ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1980 Annie Leibovitz
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Have you ever MET the STONES?!?!?! Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 8th, 2004 12:32 AM
glencar I met a boozy Blondie C in Vegas. An ass. I also met Daryl who was very gracious. None of the others though. Well, I guess MT doesn't count anymore. I did meet him & his band a few years back. They were fun; he was quiet. And hungry for Mickey D's.
September 8th, 2004 07:41 AM
TooTough (so far, everything personally):
MICK JAGGER:

· 4 Shakehands
· one autograph
· once seen offstage
· once drank from the same bottle he threw into the crowd (DNA!!!!);-)

KEITH RICHARDS

· 6 Shakehands
· 1 autograph
· 2 Plecs, once seen offstage

RONNIE WOOD

· 7 Shakehands
· 3 autographs
· once seen offstage
· 2 Smalltalks
· photo with me

CHARLIE WATTS

· 3 Shakehands
· 1 Foto offstage
· 1 autograph

BILL WYMAN

· 2 autographs
· one Smalltalk

MICK TAYLOR

· 1 autograph
· Smalltalk
· Shakehands

BRIAN JONES

nothing:-(
September 8th, 2004 08:43 AM
Keef I jammed with Keef, Ronnie and other boys once backstage in the early eighties. We did "Hard Travellin'", "Will you still love me tomorrow", "Hell".

September 8th, 2004 09:02 AM
Ronnie B. Wood
quote:
Keef wrote:
I jammed with Keef, Ronnie and other boys once backstage in the early eighties. We did "Hard Travellin'", "Will you still love me tomorrow", "Hell".

youre god!
September 8th, 2004 12:24 PM
kath met charlie.

shook hands with keef twice.

that's all i've got!!
September 8th, 2004 04:28 PM
glencar You look vaguely familiar...
September 8th, 2004 05:09 PM
kath hi glencar...haven't seen you in a long time....
September 8th, 2004 05:10 PM
glencar I mostly post here. Shidoobbee's been quiet lately. Did you go to Wildwood?
September 8th, 2004 05:31 PM
kath nope. too broke for a trip like that!!!

i come here more than i did for a while. sdb has been quiet, but i thought that was because of wildwood....
September 9th, 2004 05:39 AM
luxury1 Mick did thank me for the hat--three times----does that count?

And oh yeah, I had to politely ask Bernard to leave my damn hotel room at 6:30am,--a girl needs her beauty sleep, ya know.
September 9th, 2004 11:10 AM
nankerphelge "I had to politely ask Bernard to leave my damn hotel room at 6:30am,--a girl needs her beauty sleep"

Hope ya slept in late!!!
September 9th, 2004 04:50 PM
Pattie
Bernard is hot! too hot!
September 9th, 2004 05:27 PM
Dan I havent met any of them. But I did meet all members of Aerosmith and would have to concur that they are great to their fans. The best moment being when they played Nobody's Fault by (my) request at the soundcheck prior to the show at the Forum last year.
September 9th, 2004 05:33 PM
Moonisup I've met Gazza
September 9th, 2004 05:52 PM
FPM C10 Met Keith, but everyone here is so sick of hearing about it that you'll have to search the archives for the story. It was in Sept. '99, I think.
September 9th, 2004 06:05 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Met Keith, but everyone here is so sick of hearing about it that you'll have to search the archives for the story. It was in Sept. '99, I think.

Personally ...............I love that story .

I think I even printed it off and framed it .

September 9th, 2004 06:30 PM
gypsy joey, jb, chuck leavell, and anal tag. That's all I'm going to say, as I'm sworn to secrecy.
September 10th, 2004 09:40 AM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
joey, jb, chuck leavell, and anal tag. That's all I'm going to say, as I'm sworn to secrecy.

{{{{ ? }}}}

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

W - W - W - W - W - What ?!?!?! .....Oh , sure :

I want those feeble minded axes overthrown
I'm not into your passport picture I just like your nose
You welcome me with open arms and open legs
I know only fools have needs but this young Joey never begs

I don't really mind how much you love me
A little is really alright ......................
When you say come over and spend the night
Tonight......................

Kins !

[Edited by Joey]
September 10th, 2004 02:08 PM
Blind Dog McGhee Met a drummer who hung out with Mick and Keef at the Checkerboard and did coke with them. Wait, that might have been SRV. Oh forget it, never met 'em never will.
September 10th, 2004 02:55 PM
glencar At least you had yer toot!
September 12th, 2004 01:17 AM
mickmask
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I have met Ronnie,Chuck,Mac(part time Stone),Mick Taylor and partied for six hours with Jagger at the wrap party for the movie Freejack in Atlanta. I even smoked a joint with him! I still have the roach! LOL! I still have yet to meet Keith,but he answered my question at the presser for the Licks tour! I want to drink some Toxic Waste with him! The meeting with Keith will happen damnit!!

Riffhard

Ok Riffhard... give it up! Six hours with Mick?!! You know I won't sleep tonight until you tell all!
So what's it like to hang with Mick.......hmmmmmmmmm?
mm.
September 12th, 2004 08:31 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff I met Keith in 1988 in Rome ( 1 autograph + 1 kiss)
and Bill in 1998 in London (1autograph + photo)

September 13th, 2004 05:22 AM
MarthaMyDear This is a truly sad thread. Thank you and good night.

*** Martha ***
September 14th, 2004 04:58 PM
WildBillGrover
quote:
TooTough wrote:
(so far, everything personally):
MICK JAGGER:

· 4 Shakehands
· one autograph
· once seen offstage
· once drank from the same bottle he threw into the crowd (DNA!!!!);-)

KEITH RICHARDS

· 6 Shakehands
· 1 autograph
· 2 Plecs, once seen offstage

RONNIE WOOD

· 7 Shakehands
· 3 autographs
· once seen offstage
· 2 Smalltalks
· photo with me

CHARLIE WATTS

· 3 Shakehands
· 1 Foto offstage
· 1 autograph

BILL WYMAN

· 2 autographs
· one Smalltalk

MICK TAYLOR

· 1 autograph
· Smalltalk
· Shakehands

BRIAN JONES

nothing:-(

That's quite a list!! You never had sex with any of them??

I met Ronnie in the lobby of the Plaza Hotel in NYC in the spring of 1982. I was in New York at the time looking for a job after graduating from college. I got the impression that he was living or staying at The Plaza at the time. It was around noon time and he had gone to the cashier's desk presumably to get some money. He was with some woman and I figured it was my chance to say hello to him, so I stopped him as he came back. I was very glad no other fans were around. He was very polite to me. He gave me his autograph and drew a little stick figure of himself. 'Twas way cool.
September 14th, 2004 07:35 PM
Scottfree
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
I recognize Mick Taylor, but, is that Ernest Borgnine with him in that picture???????????????

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Roostah rides again!

I thought it was Bababooey.....
September 16th, 2004 02:27 AM
blueswave At the last strand of this thread, yes, I did meet Mick Taylor... in Virginia, I think it was 1999 or 2000 (can't remember). He was playing at a club called Nicks. He didn't play any Rolling Stone songs... just "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" as his encore. blah.. blah.. blah.. blah.. blah...................................... blah....
September 16th, 2004 05:00 AM
Zack I met Ray Davies. He was a lot shorter than I thought. (Sorry, just wanted to hit 200 posts. I'm gunning for Joey and jb.)
September 16th, 2004 05:06 AM
Zack I saw Bob Weir in a hotel lobby, but was too chickenshit to go over and talk to him. (Does THAT put me over?)
September 16th, 2004 01:01 PM
BILL PERKS I MET AND GOT HIGH WITH DANNY BONADUCE
September 16th, 2004 01:38 PM
luxury1 Oh man, I have one doozy of a getting high story. Licks Tour, opening night in Boston. Ended up in the room of the dude who was holding for Keef (Four Seasons). Blondie, et al, kept popping in to bring some "stuff" upstairs to the Security Guarded Lofts (no, I didnt try to bust my way up there). ANyway, when it was time to leave, I had to gingerly step over the dude, who was now laying face up on the bathroom floor, limp dick in his hand, when I was done peeing. He did offer to guest list me for the upcoming East Coast club shows, but I was seriously concerned for my life, and politely declined. I do have children, ya know........
Page: 1 2