ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Leaving a Mexican Restaurant in Halifax, NS - September 22
© Tzonistac
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN TICKETS FOR BEACON THEATER GO ON SALE? Return to archive Page: 1 2
3rd October 2006 11:27 AM
throbby Best venue in NY some have said. Saint Sway, is this true?
3rd October 2006 11:29 AM
Saint Sway I have been blessed to have seen the Stones in clubs much smaller than the Beacon. I will not pay scalpers fees for this. I'll watch Marty's dvd instead.
3rd October 2006 11:31 AM
jb [quote]throbby wrote:
Best venue in NY some have said. Saint Sway, is this true?
[/quote

Are you going for the big $$$ tickets? Let me know..Also, howe many at Giants? 54? Many empties I heard..
[Edited by jb]
3rd October 2006 11:35 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
throbby wrote:
Best venue in NY some have said. Saint Sway, is this true?

its my favorite. Its an old theatre. Great architecture. Good acoustics. Great views. Even the 1st & 2nd tier balcony seats are right over the stage.

if you were at, or have seen the Stones "From The Ten Spot" show on MTV in '97 then you know what the Beacon is like - that show was filmed at an old theatre in Port Chester that looks very similiar

the Allman's book the place for the entire month of March each year. Something I wish the Stones would consider doing...

I've seen Keith a few times at the Beacon. Couple nights with the Wino's and once at the rainforest benefit. The Wino shows at the Beacon were the coolest rock shows ever.

Keith's guitar sounded so damn filthy and raunchy back then...

:sigh:

[Edited by Saint Sway]
3rd October 2006 11:36 AM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

its my favorite. Its an old theatre. Great architecture. Good acoustics. Great views. Even the 1st & 2nd tier balcony seats are right over the stage.

if you were at, or have seen the Stones "From The Ten Spot" show on MTV in '97 then you know what the Beacon is like - that show was filmed at an old theatre in Port Chester that looks very similiar

the Allman's book the place for the entire month of March each year. Something I wish the Stones would consider doing...

I've seen Keith a few times at the Beacon. Couple nights with the Wino's and once at the rainforest benefit. The Wino shows at the Beacon were the coolest rock shows ever.

air condition?
3rd October 2006 11:42 AM
throbby jb wrote:
Are you going for the big $$$ tickets? Let me know..Also, howe many at Giants? 54? Many empties I heard..

I'll do what it takes to get in.

Giants appeared quite full all the way up. Some upper sections were not opened up. Who knows how many freebies were given.
3rd October 2006 11:42 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

air condition?

yes and lighting, running water and indoor plumbing too.
3rd October 2006 11:45 AM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
jb wrote:

I'll do what it takes to get in.

Giants appeared quite full all the way up. Some upper sections were not opened up. Who knows how many freebies were given.

Curtained off sections are customary for poor selling venues...I guess about 50k....10k empties....
Kentucky was supposedly "sold out", however tickets were a plenty. They claimed it would be 50k...I believe more like 43k.
3rd October 2006 11:45 AM
throbby I was fortunate enough to see the 10 spot show. If it's that small it's going to be incredible for those who make it in. Smallest place I've ever seen the Stones in.

Assigned seating on the floor at Beacon? Or do they do GA shows?
3rd October 2006 11:57 AM
muddy I've never been to a GA show at the Beacon, it's always reserved seating.

Though it's better than a lot of places, it's far from the best venue in NY. Give me the Bowery Ballroom or Town Hall any day, though admittedly both those are smaller than the Beacon.
3rd October 2006 12:08 PM
Saint Sway Beacon is assigned seating. Rows starting at row AA... runs about halfway thru the alphabet then switches to row A.

I'd say around 3,000 seat capacity

I got in one of Keith's shows for $20 at the side door. Don't think I can count on that this time.
3rd October 2006 12:14 PM
throbby Thank you for the info!
3rd October 2006 12:17 PM
jb This is about the only thing left worth going to....it will be a perfect end to a great ride...
3rd October 2006 12:29 PM
throbby I'm real curious as to how these tickets will be priced for sale to the public. I'm thinking 50.00-75.00 for the balconies and then the pricing to be scaled upward on the floor, maybe priced somewhat like the Hard Rock show. Broker sites will surely be asking 3-5K for the best seats.
3rd October 2006 12:32 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
I'm real curious as to how these tickets will be priced for sale to the public. I'm thinking 50.00-75.00 for the balconies and then the pricing to be scaled upward on the floor, maybe priced somewhat like the Hard Rock show. Broker sites will surely be asking 3-5K for the best seats.

This will be for the well -heeled crowd. Admittance should be based on Income Tax returns over 500k.
3rd October 2006 12:35 PM
throbby Don't forget the young models up front. They will be filming.
3rd October 2006 12:40 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
Don't forget the young models up front. They will be filming.

Good point!!!! Plus Bubba will be there.
3rd October 2006 12:42 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

Plus Bubba will be there.

you can inhale in the Beacon
3rd October 2006 01:17 PM
turner Seating chart for Beacon:

http://webtunes.com/venue/beaconseating.cfm
3rd October 2006 01:19 PM
oldkr Josh: This will be for the well -heeled crowd. Admittance should be based on Income Tax returns over 500k

too fuckin funny man!

throbby I'll see you there , lets hope its assigned seating , dont want all those B stage crazy's crowding my dancin room!

OLDKR
3rd October 2006 01:20 PM
Martha What is the capacity?
3rd October 2006 01:22 PM
Martha
quote:
Martha wrote:
What is the capacity?

Sorry, I didn't catch that before I posted.
3rd October 2006 01:23 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Martha wrote:
What is the capacity?

3rd October 2006 01:24 PM
jb 2800?
3rd October 2006 01:57 PM
SweetVirginia

3rd October 2006 02:08 PM
jb
quote:
oldkr wrote:
Josh: This will be for the well -heeled crowd. Admittance should be based on Income Tax returns over 500k

too fuckin funny man!

throbby I'll see you there , lets hope its assigned seating , dont want all those B stage crazy's crowding my dancin room!

OLDKR

We will look forward to once again greeting you and Stonesdoug in the Big Apple!!!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)