ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks Mr. Jimmy
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pepsi Arena, Albany, NY- 17 th September-Setlist, Photos & Reviews. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
September 17th, 2005 09:59 PM
nankerphelge Buzz kill
September 17th, 2005 09:59 PM
beer I guess the person giving the info to Stonesdoug was jokin with him.

-
September 17th, 2005 10:00 PM
PartyDoll MEG I'll gladly take Rambler, save Shine a Light for Columbus!
charlotte WOW

1 Start Me Up
2 YGMR
3 Live with Me
4 Shattered
5 Rough Justice
6 Back of My Hand
7 YCAGWYW
8 Midnight Rambler

[Edited by charlotte]
LadyJane MR....redemption.

I'm re-tingled.

LJ.
September 17th, 2005 10:01 PM
Nellcote It's Rough Justice for ya........
September 17th, 2005 10:03 PM
charlotte Nellcote, your boys are in town...
September 17th, 2005 10:05 PM
Nellcote And, if I know "In Bill We Trust" they are sleeping with winning touchdowns in their head....
September 17th, 2005 10:08 PM
LadyJane YO Jack...I mean charlotte...

Did I miss your b-day?????

LJ.
September 17th, 2005 10:10 PM
charlotte no, 10-03...mac was talking about a birthday party Thursday in NY for me...
September 17th, 2005 10:13 PM
LadyJane Nightime too?????

Nanky...Tom gets the Phoenix and THIS...I'm blocking his incoming calls/emails...you still around??

Cool...Jack..do you mind if I call you Jack???

LJ.
September 17th, 2005 10:14 PM
Stonesdoug Sorry bout the Shine a Light screw up====
[Edited by Stonesdoug]
September 17th, 2005 10:14 PM
charlotte actually, it's nothing wrong in calling me Rick!!
September 17th, 2005 10:17 PM
lotsajizz SOB should be cattle prodded
September 17th, 2005 10:23 PM
nankerphelge Damn nice show for Albany.
(If god were to give Earth an enema,....)

Thomas is rockin'

Doug -- no apologies necessary -- funny howe much we all jumped!!

September 17th, 2005 10:40 PM
LadyJane Yeah...we JUMPED alright.

Our lucky bastard friends are getting a GREAT show.

And throbby has his camera. I think they are 4th row...Ronnie's side.

LJ.
September 17th, 2005 10:56 PM
time is on my side Just got in and looked over this setlist which is still a work in progress. If my eyes are not deceiving me or unless I've had too much to drink, I thought I saw Live with Me, Midnight Rambler, and YCAGWYW, with Back of My Hand included, which means they've already gotten a great setlist with more surprises yet to come. Rock and Roll indeed.

[Edited by time is on my side]
September 17th, 2005 11:04 PM
time is on my side PAINT IT BLACK!!
[Edited by time is on my side]
September 17th, 2005 11:04 PM
PartyDoll MEG Good additions to an already great show!! Now I just have to get through this week until I get to experience them LIVE!!

Wonder what the big announcement is Monday- MSG or maybe the Beacon?!!! My pocketbook is already screaming "ENOUGH", but I am not listening! And LJ, I think we should add Europe to the list!!
September 17th, 2005 11:05 PM
LadyJane They got Paint It Black too.

I'm losing it....

LJ.
September 17th, 2005 11:06 PM
time is on my side Hopefully, the encore may have some surprises as this is their last show for a weel and YCAGWYW has already been played. Is this the night SWAY gets played???
September 17th, 2005 11:09 PM
LadyJane No way......Satisfaction

LJ.
September 17th, 2005 11:25 PM
time is on my side Was Brown Sugar the last song just like Madison Square Garden??? They had 21 songs tonight. Must have been a great show.
September 18th, 2005 03:42 AM
The_Worst Just got back to New Jersey from Albany & here is my review ( I posted it on Shidoobee as well!!)

I have to say, sometimes the best plans are made at the last minute!

I bought the ticket to this show on Thursday afternoon as soon as ticketmaster released a few (I guess after they started building the stage & discovered they had room). I paid $99 for a set in the 5th row of Section 108. Section 109 was literally 10 feet away from me & those seats were $350!! To be honest the way my seat was situated it was even better because you could see the front & back of the stage where I was.

I was on Ronnie's side & it is so cool to get to watch the backstage activities during the show. As soon as I saw Jo Wood walking around I knew the show was about to start & BAM off we went.

What can I say, this was my 10th Stones show (4th of this tour including opening night @ Fenway) & I thought this was the best of them all. Rather than give a breakdown of every song here are the highlights.

When Mick introduced "Rough Justice" Keith & Ronnie started laughing & the three of them huddled up & Keith was laughing @ Mick & pointing his finger as if to say "The other night I forgot 'Shattered' & now you forgot it"!!! They all seemed to get a laugh out if it.

Midnight Rambler & Paint it Black!! Finally, after 10 shows I finally got to hear them live!! Rambler was just incredible!! I mean it almost reached Ya's Ya's level it was that good!!!

Paint it Black...I've wanted to hear that for so long I almost cried when they started it!!

Did I mentioned how cool my seats were? The catwalk came about 10 feet away & I pointed back & forth at Mick several times. I'm praying that someone taped this show on DVD because I definitely should get some screen time on that puppy!!!

The coolest part of the night had to be when Keith came over to our side he smiled & I swear the biggest wave of pot I have ever smelled in my entire life came across our entire section. Now I don't know if it was actually Keith or just the fact that about 15 people decided to lite up at the same time but it was strange (& very cool!!) Everyone looked at each other with a look of "Holy Shit" & then Keith gave us a big evil grin & ran off.. God I love that man!!!

There was a girl going crazy jumping all over the place & she was cracking up Lisa, Blondie, & Bernard. At the end of the show Blondie took his setlist, rolled it up into a ball & tossed it to the girl in the crowd...She freaked out!!

The atmosphere was great. The entire arena stood for the whole show (with a few exceptions in the upper decks for just a few minutes). People were dancing in the aisles everywhere. What a blast!!

There were only 2 minor downers. First, during Keith's set the security guard came by & told us to get out of the aisle. How dare he interupt Keef's set!! >: That didn't last long though because as soon as Miss You started everyone was right back out there

The second thing that got to me was watching the way Chuck basically directed the band. I have nothing against him & he seems to be a good guy but it was kind of embarrassing. I mean, can't Keith or Charlie count off the songs even if it's not perfect. The worse was at the beginning of "Oh no not you again" Chuck stood between Keith & Ron, looked at Charlie, put his hands in the air & counted "One, Two, Three, Four" & swung his arms around to start the song off like he was conducting a friggin' orchestra!!! That got to me. >::evil

Despite those two minor parts this show was great!! I'm really praying some taped this one...I don't know how I'm going to sleep because my ears are ringing severly!! :eek It actually hurts & it's giving me a headache....

That being said, BOY WAS IT WORTH IT!!!! :b
September 18th, 2005 04:05 AM
Jeep A little report from Capital News 9 (with YCAGWYW footage) :

http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/your_news/capital_region/default.asp?ArID=149568
September 18th, 2005 04:30 AM
throbby
September 18th, 2005 04:42 AM
throbby Hey! What A Show! What A Crowd! I guess not having the Stones in your town for 40 years makes a difference.

Security did not like me taking photos. For some reason everyone else around me was, but I was told to stop after "The Back Of My Hand". Managed to get a few good shots though and even a few by the B stage. Ran into lonecrapshooter by the B stage. What a blast it was. What a great fucking band. Damn, my ears are still ringing.

Kudos to Stonesdoug and Shidoobee. Before the beginning of Shattered Ronnie held up his left arm and displayed his Shidoobee bracelet. A true gentleman he is.
September 18th, 2005 04:43 AM
erikjjf Excellent photo, Throbby!
September 18th, 2005 05:37 AM
throbby
September 18th, 2005 05:47 AM
throbby
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)