ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Tim (seersuckersuit)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Full Videos of The Stones in Boston Return to archive Page: 1 2
27th September 2006 12:41 AM
Jakeb206 Paint It Black -
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jymMw-ZRDaI

Sway -
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MgjG2ZU4ekE

Under My Thumb -
http://youtube.com/watch?v=m8Y8z7txPX4

YOU GOT THE SILVER -
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6QCKGbP8NeM

Little T & A
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Racf6H4Fx3o

I am sure more will pop up soon! Keep checking!
27th September 2006 01:06 AM
pdog Keiths set was a shambles...
27th September 2006 01:07 AM
Poplar
Thanks.
As for LTA, and all the talk, i actually imagined worse. But it was pretty bad.
27th September 2006 01:12 AM
Altamont Though it was weird seeing Keith without guitar, I think Ronnie did good on Silver.
27th September 2006 01:23 AM
pdog I've never hated Keith's sets before, it's always been the highlight of the show for me...
This would've made me feel sad, if only b/c he didn't play, and his playing sounds rough at best...
God I hope they tighten it up, at least Keith!
27th September 2006 04:38 AM
F505 Nothing wrong with Keith's set. YGTS and Little T & A sound actually pretty good to me.
27th September 2006 04:47 AM
FotiniD
quote:
F505 wrote:
Nothing wrong with Keith's set. YGTS and Little T & A sound actually pretty good to me.

They lack tightness, but I think it's a matter of rehearsing more. YGTS was slightly better than T&A.

Now for the latter, I don't expect a 1981 version, but I'm sure it will get better.

It needs faster guitars and no horns and female backing vocals at all; if only they do realize that and actually try to make it happen.
27th September 2006 04:56 AM
F505
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

They lack tightness, but I think it's a matter of rehearsing more. YGTS was slightly better than T&A.

Now for the latter, I don't expect a 1981 version, but I'm sure it will get better.

It needs faster guitars and no horns and female backing vocals at all; if only they do realize that and actually try to make it happen.

Everything all right? You ALWAYS defend Keith and now you dare to criticize his performance!
27th September 2006 05:02 AM
FotiniD
quote:
F505 wrote:

Everything all right? You ALWAYS defend Keith and now you dare to criticize his performance!

Yep, pretty much everything all right I ALWAYS defend Keith and ALWAYS will F505, whether you guys like it or not

But that does NOT mean I am blind or deaf or believe everything he does is holy for crying out loud. I think I am objective, just not negative all of the time and ready to nag and whine expecting to listen to the perfect performance of a song last performed two decades ago Well, you've seen it happening too I'm sure
27th September 2006 07:16 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Altamont wrote:
Though it was weird seeing Keith without guitar, I think Ronnie did good on Silver.

Ronnie played very well indeed...both his shows in the last week have been superb

27th September 2006 07:36 AM
Steel Wheels Keith needs a guitar for You Got The Silver. My $500.00 ticket demands it.
27th September 2006 07:42 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Keith needs a guitar for You Got The Silver. My $500.00 ticket demands it.

That's good. I'll demand a kiss from the Riff Master himself next time I pay for my ticket

Just kidding in a ridiculous way (really! ) but I just want to show that each one of us has his / her own expectations of what his / her 500$ (or more, or less) should give him / her in return.

And it's not the first time Keith put down his guitar to sing. I think we first saw that during Licks or am I wrong? For part of the song, at least. I think it gives him more focus while singing. He's playing the guitar for the rest 17 or 18 songs, so a two-song break is not that big a deal.
27th September 2006 07:47 AM
glencar I don't think he had the guitar in his hands whilst doing Nearness Of You...
27th September 2006 07:50 AM
FotiniD
quote:
glencar wrote:
I don't think he had the guitar in his hands whilst doing Nearness Of You...

Exactly.
27th September 2006 08:05 AM
rollmops I have always defended Keith and always will but this version of little T&A as seeing on Youtube doesn't please me at all! Keith without the guitar or with it but worn as an ornament doesn't work. Somebody has to tell him, although he may not like it, but it is the reality. Keith if you are on stage you gotta rock man! Remember you told us "I am the guitar player"
Peace,
Mops
27th September 2006 08:24 AM
lotsajizz many many times during the show I found myself actually shouting at the stage "PLAY yer fuckin' guitar Keith!!!"

Blondie played many of his parts.

Truth hurts....

27th September 2006 08:46 AM
FotiniD
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
many many times during the show I found myself actually shouting at the stage "PLAY yer fuckin' guitar Keith!!!"

Blondie played many of his parts.

Truth hurts....

There we go, the sense of impending doom again

You know what is the "truth" that hurts here? I think it's the fact that some people don't want to accept that the Stones are not 25 years old - with all the changes this implies. They expect them to be the Stones of old, the seventies version, the raunchy, raw, young little jerks, giving it all up on stage and then off to Nellcote or something.

Well wake up and smell the coffee: NONE of us is getting any younger and each passing year brings about many changes. Enjoy the good nights and just accept there are bound to be the not-so-good nights. If it's come to a point you don't like it anymore, well, the solution is rather simple: stop going to the gigs. Play the old bootlegs.

For my part, I enjoy every single bit of it - even the bad ones. They've grown. I like it.
27th September 2006 09:16 AM
Maxlugar I gotta tell ya, I couldn't watch the whole You Got the Silver clip. Wow. A Rolling Stones song with guitars by Blondie and Ronnie only. Keith looks retarded without a guitar up there with his arms flayling all over the place.

I'm not sure I dare look at the Little T&A one...

27th September 2006 10:01 AM
Maxlugar I enjoyed Paint and Thumb very much.
27th September 2006 10:05 AM
jb PUB a horrible opener...total let down.
27th September 2006 10:09 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
jb wrote:
PUB a horrible opener...total let down.

I think it was really good. Very refreshing as well.

27th September 2006 10:11 AM
jb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

I think it was really good. Very refreshing as well.

Very slow, like NFA...it was very boring....I am not looking forward toLouisville at all..this is really bad stuff.
27th September 2006 11:15 AM
Lethargy WOW. This is certainly a much improved SWAY from when they debuted it earlier this year. More energy, a little faster, Ronnie's playing better. SWEEET!
27th September 2006 11:26 AM
jb
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
WOW. This is certainly a much improved SWAY from when they debuted it earlier this year. More energy, a little faster, Ronnie's playing better. SWEEET!

I agree..all the songs suck except Sway---sadly, Keith seems totally out of it...washed up .
27th September 2006 11:36 AM
M.O.W.A.T. UMT was not the train wreck I thought it would be. Mind you, it's not played like it was in '81 but still, this is probably the best version post '81.
27th September 2006 11:37 AM
jb
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
UMT was not the train wreck I thought it would be. Mind you, it's not played like it was in '81 but still, this is probably the best version post '81.

Sadly, unlike 81, no Mick shouting at Keith to play solo as he is well aware of Kr's and Rw's limitations..on the way to B stage, it totally broke down...also miss Wymans brilliant playing on this one.
27th September 2006 02:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jakeb206 wrote:
Paint It Black -
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jymMw-ZRDaI

Sway -
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MgjG2ZU4ekE

Under My Thumb -
http://youtube.com/watch?v=m8Y8z7txPX4

YOU GOT THE SILVER -
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6QCKGbP8NeM

Little T & A
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Racf6H4Fx3o

I am sure more will pop up soon! Keep checking!

Credit for this belongs to Shidoobee's "Barkman". He recorded and posted these (linked on shidoobee for several days now) Great job! I thought they sounded a bit rough, but on the whole, excellent job by the stones in giving me a little more faith.
27th September 2006 02:20 PM
glencar
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
UMT was not the train wreck I thought it would be. Mind you, it's not played like it was in '81 but still, this is probably the best version post '81.

UMT was much better live. I was a lot closer to the stage & the sound where I was sitting was much better.
27th September 2006 02:24 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
UMT was much better live. I was a lot closer to the stage & the sound where I was sitting was much better.

All sound pretty shitty to be honest....
27th September 2006 02:47 PM
lotsajizz it was....a competent 'Miss You' would've been preferred to that butchered 'Under My Thumb'....
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)