ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks Mr. Jimmy
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pepsi Arena, Albany, NY- 17 th September-Setlist, Photos & Reviews. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
September 18th, 2005 05:53 AM
throbby
September 18th, 2005 06:01 AM
throbby
September 18th, 2005 06:03 AM
throbby
September 18th, 2005 06:06 AM
throbby
September 18th, 2005 06:32 AM
Nellcote Straight On with these photos once again Throbby...
Thanks!
September 18th, 2005 06:38 AM
corgi37 Darryl looks like he's been in a good paddock.

And pray that Keith has many pairs of green shoes, not just one.
September 18th, 2005 06:38 AM
Poplar

great picture of Ronnie & Keith.
September 18th, 2005 06:46 AM
Moonisup thanks again for these great pics! when is the next show for you
September 18th, 2005 07:28 AM
Poplar
from all accounts - a hot show.

hell yeah
September 18th, 2005 08:20 AM
luxury1 Night Time was the highlight for me, again. Mick really let it loose, and had the whole bleedin vocals thang going on. He danced alot last night, not so much running around, as it was a smaller stage (even smaller than MSG).
ROnnie still appears "straight" to me, Keith glowering and stalking back and forth on the stage. For some reason, I had alot of space to move up front, and it had a true 'bar band" feeling hanging out groovin to the Stones. A few mistakes--which I always find humorous, not alot of Vegas showmanship, stripped down funky clothes. I dont know, but I am liking this tour....
September 18th, 2005 09:04 AM
nankerphelge I ought to just set up a "wow! throbby awesome shots!" macro

Control-Alt-Throb

Sorry I missed this show in my old stompin' ground -- glad to hear the Cap. District got a super duper show -- they deserve it -- that Albany/Schenectady/Troylet area ain't got much goin' -- a good dose of Mick & Co. was just what the doc ordered I'd wager!
September 18th, 2005 10:28 AM
throbby
September 18th, 2005 11:42 AM
charlotte WOW!!!!! great pictures!!!!! Thanks!!!!!
September 18th, 2005 12:22 PM
Angiegirl Very cool pictures again Throbby!! You got it down!

Missed a setlist-thread-gathering last night, I had a party. Now I have to wait another week!
September 18th, 2005 12:38 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hey Throbby, how a hard task is to chose only one for a header!!

You are beating all those professional photgraphers, you have the feeling to catch a moment, just a few can do that
September 18th, 2005 12:41 PM
ShesARainbow I was at this show too! I think I saw you Throbby and Luxy! My boyfriend and I were on the side but in the first row - Ronnie's side of the stage. We were so close to the stage it was the equivalent of the third row. We saw you come in and check out your seats before the show started (also third row, left side of the floor but more toward the center?). You were just too far away to say anything to you, but I recognized you from the Giants Stadium pics and said to my boyfriend, "hey that's Throbby and Luxy from Rocks Off!" I'd have said something if you had come any closer, though I'm sure you wouldn't have known who I was since I've only posted a few times!

And it wasn't just you Throbby, the Camera Nazis were out in force. From our vantage point in the front row on the side not only were we told to stop after taking only 10 pictures, but we saw security walking up and down the aisles specifically looking for people taking pictures so they could tell them to stop. This went on throughout the show. The guuy next to us had come all the way from Japan for this show, and even he had to stop taking pictures!

This was my third show this tour, and fourth Stones show ever. And this was my favorite. They put on an amazing show. I finally got "Paint It Black" and "Midnight Rambler." Our seats were incredible. It was great being close enough to see the little things, like what happened when "Shattered" was forgotten. I did also notice, as someone stated earlier, Chuck being a bit out of control at this show. LOL We were laughing our heads off at his actions on the B Stage! The conducting was a bit much!

One thing I thought was cute was when the B Stage was returning and passing by us, a girl with wavy blonde hair was standing on her seat on the floor. I saw Ronnie point at her and say, "you're beautiful sweetheart!" I nearly fainted FOR her! LOL

Overall it was a great show and one of the best concert experiences I've ever had! I'll post some pictures if any of them are good enough.

Oh, and I almost forgot..."On the buh-nah-na...Ronnie Wood!"
[Edited by ShesARainbow]
September 18th, 2005 12:53 PM
FPM C10 Stones still rolling in ageless rock

By DAVID MALACHOWSKI, Special to the Times Union
First published: Sunday, September 18, 2005

ALBANY -- In that familiar British accent, Mick Jagger drawled "Elloal-bah-knee. I was told the last time we played Albany was 40 years ago at the Palace Theatre."
Advertisement

You surely could call it the concert event of the decade, the world's greatest rock 'n' roll band aka The Rolling Stones rolled into town with their "A Bigger Bang" tour, and took Albany by storm.

In 1967, Brit colleagues The Beatles sang "Will you still need me, when I'm 64?" like it was a million years away. Well, drummer Charlie Watts is 64, Mick Jagger 62, Keith Richards 61 and the relatively youthful Ron Wood is 58. And before you start with the late-night TV jokes, there were many in the crowd of the same demographic, and they didn't look half as good as the Stones.

At the Pepsi, they were bigger than life, and with his mighty arm swinging wildly, Richards ripped into the first chords of "Start Me Up" as the arena roared. Ragged but right, Richards just may be the living heart and soul of rock music.

Jagger -- still the wiry charismatic, swaggering front man who basically wrote the book on being a rock star -- was in constant motion, skipping and scampering around the stage. His voice -- often monotone shouting -- was flexible, rich and timeless.

Then there's Charlie Watts, who appears to be playing parts a first-year drum student could play. But upon closer inspection, his placing the beat in the perfect spot is what makes it all groove so impeccably. Case in point: "Honky Tonk Women," where Watts' left hand dropping on the snare was pure art -- no, genius. It was one of the show's defining moments.

Classic songs used to just fall out of Jagger and Richards' pockets, and though they might be fewer and further between now, new tunes like the relentless "Rough Justice," and bare-bones blues "Back Of My Hand" were up to the standard. That said, "Live With Me" was a bit sloppy, and they seemed to get ahead of themselves in "Shattered." But the imperfections just add to the beauty.

The menacing "Midnight Rambler" was the dramatic high point with its tension and release exercise. But bathed in red, the hypnotic "Sympathy for the Devil" the was most intense and gratifying.

The older "Paint it Black" was dreamy, with "Miss You," the stage extended to the center of the floor, as the band got close and personal.

It was hard to choose which was the better ultimate guitar riff: the searing three notes of "Satisfaction," the snarling double stops of "Jumpin' Jack Flash" or the huge open strings ringing in "Honky Tonk Women."

Proud, defiant, glorious, at this point in their storied career The Stones have no competition but themselves. There have been years when they phoned it in -- this wasn't one of them. This night, better than ever, they outdid themselves. It was sheer magic.

Alanis Morissette offered a compelling opening set, but even her powerful personality shrunk next to the mighty Stones. Her big hits filled the set list, but the haunting "Thank You" was the joyous highlight. How ironic.

David Malachowski is a local freelance writer from Woodstock and a regular contributor to the Times Union.

September 18th, 2005 01:11 PM
nankerphelge This really is the best Stones yet!

Damn!
September 18th, 2005 01:20 PM
ShesARainbow Not as good as Throbby's pictures, but hey, they're still pictures!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

September 18th, 2005 01:24 PM
throbby Hey! They're looking good to me. Way to go!
September 18th, 2005 01:27 PM
throbby Charlie "crash 'em" Watts!

[Edited by throbby]
September 18th, 2005 01:29 PM
ShesARainbow Thank you! And thank you so much for your fantastic (as usual) pictures!
September 18th, 2005 01:40 PM
throbby
September 18th, 2005 01:48 PM
throbby

September 18th, 2005 01:56 PM
Jeep From the Albany Times Union :

Stones still rolling in ageless rock
By DAVID MALACHOWSKI, Special to the Times Union
Sunday, September 18, 2005

ALBANY -- In that familiar British accent, Mick Jagger drawled "Elloal-bah-knee. I was told the last time we played Albany was 40 years ago at the Palace Theatre."

You surely could call it the concert event of the decade, the world's greatest rock 'n' roll band aka The Rolling Stones rolled into town with their "A Bigger Bang" tour, and took Albany by storm.

In 1967, Brit colleagues The Beatles sang "Will you still need me, when I'm 64?" like it was a million years away. Well, drummer Charlie Watts is 64, Mick Jagger 62, Keith Richards 61 and the relatively youthful Ron Wood is 58. And before you start with the late-night TV jokes, there were many in the crowd of the same demographic, and they didn't look half as good as the Stones.

At the Pepsi, they were bigger than life, and with his mighty arm swinging wildly, Richards ripped into the first chords of "Start Me Up" as the arena roared. Ragged but right, Richards just may be the living heart and soul of rock music.

Jagger -- still the wiry charismatic, swaggering front man who basically wrote the book on being a rock star -- was in constant motion, skipping and scampering around the stage. His voice -- often monotone shouting -- was flexible, rich and timeless.

Then there's Charlie Watts, who appears to be playing parts a first-year drum student could play. But upon closer inspection, his placing the beat in the perfect spot is what makes it all groove so impeccably. Case in point: "Honky Tonk Women," where Watts' left hand dropping on the snare was pure art -- no, genius. It was one of the show's defining moments.

Classic songs used to just fall out of Jagger and Richards' pockets, and though they might be fewer and further between now, new tunes like the relentless "Rough Justice," and bare-bones blues "Back Of My Hand" were up to the standard. That said, "Live With Me" was a bit sloppy, and they seemed to get ahead of themselves in "Shattered." But the imperfections just add to the beauty.

The menacing "Midnight Rambler" was the dramatic high point with its tension and release exercise. But bathed in red, the hypnotic "Sympathy for the Devil" the was most intense and gratifying.

The older "Paint it Black" was dreamy, with "Miss You," the stage extended to the center of the floor, as the band got close and personal.

It was hard to choose which was the better ultimate guitar riff: the searing three notes of "Satisfaction," the snarling double stops of "Jumpin' Jack Flash" or the huge open strings ringing in "Honky Tonk Women."

Proud, defiant, glorious, at this point in their storied career The Stones have no competition but themselves. There have been years when they phoned it in -- this wasn't one of them. This night, better than ever, they outdid themselves. It was sheer magic.

Alanis Morissette offered a compelling opening set, but even her powerful personality shrunk next to the mighty Stones. Her big hits filled the set list, but the haunting "Thank You" was the joyous highlight. How ironic.
[Edited by Jeep]
September 18th, 2005 02:27 PM
Moonisup the main stage really looks very low compared to the licks stage!
September 18th, 2005 04:33 PM
TomL Wow Ronnie was on fire. Got my seats upgraded at the last minute(Thanks GJ). The band was fucking tight again. Albany- great city. Was great that we could walk to everything from the hotel. I got in around 9:30 and to the hotel about 10:15 or so. Unpacked and headed to Jullinens for a few. GJ got there around 2 and we headed to the pre party around 4 or so. Nice seeing Sharpe E, GLD, T, KDD, Da stones, and all. We got back to the room about 8 and changed qiuckly then on to the show. I met a lovely couple from Munich that went to all three NY shows. Met a guy fro0m Monton, I thought I had pins on my jacket, he made me look like a beginer. Got to the show and they came out on fire. One of the longest versions of rambler I think I heard. Boys having so much fun. From my seat I could see GJ, GLD, Sharpe E and T clearly. Night Time rocked again. Shattered, PIB. And nanky they did that version of JJF again, amazing.

After the show we ended back at the hotel with KDD, T, Ed, me, GJ, GLD, Da Stones and a few others. We closed them at 2 then hit the rum and coke in the room till 4 or so when the BIG SICILIAN with the works came. After that it was good night. I gotta put that show in my top five , not for different songs played, but for fun and just raw stones. Ronnie was on fire. Thanks to all this weekend it was a blast.

Nanky- your hometown rocked. You were there in spirit my friend. One Love..One Love..

Next Stop Columbus...........................................

She saw me coming..............She was a piece of work.........

September 19th, 2005 02:08 AM
Zack
quote:
throbby wrote:

Cool axe! Anybody know the make?
September 19th, 2005 04:30 PM
FPM C10 Isn't it a Danelectro?

Where's Cardinal Fang when we need him! He would know.

It's definitely cool, and cheapo-chic.
September 19th, 2005 04:42 PM
the worst kinda guy the show is up on dime.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)