ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Roseland, NYC, September 30, 2002.
Louis Lanzano

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Question about Empty Seats Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-26-02 01:48 PM
sandrew Reports about the Vet Stadium show say there were between 38,000 and 45,000 people there. Were there a lot of empty seats, or did they fudge it somehow with the seating layout?

Very disappointing.
09-26-02 01:59 PM
jb A lot of empty seats....50,000 was capacity and I have heard reports b/t 38,000 and 45,000....Only MSG, Chicago, Staples, Acc AND pAC BELL have sold out. Very few sell outs this tour...I think th epromoters are taking a BATH...VENUES LIKE TACOMA, ATLANTA, Nashville, Columbus, Cleveland, San Antonio, San Diego, and Miami have less than 75% sold...first Stone tour to really sell mediocre.
[Edited by jb]
09-26-02 02:03 PM
Moonisup and that is a good thing!!
09-26-02 02:04 PM
lucasd4
quote:
jb wrote:
A lot of empty seats....50,000 was capacity and I have heard reports b/t 38,000 and 45,000....Only MSG, Chicago, Staples, Acc have sold out. Very few sell outs this tour...I think th epromoters are taking a BATH...

What a moron....this tour will be one of the 10 biggest tours of all time when it is done...NO SECURITY is one of the top 15 and LICKS will easily surpass that...the stadium shows will average nearly 3 million in sales and the arenas over 2 million....DO THE MATH...this tour will generate 80-90 million easily--even with empty seats here and there....THAT WILL PUT IT IN THE TOP 10--where the Stones already have three tours ranked...morons like you piss me off
09-26-02 02:06 PM
jb .
[Edited by jb]
09-26-02 02:13 PM
lucasd4
quote:
jb wrote:
Lucasd4...are you talking to me?

Yep, I'm talking to you and those three uglies in your avatar pic too
09-26-02 02:15 PM
Maxlugar Their business model is rock solid!

It says so in Fortune Magazine.

Like Keith says in the interview "Basically, I go to sleep at night and I make money".

I love you Keith!

MONEY!!

Maxy!
09-26-02 02:20 PM
Joey Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are on the cover of Fortune Magazine this week .

Keith is on the brand new issue of Rolling Stone .

It's a very good year .........

" Money go forth and all doors open . "

-- Shakespeare ( 1987 )

09-26-02 02:21 PM
jb .
[Edited by jb]
09-26-02 02:22 PM
Joey No , but I can sign and dance !

09-26-02 02:24 PM
jb I know that already....you are a mordern day Mr. Bojangles!!!
09-26-02 02:26 PM
lucasd4
quote:
jb wrote:
Joey, can you provide me any info on Lucads4...thanks

I see you didn't have any more success with my username that you've had with comprehending the business side of this tour...the name is lucasd4, not lucads4
09-26-02 02:27 PM
Joey " I know that already....you are a mordern day Mr. Bojangles!!! "

<------------ " I got a little Sammy Davis in me , but only whens I sees the cops . "

You tell him little buddy ................." Talked of life ---- TALKED OF LIFE " .

Dance.....Dance.....Dance .........!

" I drinks a bit Ronnie "

And now ......get ready .....hold on to something :

Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Clubby !

YES !!!!!! Got yas !!!!!
09-26-02 02:30 PM
jb ..
[Edited by jb]
09-26-02 02:34 PM
tumblingdice Come on really, I can see you disagreeing with JB but is it necessary to verbally attack his pic of himself and his kids? Shit grow up.
09-26-02 02:36 PM
jb Thanks Dice...I am a big boy and I dish it out and thus must take it..however, I have never made fun of someone's children.
09-26-02 02:54 PM
stonesmik jb, it's not your day. Get sober. Everyone is "someone's child". Stay away from that bad devil wodka.
09-26-02 03:08 PM
sandrew I thought the Vet could hold over 60,000. I could be wrong. Anyway, I'm not despairing over it. It's a soft market this year for other big-name acts too. Bruce is not selling out ever show, and he has a #1 album propelling his tour.

09-26-02 03:08 PM
Moonisup
quote:
lucasd4 wrote:
Yep, I'm talking to you and those three uglies in your avatar pic too

to bash someones kids is beyond words, so sad. if you disagree, just act like a grown-up and not like a kid!! This is bad for this board man!!
Please edit that post
09-26-02 03:09 PM
jb ..
[Edited by jb]
09-26-02 03:22 PM
fyujm20 Looks like this thread is finally ended.....yeah!
09-26-02 03:24 PM
lonecrapshooter did anybody think to factor in the fact that the economy sucks and we are in a war on terrorism as reasons for sluggish sales in some markets...
09-26-02 03:26 PM
jb t.
[Edited by jb]
09-26-02 03:28 PM
Moonisup Maybe he is jealous, because he can't get a chick himself, just guessing here!!!
hmmmmmmm I need a chick now that is for shure, through the lonely nights, lol
09-26-02 03:30 PM
jb .
[Edited by jb]
09-26-02 03:33 PM
stonesmik I sure am aware of the fact that the omnipresent war against terrorism must be expanded on indecent persons who are shamlessly insulting an unexpecting family (however, I can only see two uglies in that picture, and one - is it a pedophile? No). But such a person must sure be bombed back into Stone Age. That's where I wanna be!
09-26-02 03:33 PM
Moonisup I really understand that josh, try to stay cool, ore the fingers will be pointed at you! The good ones must stay above the bad ones, ore he should excuse himself for that strange post he made
09-26-02 03:34 PM
stonesmik Josh, better let it out. It's not good to hide your true inner feelings. What mhas to be said must be said. There is no guilt in saying the truth. Free yourself!
09-26-02 03:35 PM
jb .
[Edited by jb]
09-26-02 03:36 PM
Moonisup
quote:
stonesmik wrote:
Josh, better let it out. It's not good to hide your true inner feelings. What mhas to be said must be said. There is no guilt in saying the truth. Free yourself!

motherfucker, you suisse stole all the money from the jews in the war!! You stole my grandfathers watch!!!
Nazi gold in your lockers!! that is bad, you're a fool to fool with that! It are his kids man, don't ya have any sense
[Edited by Moonisup]
Page: 1 2