ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Mottrush
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tour will continue after Nov!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
22nd September 2006 04:28 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

You need to retire and travel to cities of majestic discovery.

Which cities?
22nd September 2006 04:30 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
glencar wrote:
Which cities?

Fargo!
22nd September 2006 04:30 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

22nd September 2006 04:32 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Omaha'd twice in one year?
[Edited by glencar]

That's right !!!!

[Edited by Joey]
22nd September 2006 04:38 PM
glencar
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:

Fargo!

Well, sometime i do want to see that area of the country. Like when I'm 90.
22nd September 2006 05:00 PM
GimmeExile B.B. King has tour dates scheduled through most of 2007 and he will be 83 and has diabetes. I think it's safe to say the Stones, in their youthful 60s, will continue to tour for years to come. Don't listen to Charlie Watts--he thought their last tour was going to be 40 years ago.
22nd September 2006 05:31 PM
Gazza Bit of a difference. BB King wants to tour all the time(actually I thought I read that he was stopping touring?) and isnt primarily driven to do so by the obsession with how much money he makes or whether hes going to top the year's top grosses

Its also a bit harder to keep it together when theres four of you. Especially when three of you have had potentially life threatening illnesses, injuries or addictive problems in the last two years.

No real comparison between the two. Very hard for many people to accept that the Stones' touring days are almost over, but by this time next year they'll have completed what will have been their final world tour.

I honestly think the band's collective health is a major factor. Between them, they arent going to be capable of doing this for much longer. If anything, its been a minor miracle that they've even been able to do this one.

[Edited by Gazza]
22nd September 2006 05:51 PM
Joey
Gazza .................................

A new band out of Kansas City called " Fairbanks " will be performing at THE BRAZEN HEAD this evening .... Show Time " about 10ish .. "

Both Megan and Shannon ( The ' A ' Team ) will be on duty tonight along with Corey ( the Bar Manager ) and Mark .

What time will you be arriving ?!?! Shall I have Shannon begin your pour at 9:30 or 9:45 PM CST ?!

Please let me know as soon as possible .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY ! ™

{KINS}

[Edited by Joey]
22nd September 2006 08:15 PM
glencar
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
B.B. King has tour dates scheduled through most of 2007 and he will be 83 and has diabetes. I think it's safe to say the Stones, in their youthful 60s, will continue to tour for years to come. Don't listen to Charlie Watts--he thought their last tour was going to be 40 years ago.

Wise words that all should heed...
22nd September 2006 08:15 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

Gazza .................................

A new band out of Kansas City called " Fairbanks " will be performing at THE BRAZEN HEAD this evening .... Show Time " about 10ish .. "

Both Megan and Shannon ( The ' A ' Team ) will be on duty tonight along with Corey ( the Bar Manager ) and Mark .

What time will you be arriving ?!?! Shall I have Shannon begin your pour at 9:30 or 9:45 PM CST ?!

Please let me know as soon as possible .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY ! ™

{KINS}

[Edited by Joey]

Joey, be careful drinking & driving. That Camry will fold like a used Coke can should you get into trouble.
23rd September 2006 10:12 AM
mickmask
quote:
jb wrote:
Martha, the Rolling Stones will never, I repeat, never, tour after next summer. They will not return in any capacity. Do not, I repeat, do not, expect any future tours. They are retiring and shall never play again here.

That seems to be the word up here too.
Enjoy your shows folks.

mm.
23rd September 2006 11:14 AM
FotiniD Every single time a tour's mid-way or about to wrap-up we're having the very same discussion. And every single time we have very logical and convincing reasons to believe it IS going to be the last time. However they always manage to surprise us.

Remember, in the Milan press conference the answer of the Stones themselves to "is there going to be another tour?" was "no plans, but we're hopeful". Less than half a year later, we got another two legs going, one in the States and another one next summer.

My point is, don't despair. And jb, for crying out loud, stop dampening the spirits. There will be an end eventually, but after this year I know none of us can predict it.
23rd September 2006 11:55 AM
star star does "europe" include england??
23rd September 2006 10:26 PM
WhenTheWhipComesDown Not to fret, the Stones are unpredictable and one never knows they could
come back for another not quite so large US tour. I won't believe it until I
see it, they change their minds like crazy. If they are rested and up to it they
will whirl around again. I don't think they will quit until they absolutely have
to and then mini tours, small venues. They do it all the time.
23rd September 2006 10:32 PM
TomL Go to BA and get on that bus.
23rd September 2006 10:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
star star wrote:
does "europe" include england??

yes..doubt they'll do many stadium shows like this year.

Wembley for sure (if its ready) - and maybe a couple of other places. Supposedly Wembley is slated to be the tour finale in August 2007
23rd September 2006 10:34 PM
TomL Get me one for that show, I'll start saving now.
23rd September 2006 10:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
WhenTheWhipComesDown wrote:
Not to fret, the Stones are unpredictable and one never knows they could
come back for another not quite so large US tour. I won't believe it until I
see it, they change their minds like crazy. If they are rested and up to it they
will whirl around again. I don't think they will quit until they absolutely have
to and then mini tours, small venues. They do it all the time.

Dont agree. They dont change their minds much at all. these things take huge planning and there are tentative touring plans made MONTHS before any announcements are made (eg the US Tour theyre undertaking right now). Not sure what you mean by saying they do mini tours and small venues 'all the time'. They simply do not. The Stones havent done a 'mini tour' in decades and they sure as hell arent playing too many small venues.
23rd September 2006 10:45 PM
Gazza
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Remember, in the Milan press conference the answer of the Stones themselves to "is there going to be another tour?" was "no plans, but we're hopeful". Less than half a year later, we got another two legs going, one in the States and another one next summer.

Fotini - the US Tour was announced just two weeks after the Milan show. Its not like it just came out of the blue. It was common knowledge since spring of this year that it was on the cards and was a major reason why so few European shows got rescheduled. Once they started pulling European shows after Keith's injury it was quite apparent that they would have to come back in 2007. The announcement on June 2nd of the new tour itinerary listed most shows as postponed to a future date with only a couple being cancelled completely - so at the time that effectively meant a 2007 tour. Even though for various and as yet unexplained reasons they subsequently announced those shows at a later date as being 'cancelled', the talk was that they would be back in 2007

I think this tour would have finished for sure in 2006 but for Keith's injury. Since May/June, its become apparent that if they were going to play all or most of the shows they needed to, it would mean extending the tour. They were just being coy at that Milan press conference - probably because there were too many loose ends and legal matters to be tied up.
24th September 2006 12:38 AM
WhenTheWhipComesDown When the Stones want to tour THEY TOUR!! They are in charge of what they do,
where they go and how. I have seen this done many times by not just the
Stones but other bands as well. But seriously if they want to tour longer or
less they will definitely do it. They CALL THE SHOTS!! They say JUMP and
the rest ask HOW HIGH!? Sure it takes months of planning, that is why they
have other people do it. Because they can do things when they want to and
other people do it. They are THAT powerful. This tour was the largest grossing
tour ever. And the Stones LOVE TO TOUR!! If they want someone will find a way
to do it. I know they are getting older but they will do whatever they can to
stay in the limelight, within limits of course, but they will find some way to
always be noticed. Anyway we shall see....
24th September 2006 03:00 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Fotini - the US Tour was announced just two weeks after the Milan show. Its not like it just came out of the blue. It was common knowledge since spring of this year that it was on the cards and was a major reason why so few European shows got rescheduled. Once they started pulling European shows after Keith's injury it was quite apparent that they would have to come back in 2007. The announcement on June 2nd of the new tour itinerary listed most shows as postponed to a future date with only a couple being cancelled completely - so at the time that effectively meant a 2007 tour. Even though for various and as yet unexplained reasons they subsequently announced those shows at a later date as being 'cancelled', the talk was that they would be back in 2007

I think this tour would have finished for sure in 2006 but for Keith's injury. Since May/June, its become apparent that if they were going to play all or most of the shows they needed to, it would mean extending the tour. They were just being coy at that Milan press conference - probably because there were too many loose ends and legal matters to be tied up.

That's right, the US leg was already scheduled, but I think the question referred to next year. But I suppose either way 2007 was planned out (or at least suggested) already at the time too.

However, there have been the usual suspicions they might wrap it up in the last few tours as well. I think we were just as convinced as this time. If they do get around to playing yet another world tour in 2009, I'm sure we'll be thinking that will be the last one. It's only logical and natural of course... Time flies and they're not getting any younger. But you never know with this bunch of people, and I like that
24th September 2006 08:50 AM
Bitch I must post my comment whenever I read someone posting that this will be the final tour.

I was at the May 10 press conf in NY and some reporter asked if this was the last tour. MICK SPECIFICALLY SAID NOOOO, IT IS NOT OUR LAST TOUR, we would never claim that, we dont want it to end, we love touring. KEEF said they will continue to play until someone drops dead on the stage. When they are playing to a live audience they feel like the tigers are let out of the box.

Thats their true joy in life. So until the unthinkable happens and one of them dies or is disabled, they will continue to perform to a live audience.
LONG LIVE THE ROLLING STONES!!!!!!

24th September 2006 09:17 AM
Gazza They said quite a few things at the press conference which turned out to be untrue - so I wouldnt put too much faith in that remark.

All that simply implied to me was that they wouldnt formally 'ANNOUNCE' a last tour. Quite a lot has happened in the last 16 months. How they felt then may or may not be how they feel now.
24th September 2006 09:32 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:
They said quite a few things at the press conference which turned out to be untrue - so I wouldnt put too much faith in that remark.

All that simply implied to me was that they wouldnt formally 'ANNOUNCE' a last tour. Quite a lot has happened in the last 16 months. How they felt then may or may not be how they feel now.

That's right, but it's a matter of wait and see, isn't it? They have a thing for keeping it up, against all odds
24th September 2006 09:56 AM
Gazza
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

That's right, but it's a matter of wait and see, isn't it? They have a thing for keeping it up, against all odds

So have I.
24th September 2006 10:54 AM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:

Is Wichita on that list jb?

I'm goin....

:-)
24th September 2006 10:55 AM
Martha
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:

Fargo!

Hey I was just in Fargo...oh it's cool alright. LOL
24th September 2006 11:00 AM
glencar
quote:
Martha wrote:

Is Wichita on that list jb?

I'm goin....

:-)

Not for me!
24th September 2006 11:24 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

yeah..into Europe in 2007, assuming its the same quote that was reported a few days ago. November will be your lot, I'm afraid

80 plus shows to 19..I think its our turn again!

Up to 40 shows in Europe next summer, folks.

That's good to see. I hope they shake it up setlist-wise for their European fans, too.
24th September 2006 11:58 AM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
Not for me!

I need to cop 3 good tickies (second level pricing)...please pray for me glencar!

I am a lineman for the county!

xxoo,
Martha
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)