ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Tim (seersuckersuit)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Full Videos of The Stones in Boston Return to archive Page: 1 2
27th September 2006 02:48 PM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
it was....a competent 'Miss You' would've been preferred to that butchered 'Under My Thumb'....

agreed..this was awful....it is like the Emperors new clothes, and all are afraid to speak the truth but us..they fucking sound like shit!!!
27th September 2006 02:56 PM
Jakeb206 Yea, I was so excited to see that Under My Thumb was finally put into the set, but now after seeing this tragedy I think I will setle for Miss You
27th September 2006 02:58 PM
jb
quote:
Jakeb206 wrote:
Yea, I was so excited to see that Under My Thumb was finally put into the set, but now after seeing this tragedy I think I will setle for Miss You

It was very poor by all accounts...they are phoning this tour in early as it is solely for tax purposes. Keith is finished!!!
27th September 2006 02:59 PM
lotsajizz and it is NOT disloyalty on our part...it is loyalty in fact to what the Stones were and can be...I am not blindly loyal to a 62 year old alcoholic coke addict who can't get his head out of a bottle long enough to play a competent show!! I know he can...I saw it as recently as last March...but he was trying then....he hasn't tried lately!! until Keith does put forth some effort, I will call him out on it!!!

I don't pay good $ to go see an echo of a legend

27th September 2006 03:03 PM
jb [quote]lotsajizz wrote:
and it is NOT disloyalty on our part...it is loyalty in fact to what the Stones were and can be...I am not blindly loyal to a 62 year old alcoholic coke addict who can't get his head out of a bottle long enough to play a competent show!! I know he can...I saw it as recently as last March...but he was trying then....he hasn't tried lately!! until Keith does put forth some effort, I will call him out on it!!!

I don't pay good $ to go see an echo of a legend

[/quote
100% correct...and I am sick of the apologists all over the boards..
27th September 2006 03:31 PM
Saint Sway the problem with the exhausted war horses is they're the only songs they can still play well

and even the intro's on Brown Sugar and SMU still get botched all the time
27th September 2006 03:34 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the problem with the exhausted war horses is they're the only songs they can still play well

and even the intro's on Brown Sugar and SMU still get botched all the time

Very true....they usually nail the warhouses...
27th September 2006 03:45 PM
pdog Keith's set is emberassing. The high point of a Stones show for me, reduced to posing and horn playing!
I may not attend AC...
This is truly sad!
27th September 2006 03:51 PM
Saint Sway sadly, the time has come for Ronnie to take over Keith's set.

I suggest:
I Can Feel The Fire
Seven Days
27th September 2006 04:01 PM
mrhipfl I thought the videos are all allright. It's obviously a whole different feeling when you're actually there than when you're just watching a cheap video, listening to every note. Mick, however, looks as bad without a mic as Keith does without a guitar.
27th September 2006 04:09 PM
Saint Sway the Timberlike headset mic must go!
27th September 2006 05:21 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
sadly, the time has come for Ronnie to take over Keith's set.

I suggest:
I Can Feel The Fire
Seven Days

Now that's actually a good idea by you!
27th September 2006 05:23 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

All sound pretty shitty to be honest....

You & I shall agree to disagree but we'll maintain civility. We'll show these monkeys howe it's done!
27th September 2006 05:31 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Now that's actually a good idea by you!

thanks - have Riffy pass it on to Sir Mick please
27th September 2006 05:33 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
You & I shall agree to disagree but we'll maintain civility. We'll show these monkeys howe it's done!

Chattering Rocks Off monkeys with wings, will get you and your little dog Sway Sway Too!
27th September 2006 05:37 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

thanks - have Riffy pass it on to Sir Mick please

I do NOT have Riffy's cell #! DAMMIT!
27th September 2006 05:37 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

Chattering Rocks Off monkeys with wings, will get you and your little dog Sway Sway Too!

Oh are you a Judy Garland fan too???
27th September 2006 05:44 PM
tumbling dice
In my humble point of view,PIB was a good opener,exotic,different...Sway was very good,Mick´s voice was stronger than ever.UMT is a good idea to go to center stage.The audience is litterally under Mick´s thumb...I like the sound, Ronnie is louder than Chuck (thanks god!)but Keith missed the solo and was absent in the most parts,they got some problems to finish it but it will be better with more gigs.I like it anyway!!I love ´´You got the silver´´but Keith needs to put a guitar in his body.He´s a guitar player not a crooner!! My idol was not in great night but Little T&A was saved by Ronnie,this guy now is very confident in his playing and he was leading Keith all the song.I liked the horns,(of course in 81-82 it was much better),but it´s his song and he puts what he want on it,with more rehearsals it will be better too.
27th September 2006 06:35 PM
maumau sad to admit
keith's set was embarassing
umt a chaos
pib and sway pretty good
i dont think he has problems other than laziness
if he can strum good rhythm on sway he can do the same on t&a
if he can play a rough but consistent arpeggio on pib he can do the same on ygts
27th September 2006 11:29 PM
voodoopug I was so distraught over these videos, and the bands overall performance/effort that I could not bring myself to post today aside from a few times. it may be over! Mick and Charlie are now carrying them, time for Keith to wake up!

A good Shidoobee friend of mine, astearsgoby, text messaged me to inform me of a loud echo due to SEVERAL empty seats.

I shall no long associate myself with those who continually drink the Stones Kool Aide and are not able to see what is going on! Please do not attempt to seek acknowledgement from me!
28th September 2006 12:30 AM
glencar GFR...
28th September 2006 10:40 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
sadly, the time has come for Ronnie to take over Keith's set.

I suggest:
I Can Feel The Fire
Seven Days

Fuckin' correct my dear Sway!
or may be FUC her or Sure the One you need..
28th September 2006 10:47 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Fuckin' correct my dear Sway!
or may be FUC her or Sure the One you need..

Good Morning Baby Juma .....................
28th September 2006 11:05 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
F505 wrote:
Nothing wrong with Keith's set. YGTS and Little T & A sound actually pretty good to me.

Me too..but from that recording who can tell?..Quality is poor...not ragging on taper I'm sure its best they could do..and nice to share...but how can one pass judgement on performance based on that?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)