ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Monumental Plaza de Toros, Barcelona, España 11 de junio de 1976
© 1976 Alma María Rico - Dedicado a Montana!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick & Keith in Paris - now Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 25th, 2004 05:07 PM
Gazza A few folks here seem to have seen it on other boards but didn't re-post the news here, so here it is.

Thanks to Doug for the info.

http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showMessage?topicID=9372.topic

Here's hoping it's the start of something positive.
September 25th, 2004 05:10 PM
bootcover But what's the source ??

I know some friends in Paris and other places in France but they can't confirm it at this time...
September 25th, 2004 05:11 PM
FotiniD Now, THAT'S what we want to here Thanks for the link Gazza!

Now, what would any of us give to be a fly on that Parisian house's / hotel's wall... Hmm...
September 25th, 2004 05:15 PM
Bloozehound hope someone locks those two squirrels in a room together
September 25th, 2004 07:27 PM
TooTough Lock them up in a kitchen...that´s better!
September 26th, 2004 12:02 AM
BILL PERKS IAN?
September 26th, 2004 01:47 AM
IanBillen
It seems pretty early yet for Charlie to be fully recovered and to be ready to give it a full go. I figured he would still be kinda tired from the recent treatments for atleast another month possibly? I thought it would be a atleast a good month or so yet before they all set wheels into motion for this.
We will see.
Ian
September 26th, 2004 01:48 AM
Soldatti
quote:
Mick & Keith in Paris - now

Mick: Another soundtrack comming?
Keith: Good time for beach?

Please guys, stay and work together for the love of god!
September 26th, 2004 03:45 AM
marko Probaply talking what kind of album to make?
September 26th, 2004 07:25 AM
Monkey Woman Great news! Thanks for the heads up, Gazza. Now, I wonder if they're staying at the Four Seasons/George V again... Maybe I'll go and have a peek tonight...
September 26th, 2004 07:39 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
marko wrote:
Probaply talking what kind of album to make?

Mick: so, what about a new best of??
Keith : oh, fuck, let's make another greatest hit instead!!
September 26th, 2004 09:01 AM
F505 Stop stalking these guys!
September 26th, 2004 10:33 AM
Martha Thanks for the update and info Gary and Stonesdoug. I had been wondering, just yesterday, what the latest news was. :-)
September 26th, 2004 11:05 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
F505 wrote:
Stop stalking these guys!

i F505!
just kidding
Socks off!!!!
September 26th, 2004 01:11 PM
gotdablouse So Stonesdoug posts "I posted back in August that they would be meeting up at the end of September and the boys are officially there.. Life is good.... " and everyone's jumping up and down, hum...isn't he the guy who wrote they were going to release a new album in July of 2003 based on "reliable sources"?!
September 26th, 2004 03:02 PM
Soldatti Come on gotdablouse, a little of faith!
September 26th, 2004 05:00 PM
Monkey Woman "Life is good" for Stonesdoug because the GT are together right now in a place where they like to record...
September 26th, 2004 08:30 PM
gotdablouse I'd be more than happy to believe the news, but you know what they say, once bitten twice shy...I'll wait to hear the news from the French SFTD fan club and actual sightings...
September 26th, 2004 08:34 PM
gotdablouse Sorry forgot the link:
http://www.sympathyforthedevils.com/news.htm
September 27th, 2004 05:35 AM
Jumping Jack Once again, the world waits for French approval.
September 27th, 2004 07:26 AM
Gazza >So Stonesdoug posts "I posted back in August that they would be meeting up at the end of September and the boys are officially there.. Life is good.... " and everyone's jumping up and down, hum

I wouldnt go as far to say everyone's jumping up and down (I don't see that excitement in the replies that you seem to imply), but considering it's supposed to be a Stones message board (or at least it was set up to be one) I figured it worthy of posting as it IS relevant.

Perhaps you'd prefer to read about Joey's bowel movements instead
September 27th, 2004 10:12 AM
The_Worst
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Once again, the world waits for French approval.

That's great!! Thanks for the laugh!!!
September 27th, 2004 10:14 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Oh OH !!!!! I wish you hadn't said that .............

*********** END TRANSMISSION ******************
September 27th, 2004 10:29 AM
Kris [quote]Gazza wrote:
>So Stonesdoug posts "I posted back in August that they would be meeting up at the end of September and the boys are officially there.. Life is good.... " and everyone's jumping up and down, hum

I wouldnt go as far to say everyone's jumping up and down (I don't see that excitement in the replies that you seem to imply), but considering it's supposed to be a Stones message board (or at least it was set up to be one) I figured it worthy of posting as it IS relevant.

Thanks for posting it Gazza, I appreciate it.
September 27th, 2004 11:11 AM
Jumping Jack Speaking of French rock fans:

Bertrand to Serve Prison Term in France
Sep 24, 1:33 PM EST

The Associated Press

VILNIUS, Lithuania -- Bertrand Cantat, the French rock star convicted of manslaughter in the beating death of his actress-girlfriend, will be sent to France to serve his prison sentence.

"According to officials in the French justice system, Cantat will be sent to his homeland within four or five days. They are ready to accept him," lawyer Virginijus Papirtis told The Associated Press Friday.

Lithuania sent documents in August outlining Cantat's return to France, which were approved by French officials, Papirtis added.

There was no immediate comment from French officials.

Cantat was convicted in March of beating 41-year-old French actress Marie Trintignant to death in a Vilnius hotel room in July 2003.

The singer was sentenced to eight years in prison.

Since his arrest and trial, Cantat has spent his time inside the maximum-security Luskiskes prison in the capital, Vilnius.

In June, Cantat sent a letter to Lithuanian Justice Minister Vytautas Markevicius asking for permission to serve the rest of his sentence in France.

Cantat, 41, was the lead singer of one of France's most popular bands, Noir Desir (Black Desire).

The love affair between Cantat and Trintignant was once the focus of public fascination in France, where fans were shaken by the killing in Vilnius. Trintignant was in Lithuania making a film when the two had the fatal dispute in their hotel.
September 27th, 2004 11:39 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I would!

Actually, I have reliable insider information that the underlings who feed unberfans like Stonesdoug misinformation like yanking fan's chains.

September 27th, 2004 11:47 AM
caro
quote:
not bound to please wrote:
Actually, I have reliable insider information that the underlings who feed unberfans like Stonesdoug misinformation like yanking fan's chains.

What's an unberfan?
September 27th, 2004 01:26 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
caro wrote:

What's an unberfan?

An Uberfan painted burnt umber?
September 27th, 2004 01:40 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Once again, the world waits for French approval.

A little grumpy today, are we? Anyway, it's not "approval" here but news reports. Big difference!

But I'm afraid there's no news from the Paris front now.
September 27th, 2004 02:31 PM
caro
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

An Uberfan painted burnt umber?

Or an unterfan upgraded, but not completely. A mittelfan, so to say.

BTW, have you been at the studios, MW?
Page: 1 2