ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: stones in england Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 29th, 2005 02:38 PM
thejuf
quote:
egon wrote:

Inside the stadium they'll be serving Heineken beer,
and all my friends will come along.

serving Heineken beer? what mistake is that????
September 29th, 2005 05:38 PM
BillyBoll Much as I'd love them to play in Liverpool but, as Gazza says, we aint got the venues - apart from my house! No-one seems to be allowed on the hallowed turf of Anfield, apart from the most succesful British football team of all time and I suspect that Goodison wouldnt stand up to the volume!

The Empire or the Royal Court would be cool to see them at but they're probably too small unless they decide to do the "club/theatre" shows here.

Many years ago, I and many others got suckered into buying tickets for "Freddie MacGregor and the Studio One Band" at the Empire as the local radio station was suggesting that this was a part anagram of "The Stones" and no-one had heard of them at that stage.

Needless to say it wasnt The Stones and there was a police investigatiomn into the whole affair. But we got no compensation and Freddie MacGregor was shite!

[Edited by BillyBoll]
September 29th, 2005 06:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
BillyBoll wrote:
Many years ago, I and many others got suckered into buying tickets for "Freddie MacGregor and the Studio One Band" at the Empire as the local radio station was suggesting that this was a part anagram of "The Stones" and no-one had heard of them at that stage.

Needless to say it wasnt The Stones and there was a police investigatiomn into the whole affair. But we got no compensation and Freddie MacGregor was shite!

LMAO...youre kiddin...I remember reading about that in the NME or Melody Maker at the time. Think it was at the start of the '82 tour around the time the Stones had played the 100 Club and 3 theatre shows in Scotland...rumours were rife throughout the country about these "commando raid" shows. Apparently, Freddie mcGregor was expecting to play to a mostly empty house and was dumbstruck when he ventured onstage to find the theatre packed beyond capacity full of Stones fans wondering who the fuck he was..!
September 29th, 2005 06:35 PM
BillyBoll For one song he had a full house.......

Actually most peple had realised that it was all bullshit by then but I had to make sure for myself!!
September 30th, 2005 01:52 PM
JaggerLips So hurry up and announce the UK dates ALREADY!!!
September 30th, 2005 05:44 PM
Hannalee
quote:
BillyBoll wrote:
Much as I'd love them to play in Liverpool but, as Gazza says, we aint got the venues - apart from my house! No-one seems to be allowed on the hallowed turf of Anfield, apart from the most succesful British football team of all time and I suspect that Goodison wouldnt stand up to the volume!

The Empire or the Royal Court would be cool to see them at but they're probably too small unless they decide to do the "club/theatre" shows here.

What about the Phil?

They could spread a little joy and just play more places; then it wouldn't matter.
October 1st, 2005 11:51 AM
JaggerLips I've got a two acre field on the outskirts of Liverpool with ample parking facilities (so it will screw the neighbours and farmers lives up for a few days so what!!!!)

Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ronnie get in touch I can give you the venue you just have to supply the stage!!!!
October 1st, 2005 01:28 PM
Gazza you have?

when you said "I'm a woman of wealth and taste" you were obviously only lying about half of it, then! ;-)
October 1st, 2005 06:56 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Gazza wrote:
you have?

when you said "I'm a woman of wealth and taste" you were obviously only lying about half of it, then! ;-)

You mean she has no taste?

October 1st, 2005 07:00 PM
Mr D
they have GOT to play Birmingham this time

i can't beleive they keep overlooking the second city for that shithole that is Manchester

Villa Park would be ideal for a stadium show, but if the NIA rumours are correct that'll do nicely!

A Brummie Bang
October 2nd, 2005 11:48 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
Gazza wrote:
you have?

LOL

Laugh I almost died at that comment Gazza!!!

I speak the truth.
October 2nd, 2005 11:49 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

You mean she has no taste?

Oh I have taste, you'll just have to take my word for that!

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)