ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: stones in england Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 28th, 2005 02:43 PM
star star apart from being the opening act at the planned opening of wembley stadium (planned in very big inverted commas!) are they playing anywhere else in the country, or does anywhere else mean no profit made?
September 28th, 2005 03:14 PM
jb
quote:
star star wrote:
apart from being the opening act at the planned opening of wembley stadium (planned in very big inverted commas!) are they playing anywhere else in the country, or does anywhere else mean no profit made?

Bon Jovi is opening the new Wembley...........
September 28th, 2005 04:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
star star wrote:
apart from being the opening act at the planned opening of wembley stadium (planned in very big inverted commas!) are they playing anywhere else in the country, or does anywhere else mean no profit made?

they'll be playing a couple of shows at Twickenham in August towards the end of the tour - either instead of Wembley in June or as well as it

It appears also that there will be a stadium show up in Glasgow if you fancy a trip up to Scotland and probably a few more English shows. Some may be indoors. Theres strong rumours of a show at the NIA in Birmingham and I'd imagine there would be a show in the north, probably Manchester. Dublin will also get a visit
September 28th, 2005 04:35 PM
Flairville The Birmingham NIA would be awesome! It's tiny and would be a great night! We can only hope
September 28th, 2005 04:51 PM
star star birmingham NIA, i sure hope so! dream of them doing a secret gig at the carling academy there!! but twickenham would also be brilliant
September 28th, 2005 06:51 PM
Saint Sway fuck England!!!

to hell with that country!

until they knight Charlie Watts, they can kiss my ass.

its "Sir Charlie Watts" or bust! The Stones should never play another gig there until Charlie is rightfully knighted.

I'm not kidding either. Fucking Elton John gets knighted and not Charlie Fuckin Watts. Thats a fucking disgrace!!!!

Sir Charlie is long long overdue. They give away knighthoods over there at the drop of a hat. And they continue to snub the most deserving musician in the countrys fabled history. Its a crock of shit!

FUCK ENGLAND!

September 28th, 2005 07:06 PM
pavlovs dog are the Ealing or the Marquee Clubs still around?
September 28th, 2005 08:29 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
fuck England!!!

to hell with that country!

until they knight Charlie Watts, they can kiss my ass.

who fucking asked you, anyway, you know nothing asshole?

Fuck off
September 28th, 2005 08:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
pavlovs dog wrote:
are the Ealing or the Marquee Clubs still around?

The Marquee still is, although its changed location several times since the Stones debuted there
September 29th, 2005 03:04 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Charlie Watts probably turned down the knighthood mate.
September 29th, 2005 03:56 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Gazza wrote:

who fucking asked you, anyway, you know nothing asshole?

Fuck off

Best post ever!
September 29th, 2005 04:12 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I'm not kidding either. Fucking Elton John gets knighted and not Charlie Fuckin Watts. Thats a fucking disgrace!!!!

Sir Charlie is long long overdue. They give away knighthoods over there at the drop of a hat. And they continue to snub the most deserving musician in the countrys fabled history. Its a crock of shit!

FUCK ENGLAND!

Because "they gave away knighthoods at the drop of a hat" Charlie might be proud he ISN'T knighted. You draw the wrong conclusion once again.

September 29th, 2005 04:23 AM
Stray Cat UK Saint Sway wrote ;"fuck England"

England /UK ,without it there would be no;

ROLLING STONES
BEATLES
ELTON
LED ZEP
CLAPTON
BLUESBREAKERS
PINK FLOYD
HENDRIX - ADOPTED AND ACCEPTED BY ENGLAND
SPICE GIRLS !..............I could go on all day.

ok ,I will;
there would probably not have been later careers for artist like;Muddy ,John Lee and lots of old rock n rollers if it had not been for british bands showing their influences.

Oh , and without England, probably no USA as we know it AND you would all be speaking German (I think ?)

I think I've got up too early !

sc uk
September 29th, 2005 05:18 AM
Gazza I think you have..lol

you have my permission to go back to bed!
September 29th, 2005 06:01 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Dont forget the history bit. If it wasnt for England and the royal family which has snubbed Charlie Watts, tourists wouldnt have a palace to stand outside!
September 29th, 2005 06:49 AM
Gazza ok..ok..we're obviously dealing with a troll, so we can leave it at that I hope ;-)

If anyone feels like postin' something they know/have heard regarding next summer's shows, please do so we can get back on topic
September 29th, 2005 06:54 AM
Stray Cat UK I'm ok now !

Have any of the venues been confirmed ?

We've heard rumours of Wembley ,Hamden Park, NEC and others ,but nothing furher up to now.

I hope the tickets go on sale in march - I've saved fuck all !

sc uk
September 29th, 2005 06:59 AM
egon My sources say the european leg will kick off in Marseille!
The show will be on a saturday and it shall be a beautiful day.

Inside the stadium they'll be serving Heineken beer,
and all my friends will come along.

I get my wristband the day before the show, so i don't have
to stand in front of the gate for over 4 hours.

Furthermore there are rumours about a 2nd show.

That's what my sources say anyway....
September 29th, 2005 07:14 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:

I hope the tickets go on sale in march - I've saved fuck all !

sc uk

Me too!

The last time the Stones played more than a couple of cities in England was during the Urban Jungle tour. I think it was Manchester and Newcastle who were the lucky northern cities. Since then we’ve only had one other city to accompany London. Sheffield in '95 and '99 and of course, Manchester in '03.

I'm a southerner, but I would like to see more of a variety in where the Stones play. If it's to do with numbers, why not play just a couple of London shows and add an extra city? Leeds hasn’t seen the Stones since '82 and Liverpool haven’t seen them since '73!

Then again, I am a southerner. I WON'T be travelling up north, so why do I care? LOL!
September 29th, 2005 07:23 AM
Gazza The Stones actually havent played Liverpool since 1971, Alex (but if its any consolation to the Scousers, they havent played Belfast since 1965..bastards...)

Its not helped by the fact that the city doesnt really have a large scale arena (unless I'm mistaken) and neither of the two football stadiums ever seem to be used for concerts - whereas Manchester has two arenas as well as Old Trafford cricket ground and Manchester City's new stadium, both of which often stage rock events

Then again, I think Birmingham is due a return visit too. They havent been there since 1973 and its the country's second biggest city. The city has two big arenas not to mention Villa Park which have all been used regularly for concerts

Aside from the 5 Wembley shows in 1990, the Stones also played two stadium shows in Manchester and one each in Newcastle, Glasgow and Cardiff.

I very much doubt the shows will be announced as late as March. its much more likely to be November/December as usual. Gives them more time to sell the tickets at those prices! Wouldnt worry too much about not having money saved, there'll always be ways of getting good tickets over a period of 7-8 months
[Edited by Gazza]
September 29th, 2005 07:23 AM
egon same in france;
last tour 1x marseile & 4(?)x paris
that's fuck all.
September 29th, 2005 08:16 AM
BillyBoll If they want to play in Liverpool, they can do an arena gig in my front room and move to the garden for a stadium show.

I'm not stumping up for drinks for that Richards character though!
September 29th, 2005 08:17 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
egon wrote:
same in france;
last tour 1x marseile & 4(?)x paris
that's fuck all.

3x Paris (Large-Medium-Small)
September 29th, 2005 08:37 AM
egon even worse!
September 29th, 2005 08:38 AM
jaymze Hope there is a gig in glasgow as had been predicted. And dublin too -wherever they end up playing. Would love to see them in an arena show this time again. Stadiums are so big. Still, a chance to see them at all is always a good thing.

Roll on next summer when the Stones rock Ireland and the UK!!!!
September 29th, 2005 09:09 AM
Gazza
quote:
egon wrote:
even worse!

LOL..thats even "less than fuck all", Egon!
September 29th, 2005 09:16 AM
egon yes, maybe a was a bit too negative there. sorry.
September 29th, 2005 12:56 PM
Stray Cat UK Do you think they'll have GA admission in UK or Europe.

Why not a more expensive golden circle ?
September 29th, 2005 01:24 PM
jb Bon Jovi shall open the new Wembley!!!!
September 29th, 2005 01:37 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
Bon Jovi shall open the new Wembley!!!!

but by then those rat finks will of dubbed him Sir Jon

FUCK ENGLAND!

no true Stones fan would go to this - unless you are going to strictly stand outside and protest their continued snub of Charlie Watts
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)