ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Mottrush
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tour will continue after Nov!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
22nd September 2006 03:25 PM
Martha JUST heard this moment on XM40 Deep Tracks...that Ronnie said the tour will resume after the Holidays.

Anyone else hearing this?

I haven't been around enuff lately and may have missed this.

Keef> COME TO DENVER PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSEE!

"she saw me comin'"

xxoo,
MM
jb
quote:
Martha wrote:
JUST heard this moment on XM40 Deep Tracks...that Ronnie said the tour will resume after the Holidays.

I haven't been around enuff lately and may have missed this.

Keef> COME TO DENVER PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSEE!

"she saw me comin'"

xxoo,
MM

Yes...we heard !!!! Euro only.
glencar Martha, theyr'e doing Euroland next spring/summer.
22nd September 2006 03:27 PM
LSTNT
quote:
jb wrote:

Yes...we heard !!!! Euro only.

I think they will come back and do one more show at Gillette.

Only kidding!!
22nd September 2006 03:28 PM
glencar No horns this time!
22nd September 2006 03:28 PM
Gazza
quote:
Martha wrote:
JUST heard this moment on XM40 Deep Tracks...that Ronnie said the tour will resume after the Holidays.

yeah..into Europe in 2007, assuming its the same quote that was reported a few days ago. November will be your lot, I'm afraid

80 plus shows to 19..I think its our turn again!

Up to 40 shows in Europe next summer, folks.
22nd September 2006 03:29 PM
jb Euro sales will be flat
22nd September 2006 03:31 PM
LSTNT
quote:
Gazza wrote:

yeah..into Europe in 2007, assuming its the same quote that was reported a few days ago. November will be your lot, I'm afraid

80 plus shows to 19..I think its our turn again!

Up to 40 shows in Europe next summer, folks.

We are still waiting on some bootleg dvd's from the Euro tour, you folks have really let us down this time around. I hope it's just someone holding out for awhile.
22nd September 2006 03:31 PM
LSTNT
quote:
jb wrote:
Euro sales will be flat

Flater than Paris??
22nd September 2006 03:32 PM
gimmekeef Think they'll just keep going thru 2007?....40 shows would be a tough thing to pull off...but guess there gunnin ofr a billion in revenue on ABB then....A Bigger Boxoffice?
22nd September 2006 03:33 PM
LSTNT
quote:
LSTNT wrote:

Flater than Paris??

Hilton that is.
22nd September 2006 03:33 PM
jb Martha, the Rolling Stones will never, I repeat, never, tour after next summer. They will not return in any capacity. Do not, I repeat, do not, expect any future tours. They are retiring and shall never play again here.
22nd September 2006 03:56 PM
Gazza
quote:
LSTNT wrote:

We are still waiting on some bootleg dvd's from the Euro tour, you folks have really let us down this time around. I hope it's just someone holding out for awhile.

Expect to see most of the Horsens show uploaded in the next few hours on Dime.

As for audios, almost all of the Euro audios are available, from what I can see

Still some shocking gaps from the US shows - even going back over a year. Embarrassing. This far into a tour, I'd normally expect about 95% of the shows to be in circulation. Quite clear that a lot of the tapers cant be bothered this tour.

Silkcut told me hes uploading the complete Glasgow audio to dime this evening. James Burton sent me Cardiff last week. I'm going to try and upload it here over the weekend if I can get some help. Otherwise I'll mail it out to someone who isnt quite so technologically retarded
22nd September 2006 03:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Think they'll just keep going thru 2007?....40 shows would be a tough thing to pull off...but guess there gunnin ofr a billion in revenue on ABB then....A Bigger Boxoffice?

mixture of stadiums and arenas. There isnt the demand, despite what some insist, to justify a tour of exclusively stadiums. I'd expect maybe just over 20 stadium shows, and maybe 10-15 arenas.
22nd September 2006 03:59 PM
LSTNT [quote]Gazza wrote:

Expect to see most of the Horsens show uploaded in the next few hours on Dime.

As for audios, almost all of the Euro audios are available, from what I can see

Still some shocking gaps from the US shows - even going back over a year. Embarrassing. This far into a tour, I'd normally expect about 95% of the shows to be in circulation. Quite clear that a lot of the tapers cant be bothered this tour.

Sounds great, yes most of Europe has been released in cd format, just hoping for more dvd's. I was just updating my cd list and did notice a significant gap in the US shows. Jumping Jack says the Atlanta dvd is on the way so that will be nice.

[Edited by LSTNT]
22nd September 2006 04:02 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
Martha, the Rolling Stones will never, I repeat, never, tour after next summer. They will not return in any capacity. Do not, I repeat, do not, expect any future tours. They are retiring and shall never play again here.

True dat!
22nd September 2006 04:02 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:

mixture of stadiums and arenas. There isnt the demand, despite what some insist, to justify a tour of exclusively stadiums. I'd expect maybe just over 20 stadium shows, and maybe 10-15 arenas.

Well that would really make more sense...and help out the many Eurofans who missed out due to cancellations and rescheduling....Might make the trip over myself!
22nd September 2006 04:05 PM
jb THe Euro fan will experience the Rolling Stones "On Stage" with the excitement of seeing them up close and in a truly innovative manner!!! Enjoy Euros!!
22nd September 2006 04:07 PM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:
Martha, the Rolling Stones will never, I repeat, never, tour after next summer. They will not return in any capacity. Do not, I repeat, do not, expect any future tours. They are retiring and shall never play again here.

Then I must go immediately into a state of mourning...as I cannot see them this tour.

That truly blows though.

jb, your words sting....but I believe you.

peace out,
Martha

22nd September 2006 04:09 PM
Saint Sway Europe have the best and most enthusiastic fans. They make the show cool!

however the Stones just piss all over them.

Boston set list is proof that Europe was Who-miliated.
22nd September 2006 04:10 PM
glencar europe was, as a whole, omaha'd!
22nd September 2006 04:11 PM
jb Europe failed to sell. wel and got what was deserved...we are getting better set-list b/c we pay more and demanded change..
22nd September 2006 04:16 PM
pdog If they're doing Eirope in 2007, there will be dates before the spring, somewhere in North or Soth america or possibly some Asian cities. They won't fold the machine up for 6 months, it's too long...
I'm wrong often, so I'm just being wrong... I'd be surprised, They'll do something, maybe finally the club gigs in the USa, where the get us diehards to thorw down a minimum $1k a tix and up...
22nd September 2006 04:16 PM
LSTNT
quote:
jb wrote:
Europe failed to sell. wel and got what was deserved...we are getting better set-list b/c we pay more and demanded change..

Not really fair to say they got what they deserved. Hopefully the boys will mix thing up in 2007. It just always seems they hit Europe at the end of very long tours and get quite complacant.
22nd September 2006 04:18 PM
glencar South America's in the line-up too...
22nd September 2006 04:25 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
South America's in the line-up too...

So is Omaha , NE

www.QWESTCENTER.com

22nd September 2006 04:26 PM
glencar Omaha'd twice in one year?
[Edited by glencar]
22nd September 2006 04:26 PM
jb Europe(sans a few shows) failed to sell well, and thus, they got waht many would consider a very generic set list..serves 'em right fot starting the demise of the band....better luck next summer.
22nd September 2006 04:27 PM
glencar I'll not go next summer. Done travelling. I'm getting old.
22nd September 2006 04:28 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'll not go next summer. Done travelling. I'm getting old.

You need to retire and travel to cities of majestic discovery.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)