ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Monumental Plaza de Toros, Barcelona, España 11 de junio de 1976
© 1976 Alma María Rico - Dedicado a Montana!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick & Keith in Paris - now Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 27th, 2004 02:52 PM
Monkey Woman Alas, no. Can't get the time.
September 27th, 2004 06:19 PM
Saint Sway if they are really in Paris than I say we go there, kidnap them and lock them in Villa Nellcote and tell them they cant come out until they write a kick ass rock and roll record filled with plenty of blooze, honkytonk cunt-ry and soul.
September 27th, 2004 07:44 PM
Soldatti I think that is one of the first times in the Stones history I don't know what kind of record they will do, really.
I'm a little scared to be honest, but I only pray for no modern and futurist stuff again.
September 28th, 2004 01:56 PM
gotdablouse Let's not get ahead of ourselves ;-)
Don't get me wrong Gazza, I was only being a bit ironic about Doug's sources and reminding others that his last "coup" was that 2003 album...
September 28th, 2004 02:12 PM
tumbling dice Maybe they still waiting for Charlie but they recorded alot in 2002 and maybe on tour.In my point of view Mick and Keith are working on new songs and after that they will record again with the whole band.
September 28th, 2004 02:16 PM
glencar Any word on the truth of this rumor? The Stones are certainly issuing a lot of product right now.
September 28th, 2004 07:40 PM
Soldatti Thanks to gangstersmoll from UC

...and Keith went to Paris to discuss or work on a new album. I've now heard that they have gone to or are going to London this week to discuss a new album deal with Virgin. The outcome should give some clues as to whether or not a tour is on the horizon. I'd guess a new record deal equals a new tour. At any rate Mick and Keith got together in Paris and are working towards new material and a possible tour.
September 28th, 2004 07:50 PM
Gazza >I've now heard that they have gone to or are going to London this week to discuss a new album deal with Virgin. The outcome should give some clues as to whether or not a tour is on the horizon. I'd guess a new record deal equals a new tour.

that makes absolutely no sense. The Stones still have one studio album left in their contract with Virgin, so its not like they need to get a contract with someone to distribute their next album. They already have one.
September 28th, 2004 09:27 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The Stones still have one studio album left in their contract with Virgin, so its not like they need to get a contract with someone to distribute their next album. They already have one.

I don't know, the contract was for 3 studio albums but I think that is a deal done. Since 1993 they had: Jump Back, Voodoo Lounge, Stripped, Bridges To Babylon, No Security, half of Forty Licks including the new songs and now Live Licks.
Six records is a deal done for me, more than 10 years ago from that. I think that they will do another contract.
BTW Mick realesed one solo album with Virgin and this Soundtrack of Alfie too...
September 28th, 2004 10:16 PM
monkeyman62 cmon boys lets get it on, its time for another start me up type single, we havent had a smash hit since 81 lets face it
September 28th, 2004 10:19 PM
Soldatti
quote:
monkeyman62 wrote:
cmon boys lets get it on, its time for another start me up type single, we havent had a smash hit since 81 lets face it

A new smash hit single at the "Start Me Up" level?
Now I really go to sleep with a smile in my face...
September 29th, 2004 01:32 AM
Zack
quote:
monkeyman62 wrote:
cmon boys lets get it on, its time for another start me up type single, we havent had a smash hit since 81 lets face it

They could call it "Stop Me Up" and dedicate it to Joey's bowels.
September 29th, 2004 02:51 AM
IanBillen
I don't think their contract is up either. Voodoo, Bridges, and not one other complete studio effort. Stripped, a good album it was, but it was not a studio effort by any means and was never publicised as such. It had live material from the Voodoo Lounge tour and all the rest of the songs were not new material. They were re-makes of either their older works or someone else's. Not to mention it was an acoustic album. That hardly passes for a new, complete, studio album.
If the Virgin contract called for three brand new studio albums (which I think that it did)they still have one left in that contract.
I seriously doubt they would be making plans for a new record contract when their old one is very much still active. As Gazza and some others already stated.
Ian
September 29th, 2004 11:41 AM
Jumpinjackflash59 A friend from the french message board "The World Is Stones" http://membres.lycos.fr/stonesforum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1 tell us that Charlie and Shirley are now in Paris.
His wife works in a luxury shop where Charlie and his wife use to buy some stuff. And they where there this morning.
September 29th, 2004 11:58 AM
Joey
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I think that is one of the first times in the Stones history I don't know what kind of record they will do, really.
I'm a little scared to be honest, but I only pray for no modern and futurist stuff again.

With the way Mick & Keith cook up their potions and spells (can't ya just see 'em in pointy hats hunched around a cauldron? ..............Me Neither !!!! ) anything is possible. Only da shadow knows... [cue maniacal laugh]

Kurskee Joe !
September 29th, 2004 12:03 PM
FOURCHETTE Charlie in Paris... GREAT ! Thanks Mr Jumpinjackflash..
To be continued...
September 29th, 2004 12:06 PM
not bound to please
quote:
monkeyman62 wrote:

start me up sucks. As does most of their current product. Give it a rest please.

where is Josh?

Am I missing something? How's the pain in his right flank?

September 29th, 2004 12:08 PM
not bound to please
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

I don't think their contract is up either. Voodoo, Bridges, and not one other complete studio effort. Stripped, a good album it was, but it was not a studio effort by any means and was never publicised as such. It had live material from the Voodoo Lounge tour and all the rest of the songs were not new material. They were re-makes of either their older works or someone else's. Not to mention it was an acoustic album. That hardly passes for a new, complete, studio album.
If the Virgin contract called for three brand new studio albums (which I think that it did)they still have one left in that contract.
I seriously doubt they would be making plans for a new record contract when their old one is very much still active. As Gazza and some others already stated.
Ian

Ian....oh..nevermind...

September 29th, 2004 12:12 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
not bound to please wrote:
Where is Josh?

in your ass stoopid socket!!
September 29th, 2004 12:24 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

in your ass stoopid socket!!

I thought something felt odd...thanks!

September 29th, 2004 04:43 PM
Gazza
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

I don't know, the contract was for 3 studio albums but I think that is a deal done. Since 1993 they had: Jump Back, Voodoo Lounge, Stripped, Bridges To Babylon, No Security, half of Forty Licks including the new songs and now Live Licks.
Six records is a deal done for me, more than 10 years ago from that. I think that they will do another contract.
BTW Mick realesed one solo album with Virgin and this Soundtrack of Alfie too...

yeah and thats two studio albums, not three. I would imagine that live albums are "optional" releases. I somehow doubt Virgin would have shelled out $100 million for a contract where a commercial dud like "No Security" would be deemed an acceptable substitute for a studio album of new material. They owe Virgin another album, as far as I can see.

Any deal Mick has for his solo work would be a separate arrangement (although that wasnt the case with their previous CBS deal as the contract called for two Mick solo albums as well, much to Keith's displeasure)

Dont forget also that Keith has been a Virgin Records recording artist for longer than either Mick or the Stones have been.
September 29th, 2004 04:56 PM
monkeyman62
quote:

start me up sucks.

that is probably the most silly remark anyone has ever
made on this board
September 29th, 2004 05:30 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
monkeyman62 wrote:

made on this board

hey!!
you could be surprised here if you look for silly remarks!!!
September 29th, 2004 05:40 PM
not bound to please
quote:
monkeyman62 wrote:

made on this board

Um - no it isn't. That song is the standard of the lowbrowlowIQstonesfansuckupforcash. That song is the death of their art.

They revived themselves a few times for Bridges - but basically - it's now become a semi live oldies show for $$$$$...buy thier 4 flicks dvd - if you have any taste you'll see what I mean...but I strongly suspect you don't - so enjoy anyway!

September 29th, 2004 05:50 PM
monkeyman62
quote:

Um - no it isn't. That song is the standard of the lowbrowlowIQstonesfansuckupforcash. That song is the death of their art.

They revived themselves a few times for Bridges - but basically - it's now become a semi live oldies show for $$$$$...buy thier 4 flicks dvd - if you have any taste you'll see what I mean...but I strongly suspect you don't - so enjoy anyway!

yeah well i do have four flicks so you suspect wrong,again

September 29th, 2004 09:50 PM
Soldatti
quote:
start me up sucks.

The 7 years witouth new albums is making this comments very often...
September 29th, 2004 09:52 PM
corgi37 What a load of shit. Start me up is classic. It's just that we've all heard it too many times.

And, it wasnt the start of their decline. The song was originally written around 73-74 or something.
September 29th, 2004 09:53 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:
yeah and thats two studio albums, not three. I would imagine that live albums are "optional" releases. I somehow doubt Virgin would have shelled out $100 million for a contract where a commercial dud like "No Security" would be deemed an acceptable substitute for a studio album of new material. They owe Virgin another album, as far as I can see.

I don't know why but I see the Forty Licks disk 2, Jump Back and Live Licks as the contract final fillers. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows...
Page: 1 2