ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: PNC Park, Pittsburgh, PA--28th September-Setlist, Photos& Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
September 28th, 2005 10:48 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Paint It Black AND Get Off My Cloud.

Amazing...just amazing.

LJ.

THE set list of the tour thus far for sure!!

Riffy
September 28th, 2005 10:53 PM
LadyJane If they throw Satisfaction in....THUD!!!!!!

LJ.
September 28th, 2005 10:55 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
If they throw Satisfaction in....THUD!!!!!!

LJ.

And confetti too! THUD!!!
September 28th, 2005 10:55 PM
LadyJane
T

H

U

D

September 28th, 2005 10:56 PM
Madafaka Get Off Of My Cloud in B-stage is the best of the best!
September 28th, 2005 10:57 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

T

H

U

D

Did I mention that I have Bon Jovi's Greatest Hits within arm's length? Because I do.

Riffy
September 28th, 2005 10:57 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

T

H

U

D

Awesome... Totally AWESOME!
[Edited by pdog]
September 28th, 2005 10:58 PM
PartyDoll MEG I can't get nooooooo- SATISFACTION, but I tried and I tried and I tried...........
FPM C10 JESUS...now what?

Riffhard
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
JESUS...now what?

Sittin' On A Fence!

That's my bet!

Riffy
September 28th, 2005 10:59 PM
pdog
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
I can't get nooooooo- SATISFACTION, but I tried and I tried and I tried...........

is it over? No Brown Sugar !!!
That's like a sundae with no cherry on top!
September 28th, 2005 11:01 PM
PartyDoll MEG Good nite sweet FPM, chicken skin and all!! Its been fun Stones friends but it is night nite for me!!!!XOXOXO

I FRICKEN CAN'T TYPE!!!
[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
September 28th, 2005 11:03 PM
Riffhard No I'm sure that Brown Sugar will close it out. What a show!

Riffy
September 28th, 2005 11:10 PM
LadyJane Closing with Satisfaction feels just right.

This is one to be savored.....great night....greatest Band.

LJ.
September 28th, 2005 11:13 PM
PartyDoll MEG Hey we got Brown Sugar, Now everyone should be completely SATISFIED!! Nite
September 28th, 2005 11:14 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Closing with Satisfaction feels just right.

This is one to be savored.....great night....greatest Band.

LJ.

True dat LJ,but that makes only 20 tunes. Seems that Brown Sugar would have been the encore,no? Great setlist,but correct me if I'm wrong,isn't this the shortest one thus far?

Riffy
September 28th, 2005 11:16 PM
Riffhard There we go. Now it all makes sense. Fuck you to all who were there!

Riffy
September 28th, 2005 11:17 PM
LadyJane You were right Riffy.....

What a show.......I've run out of any words to type.

Night all...it's been a real pleasure!!!!!!!!

LJ.
September 28th, 2005 11:19 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
You were right Riffy.....

LJ.

I just talked to 2000 Man. He said the show was great, the crowd rocked out ect... He'll post his comments in a day or so, when he sobers up and gets home to Cleveland!
September 28th, 2005 11:19 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
You were right Riffy.....

LJ.

Before you go I want you to know that I'm gonna play "Wanted Dead or Alive" just for you! You're welcome! Goodnight hugs and kisses,and all that shit!

Riffy
September 28th, 2005 11:54 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Very nice set!
September 29th, 2005 12:38 AM
HardKnoxDurtySox Just got back...great show!! GOMC on the b-stage was great but PIB was definately the show-stopper for me. Was hopin to get the Marley-Tosh cover but Night Time was excellent: probably second best song of the show actually.
September 29th, 2005 12:59 AM
corgi37 I'm very happy for you (crunches fists. Jealousy rising. Resentment level increasing).
September 29th, 2005 01:58 AM
Brainbell Jangler Wow! The boys continue to do honor to rock's greatest body of work. This tour is a triumph already and it's only been a month. How many more surprises are in store?
September 29th, 2005 02:28 AM
WheelingWV First-timer here... Outstanding show this evening in Pittsburgh. Mick and the boys still have it! (No big surprise there, right?) Wish I could do it all over again... What a performance! I've been to probably 50 Pirate games at PNC Park, but have NEVER had as much fun there as the wife and I did tonight! Rock on, Stones fans! ...Mark
September 29th, 2005 03:07 AM
Jeep From the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette :

Rolling Stones rock their fans inside and out PNC Park
By Gabrielle Banks and Ed Masley, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Thursday, September 29, 2005

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05272/579713.stm

While top-dollar ticket holders awaited the arrival of the Rolling Stones last night inside a packed PNC Park, another party got going on the streets and sidewalks and riverbanks outside the stadium, among hundreds of Stones fans who did not pay a penny for the privilege.

Rock fans without tickets spread picnics on the sloping lawns outside the outfield stands and sipped beers stretched out on yoga mats on the Clemente Bridge. The guitar strains of the Stones and Pearl Jam, the opening act, carried across the rivers and could be heard as far away as Mount Washington.

More than 100 boats anchored on the Allegheny River by the stadium, including a group of about 20 children and two chaperones who paddled up in a canoe.

The Rolling Stones came in promising "A Bigger Bang," and that's exactly what they delivered in a performance that kicked off with fireworks, outer-space video images and flames shooting out of the floor as the band tore into "Start Me Up."

They stayed in trashy rock mode for the first few songs -- "You Got Me Rocking," "She's So Cold" and "Tumbling Dice" -- as Mick Jagger worked the crowd in gold lame, looking sharp and moving like a frontman half his age -- assuming any frontman half his age could hope to move that way.

And when they reached into "A Bigger Bang," their most exciting new release in more than 20 years, for a raucous "Rough Justice," they rocked even harder, displaying a youthful abandon that flew in the face of those premature rumblings about the band's advancing years.

Sam Amata was glad he drove in for the show from Cleveland, even though he'd seen the band Saturday night in Columbus.

"You never know when they're gonna come back intact," he said. "Or at all."

"They inspire me, seeing them running and jumping around like that. It makes me think it might not be so bad when I hit that age," said Amata, 52.

"What's old? I plan to rock 'n' roll until they put the lid down," said Patti Fine, who was 13 when she saw her first Stones concert in 1964. "Look at this place. There's young. There's old. There's middle-aged. They're obviously doing something right."

That something right included dusting off "Paint It Black;" inviting Pearl Jam lead singer Eddie Vedder back to join in on "Wild Horses;" a suitably raucous performance of "Rocks Off" and spirited takes on such overplayed staples as "Sympathy for the Devil," "You Can't Always Get What You Want," "It's Only Rock and Roll (But I Like It)," "Jumpin Jack Flash" and "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction." Midway through the set, they rolled a portion of the stage out to the middle of the crowd for "Miss You," another great new rocker called "Oh No Not You Again," "Get Off My Cloud" and "Honky Tonk Women" as a giant inflatable tongue with flowers on it stood in for the band on stage.

This being a stadium show, they brought along a huge production, including two metallic columns of balconies flanking the stage where fans could pay a premium to look down on the show from a really strange angle. But they could have done the same set on an empty stage without detracting from the entertainment value.

Like Pearl Jam's set, for example. Strolling on stage with a bottle of red wine, Vedder told the crowd, "I guess it's our job to get you guys in the mood." But judging from the crowd reaction, Pearl Jam's spot on the bill was far from your typical opening-for-the-Stones scenario.

They had people standing and singing along for almost their entire 60-minute set, a scissor-kicking explosion of punkish abandon and guitar heroics that featured impassioned performances of such modern rock radio staples as "Better Man," "Daughter," "Jeremy" and "Evenflow," which emerged as an epic behind-the-head guitar jam.

And if Vedder's heart was more invested in the newer songs, you never would have known from the intensity he poured into "Alive" and "Jeremy," which he followed by joking, "All right, here's another teen death song for you" as a setup for the band's hit version of the doo-wop classic "Last Kiss."

Other covers ranged from "Rockin' in the Free World" to John Lennon's Nixon-era blast at uptight politicians, "Gimme Some Truth."

So yeah, they did their job. In fact, it's hard to picture many bands that could've followed their opening set. But we're talking the Stones here. Jagger may be looking older than he did in 1964, but the Stones are still working the stadium circuit for a reason. And it goes beyond their alarmingly youthful frontman. Charlie Watts remains the greatest argument for understated drumming in a rock 'n' roll band, while the other "frontmen," Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards, did exactly what a Stones fan would have wanted them to do on lead guitar, trashing their way through countless variations on those old Chuck Berry licks with Richards tearing it up in particularly raucous fashion on "It's Only Rock and Roll."

"If they lost anything, I don't notice it, because I've lost more," Amata said.

Outside the stadium, Greg Joyce had organized 27 friends and three dogs from the All-States Marina in Glenfield to help celebrate his 46th birthday. Sitting barefoot on a bar stool on the Riverwalk and sipping a beer, Joyce explained that he took a half-day off work to land a choice spot for his house boat.

Perched atop a stairway to the Riverwalk, Erika May, a recent Carnegie Mellon University graduate, strummed Stones and Pearl Jam tunes on a steel-stringed guitar and even made a little money for her efforts.

Although they were outside the big event, many of the Stones fans said they had planned to attend the concert this way since it was first announced.

"Two hundred bucks for a ticket? They've got to be out of their minds," said Jack Fossett.
September 29th, 2005 03:11 AM
Jeep From thePittsburgh Tribune Review :

Stones fans get what they need
By Mike Wereschagin
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, September 29, 2005

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/trib/regional/s_379013.html

Sure, many in the crowd were, well, older. A few fans, wearing shirts festooned with disembodied red mouths, meandered around PNC Park with the aid of canes and walkers.
But as Mick Jagger himself says, "We all need someone we can lean on."

The North Shore swelled Wednesday afternoon with thousands of Rolling Stones fans of varying ages and social classes. New BMWs and rusted vans packed parking lots, where parties began mid-afternoon. Sidewalks teemed with teenagers and people who looked old enough to be Keith Richards.

For a few hours, they acted as if they were all about the same age.

"We've been Rolling Stones fans since we were 12," said Cindy Glass, 53.

"And we're even wearing purple underwear," said her friend, Lorena Knott, 50. They and a third companion, Margaret Komorek, 63, drove from Sharon, Mercer County, for the show.

Pearl Jam opened for the Stones, drawing hordes of young fans to a show headlined by rockers old enough to be grandfathers. Most college-age concert-goers could afford only the cheap seats, though. Ticket prices ranged from $75 to more than $400.

"We're in the peanut section," said Shauna Cortazzo, 23, of Irwin. "We're going to rock out in peanut heaven."

About 10 years before Cortazzo was born, Bill Coleman went to his first Rolling Stones concert in Pittsburgh.

"I think it cost me $15," said Coleman, of Imperial. Yesterday, only infants' T-shirts sold for that little. "It's not the ticket price that bothers me, though. It's the parking."

The price of concert parking raised more than a few eyebrows, especially the $50 fee charged at a lot across from PNC Park.

Because Coleman, 54, came in a massive motor home, he paid for four spaces -- $200, just to park.

"It's unbelievable," said Tony Bianco, 34, while standing outside his brother's 1980 Volkswagen Vanagon parked in the same lot. The pair took the VW, festooned with dancing bear stickers of Grateful Dead fans, from their homes near Sharon. By the time they arrived -- about six hours early, in order to make chili before the show -- they'd already shelled out $275 each for their tickets.

"We're both married with kids. So we figured, what the hell," Bianco said of the high-priced day, as speakers balanced atop the van's sliding side door sent Stones songs rolling across the parking lot. The two have been Rolling Stones fans since childhood, said Bianco, a financial planner in Hermitage.

It wasn't just parking companies who've taken notice of the deepening pockets of some Stones fans. Eckert Seamans set up a white tent in one corner of the VIP lot where its clients could mingle around tall tables with rose-bouquet centerpieces. Mercedes Benz used the tour to promote its new R-Class vehicle, which looks like a cross between a mini-van and a sedan, that is set to go on sale in March.

Drivers didn't have to go far to find better rates than those at the VIP parking lot. Other stadium lots were priced at $25, while spaces at Allegheny Center were $20. The best deal might have been at the Pittsburgh Parking Authority garage just across the Clemente Bridge at Fort Duquesne Boulevard and Sixth Street, Downtown. Customers paid a flat $5 for the night.

"There's a choice for everybody, but if you want to be right next to PNC Park, you're going to pay the most," said Merrill Stabile, president of Alco Parking Corp. Steelers fans with season parking leases pay $30 a game to park in some North Shore lots.

Undercover city narcotics detectives were busy roaming the parking lots before the concert watching for signs of illegal drug activity.

Seven people were arrested on charges such as drug possession and possession with intent to deliver narcotics, city police Lt. Robert Roth said.

Officers confiscated cocaine, heroin, LSD and drug-laced mushrooms from the seven, Roth said.

For those who might wonder why someone would shell out hundreds of dollars for a few hours of loud music, concert-goers who parked next to the stadium scrawled an answer in soap on a mini-van's windows:

"It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it."
September 29th, 2005 05:51 AM
the worst kinda guy that's the reason i won't attend a show. the ticket prices are way too high. someone with a motor home paid 200.00 just to park ? nothing more than a ripoff as far as im concerned.
if you have the money to attend shows , enjoy. i have the money but won't pay high prices.
September 29th, 2005 05:54 AM
Poplar
Those articles really capture "it," don't they?

Can't wait ... starting to get ancy.

September 29th, 2005 05:55 AM
Flairville Get off my cloud, Wild Horses and Paint It Black! Whoever was there last night got a great set!! Can't wait for the boot. Just need Keith to do Can't Be Seen and This Place Is Empty
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)