.........
September 29th, 2005 10:47 PM
FPM C10
quote:
TomL wrote:
...Syracuse March 98, the twice rescheduled show.

I took a ton of photos of that show.
September 30th, 2005 12:32 AM
Brainbell Jangler Again, a fantastic show by all accounts. But what's with this bitching about parking prices? Why would anyone drive to a Stones show? If you're in any condition to drive after seeing the Stones, you've wasted a ticket.
September 30th, 2005 01:17 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:
Pitt is not a town for gucci loafer, chadanay sipping, yuppies like me. It is a city for real men, who are tuff,tuff, tuff, tuff, tuff.........

Thats right, thats the way it is. In the 'Burgh, its
September 30th, 2005 07:59 AM
Jeep From WTAE channel a little report with a footage where Eddie Vedder performs Wild Horses with the band :

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/video/5034870/detail.html
September 30th, 2005 09:12 AM
Gimme Shelter Cool, thanks for posting.
September 30th, 2005 10:11 AM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
The Stones DO love Pittsburgh. Their NS show in '99 was one of the best I've ever seen in the 30 years I've been going to see them.

Here's a picture my buddy Fet took last night.

GREAT PIC, seems to be the only one i can find with Eddie in it... great show to be at...can't ask for anything else out of a Stadium show...on to Hershey tomorrow!
September 30th, 2005 11:59 AM
monkey_man
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Again, a fantastic show by all accounts. But what's with this bitching about parking prices? Why would anyone drive to a Stones show? If you're in any condition to drive after seeing the Stones, you've wasted a ticket.

Never have truer words been said!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)