ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The tour is over folks!!
From Kalingrad with love... Thanks Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE PIXIES!!!!!nsc Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-26-03 10:46 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Phog wrote:
Fleabit, I never did get to meet Burroughs. I have been in his old house on Learnard Street, however. A friend of mine was the first one to rent it after he died. There's a little cat cemetary on the southern part of the property, complete with Burroughs' makeshift tombstones. Really they are just rocks he'd carved on, but still interesting to see. Burroughs was very fond of cats, I guess he had several.

WOW! That's not as cool as meeting him, but it's WAY cool. Bill was indeed a cat lover (and Parmeda, he was also gay, so your theory holds up)and in fact one of his last books was called "The Cat Inside".

Hey, was his orgone collector still in the yard?

Does your buddy still live there? Sounds funny, but I bet thousands of people would love to see pictures of Bill's cat tombstones.
09-27-03 12:38 AM
Phog No, my friend moved out of there about two years ago. He's since started a family and needed a bit more space. The "tombstones" are more like rocks with the departed kitty's name on it. Nothing fancy. But when you consider the man that put them there (and all the crazy shit he did and wrote) it's pretty neat. I don't know about the orgone collector, but there was also a little goldfish pond in his yard.
[Edited by Phog]
Page: 1 2