ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ - 27th September 2006
© SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Steelers (no Stones) Return to archive Page: 1 2
24th September 2006 10:35 PM
sirmoonie Steeler dudes, what do you think? Jeez mang, we handed that to Cinci. I'm not too worried, because I saw some good football from us, when we weren't fucking up. Some of that play by Ben bothered me though - shades of freakin' Kordell at times, forcing dumb ass passes.

Its early, but San Diego is looking like a must win - go down 1-3, it will be tough to claw back in this division.
24th September 2006 11:04 PM
RollingstonesUSA Keyshawn beats Gurden....love it
24th September 2006 11:25 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
Keyshawn beats Gurden....love it

Simms got his freakin's spleen removed!

Reminds me of one of my favorite sports quotes of all time - L.A. Rams' Jack Youngblood was playing with a broken leg during 1980 Supe with Steelers, later is asked why he didn't remove himself from game, says something like "There was no blood, and the bone wasn't sticking out or anything....." Holy fuck!
24th September 2006 11:28 PM
RollingstonesUSA Do you think this is the last year for The Tuna....
25th September 2006 01:08 AM
WinslowStud Accept it. It's going to be another subpar year for shittsburg.

25th September 2006 01:20 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
WinslowStud wrote:
Accept it. It's going to be another subpar year for shittsburg.

Howe are your Brownies doing?

You'll be seeing Pittsburgh - its a Steelers Nation - in the AFC championship. Now I guarantee it!
25th September 2006 10:22 AM
Some Guy Whosyourmamma had a huge day.
25th September 2006 10:26 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Simms got his freakin's spleen removed!

Reminds me of one of my favorite sports quotes of all time - L.A. Rams' Jack Youngblood was playing with a broken leg during 1980 Supe with Steelers, later is asked why he didn't remove himself from game, says something like "There was no blood, and the bone wasn't sticking out or anything....." Holy fuck!

Simms def showed some sac yesterday. We are soooo screwed!!
25th September 2006 10:28 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
Keyshawn beats Gurden....love it

He was a cancer to the team; glad he is gone. NY JETS fans tried to warn me when I was so enamored with him when he first arrived.
25th September 2006 10:44 AM
Some Guy Would the NFL ask the Falcons to take a dive in tonights game?
25th September 2006 11:08 AM
WinslowStud The NFL asked the browns to take a dive in yesterday's game. That is my official stance. That, and the suckage of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
25th September 2006 11:12 AM
jb You could be the Phins-be happy!!!
25th September 2006 11:30 AM
Some Guy This just in from ESPN, Vick takes a dive for no one.
25th September 2006 11:34 AM
Phog Big Ben isn't back to healthy yet, and the Steelers' woes all directly relate to that. In addition to those passes he forced, a lot of his other passes were either way off target or just didn't have enough mustard on them. This is a good time for the bye week. The Steelers should be fine, but this will be a tough division to win.
25th September 2006 11:44 AM
WinslowStud
quote:
You could be the Phins-be happy!!!

I'd rather have Frye than that washed up has been Culpepper. If he ever was something to begin with.
25th September 2006 12:30 PM
Poplar
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
Simms def showed some sac yesterday. We are soooo screwed!!

We (Carolina) tried to give you that one after whipping ass in the first half. Sims did show some sac, props to him. But yeah, Tampa is in serious trouble.

Now that Steve Smith is back, the Panthers are gonna be for real. He and Keyshawn out there ... shit!
25th September 2006 12:31 PM
Poplar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
This just in from ESPN, Vick takes a dive for no one.

Correction: He only takes a dive for Ron Mexico.

25th September 2006 01:17 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Correction: He only takes a dive for Ron Mexico.

older reference lost on younger posters.
25th September 2006 02:16 PM
Poplar
He will ALWAYS be Ron Mexico to me... lovingly.

How about John Kasay? He kicked his way into the Hall of Fame yesterday, after SI said he's "over the hill" in their season preview.

25th September 2006 02:30 PM
Riffhard Today as the nation cry tears of joy for the Saints returning to the Superdome I predict that Atlanta will give the Saints an ass kicking the likes that they have not seen since Katrina. I will then be happy. I loath the people of New Orleans for reelecting that idiot Nagin and constantly pointing fingers at the fedral goverment for all their self inflicted problems. Look at what those assholes have done to the crime rate in Houston! Nagin refused to allow the Red Cross to to even enter the Superdome and then had the nerve to try and blame the feds!

Falcons by ten. At least.

Riffy
25th September 2006 02:31 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
WinslowStud wrote:
Accept it. It's going to be another subpar year for shittsburg.

Has this Winslow mouth ever done anything in this league yet?.....We could play like yesterday all year long and still win 6 more games than the Mistake By The Lake....
25th September 2006 02:35 PM
gimmekeef Falcons for years now have had games like this...winnable games that they somehow blow...Tonight I believe the trend will continue.....
25th September 2006 02:50 PM
Riffhard
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Falcons for years now have had games like this...winnable games that they somehow blow...Tonight I believe the trend will continue.....

No this year is different. They have all the pieces now. They have the best rush defense in the NFL coupled with the best rush offense in the NFL.

Did you see that game last week?! Warrick Dunn had 134 yards rushing and Micheal Vick had 127!! Meanwhile they completely shut down the Tamba Bay offense.

The only question the Falcons have is their kicker. Morton Anderson is a good answer,but he's 48! Plus can Vick stay healthy?

Tonight they win. Tonight they win big.

Riffy
25th September 2006 02:58 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

No this year is different. They have all the pieces now. They have the best rush defense in the NFL coupled with the best rush offense in the NFL.

Did you see that game last week?! Warrick Dunn had 134 yards rushing and Micheal Vick had 127!! Meanwhile they completely shut down the Tamba Bay offense.

The only question the Falcons have is their kicker. Morton Anderson is a good answer,but he's 48! Plus can Vick stay healthy?

Tonight they win. Tonight they win big.

Riffy

And they are bringing sexy back.
25th September 2006 03:26 PM
pdog Broncos brought the pain...
It's an AFC year, and I hate The Donkeys. BUT!!! You gotta know where to look, and it's in The AFC WEST!
25th September 2006 04:32 PM
Some Guy The pregame started at 3pm on ESPN and they are hyping the Saints to no end. My boys are in a no win situation, I fear a dive may be on.
[Edited by Some Guy]
25th September 2006 05:16 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
The pregame started at 3pm on ESPN and they are hyping the Saints to no end. My boys are in a no win situation, I fear a dive may be on.
[Edited by Some Guy]

Fear not Some Guy. There is no way that the Saints can contain the Falcons' run game. The Saints defense is mediocre at best,and the Falcons will run the ball right down their throat. Plus given the Falcon's rush defense the Saints are gonna have a hell of time converting any thrid down situations. The Falcons' pass defense is amoung the leagues' best as well. Falcons win toinght,and win convincingly. Bet the farm my friend!

Riffy
25th September 2006 05:32 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Fear not Some Guy. There is no way that the Saints can contain the Falcons' run game. The Saints defense is mediocre at best,and the Falcons will run the ball right down their throat. Plus given the Falcon's rush defense the Saints are gonna have a hell of time converting any thrid down situations. The Falcons' pass defense is amoung the leagues' best as well. Falcons win toinght,and win convincingly. Bet the farm my friend!

Riffy

so what you're telling me is...

[/quote]
25th September 2006 05:42 PM
Saint Sway that is Prime Time posting SG!

[Edited by Saint Sway]
25th September 2006 05:42 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Steeler dudes, what do you think? Jeez mang, we handed that to Cinci. I'm not too worried, because I saw some good football from us, when we weren't fucking up. Some of that play by Ben bothered me though - shades of freakin' Kordell at times, forcing dumb ass passes.

Its early, but San Diego is looking like a must win - go down 1-3, it will be tough to claw back in this division.

Moonie, We'll be back. Still early yet. But, as you said the San Diego game has taken on a new light.

Willie Parker, whom I have been critical of, was a bright spot in the loss. The Defense looked solid. They had Carson Palmer shell shocked. Overall, a game that got away from us. Not something a Super Bowl champion should let happen.

Ben still looks like he is hurting. The early bye week this season may be the biggest blessing yet.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)