ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1980 Annie Leibovitz
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Have you ever MET the STONES?!?!?! Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 5th, 2004 10:56 AM
Ronnie B. Wood Have you ever met some of the stones? or anybody who is part of The Rolling Stones Machine (blondie chaplin, lisa fisher, bernard, chuck leavell)
September 5th, 2004 11:18 AM
erikjjf All except Mick.
September 5th, 2004 12:41 PM
Angiegirl Only Bernard, and let's face it, no one else matters...
September 5th, 2004 12:45 PM
Jumacfly Angie are U in Love??
I remember your pic with Bernard
September 5th, 2004 12:46 PM
montana Bernard & Chuck
September 5th, 2004 12:49 PM
LadyJane Lisa, Bernard and Bobby..all briefly.

Oh and then there was the 20 minutes with MICK!!!!!

LJ.
September 5th, 2004 01:36 PM
marko just Bobby.
September 5th, 2004 01:48 PM
littleredrooster Keith, Ronnie, Charlie, Mick, Mick T, Bernard

Now stalking the elusive Bill Wyman
September 5th, 2004 02:33 PM
Martha In life..not one Stone have I been lucky enough to meet.....yet.

However, in my dreams I've met and hung-out with Keef, Ronnie and Mick. These are always really fun dreams!

20 minutes with Mick???!!!...LadyJane YOU are too cool for school!!!!!! :-)

Roostah....you are officially the a heavy weight Rolling Stones meeting champion of the board!!!!

peace and far out,
MArtha

September 5th, 2004 02:42 PM
LadyJane Thanks Martha...you heard the story. He was so gracious. I'm very lucky.

Roostah......You are my HERO!!

LJ.
September 5th, 2004 03:06 PM
Highway Child I was lucky to meet Keith 2 times, otherwise Blondie and Bernard many times.
September 5th, 2004 04:11 PM
magicwoman no one
September 5th, 2004 04:11 PM
Moonisup I shook hands with chuck,

don't have to meet keith or mick anymore, chuck=stones
September 5th, 2004 04:12 PM
magicwoman i am so jealous at you people hehehehe
September 5th, 2004 04:44 PM
Ronnie B. Wood where did you met them?
i want to met them, i want to met them i want to met them... anyobody could help me ?
FUCK SERBIA!
September 5th, 2004 05:11 PM
MarthaMyDear I've met Ronnie... In case "touching distance" counts (as in
concerts and in a room, etc.), I've stood close to Mick,
Bernard, and got a hand slap on the cat walk from Ronnie and
Keith... I've been lucky to have some really good seats at
shows, got Ronnie's autograph, and Roostah got me Charlie's
autograph, which ROCKS!!! lol....... Besides
meeting Ronnie, my favorite meeting of all was getting a
kiss and a hug from Steven Tyler!!! HE!!! HE!!! HE!!!
I know some of you hate Aerosmith but he treats his
fans like GOLD, I do have to say, and, uh... Has the NICEST
back muscles... Jesus Christ... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! If any of
you people DO like Aerosmith, if you have a chance to meet
them (and ESPECIALLY Steven... Seriously) grab that chance
'cause he is a sweetie!!! ROCK ON!!!
PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
September 5th, 2004 05:23 PM
The_Worst I met the great Mick Taylor last year!!!

quote:
Ronnie B. Wood wrote:
Have you ever met some of the stones? or anybody who is part of The Rolling Stones Machine (blondie chaplin, lisa fisher, bernard, chuck leavell)

September 5th, 2004 06:20 PM
Riffhard I have met Ronnie,Chuck,Mac(part time Stone),Mick Taylor and partied for six hours with Jagger at the wrap party for the movie Freejack in Atlanta. I even smoked a joint with him! I still have the roach! LOL! I still have yet to meet Keith,but he answered my question at the presser for the Licks tour! I want to drink some Toxic Waste with him! The meeting with Keith will happen damnit!!

Riffhard
September 5th, 2004 06:21 PM
MarthaMyDear I saw Mick Taylor play at the 100 Club in London last year and
that fucking ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A number of us,
including Gazza, Moonisup, and Strange_Stray_Cat, were there
and some of us took pix of each other standing and sitting on
the stage after the show... I FRICKING LOVED that show and the
pix... The pic. of me sitting on the stage is, basically, the
only pic. of myself I can handle looking at as I'm not
photogenic, IMO... WHAT A FUCKING FUN NIGHT!!!!! I saved a
small Coca Cola bottle from the club and still have it and
bought a t-shirt from there that, unfortunatley, is too small
but you can order them online, also, so I'll be getting
another one at some point... WHAT A GREAT
NIGHT!!!!! ROCK ON!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
September 5th, 2004 06:38 PM
Angiegirl O, I forgot Mick Taylor, met in Paris '98. So Bernard and Mick T. O well, they are less ugly from far anyway (just kiddin' people)...
September 5th, 2004 07:28 PM
MarthaMyDear ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE!! HE!!! HE!!! WOW!!! LAUGHING!!!!!!
Where did THAT come from?!?!!? LAUGHING!!!!!!!
That's funny... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROCK ON, MOMMA!!! lol...
HE!!! HE!!! HE!!! S lol.. PEACE!!!

*** martha *** lol......
September 5th, 2004 07:31 PM
kahoosier I met MT briefly a few hours before the 100 Club show (which unlike Martha, I was not overwhelmed by)on the street. We shook hands, and basically said hello's before someone with MT took him by the shoulder and guided him away.

I have shaken hands with Darryl Jones. But as far as the big guys go the closest I have gotten was front of b stage in Glasgow.
September 5th, 2004 08:21 PM
Nellcote Bill Wyman, Mac, Bobby Keyes, high-fived Ronald Wood @ The Fleet Center.

Wicked Pissa!
September 5th, 2004 08:27 PM
steel wls I met Charlie in 91 at Rizzulo's Bookstore in Manhattan for the signing of his jazz cd. I got his autograugh and a picture shaking his hand.

I met Bill in 2001 after his show in Atlantic City. He signed my ticket stub, and took a picture with me. Which I have framed with the ticket stub.
September 5th, 2004 08:53 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl If you mean "meet" to shake hands or have direct sight at less than 2 m (6' 6" ) I have met Mick Jagger and Woody in 1995 and Bill Wyman in 1981

But I really met Mick Taylor, not just that I booked him and spent a long time with him and his band. I can say in one way that we are friends as we really had chemistry. I have his current wife’s e-mail and phone number.

I made two interviews to him, one for the TV Station "Canal de las Estrellas" (From Televisa the most important TV Company in Spanish) and also for the Newspaper "La Jornada" this last one was funny as my friend couldn't understand Mick's English and asked me for help and I made the whole interview and also the translation of the interview; after we ended we had a long conversation drinking some coffees (it was in the morning). Mick likes cappuccinos a lot.

The day before I received the whole band at the hotel, then we had a long conversation with the whole band.

I attended the sound check, met the band backstage just after the show and said goodbye the next day as they left to San Francisco for another show.

I posted a lot of pictures back then. For example this picture was taken by Max Middleton with the wrong camera. I had a new one by far better but nobody's perfect LOL

BTW, previously some years before in a cyberchat Mick Taylor gave me the longest answer of the whole chat.

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
September 5th, 2004 09:49 PM
littleredrooster I recognize Mick Taylor, but, is that Ernest Borgnine with him in that picture???????????????

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Roostah rides again!
September 5th, 2004 11:00 PM
MarthaMyDear
quote:
which unlike Martha, I was not overwhelmed by
Actually, I wasn't overwhelmed, by any means... I
just had a fun night all-around with fun people to hang-out
with, etc.... And, well, I DID think the music was great,
also, but probably wouldn't have been that great, maybe, if
the people I was with weren't so nice!!! That
can make a BIG difference in an evening out... ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
September 6th, 2004 12:21 AM
Chuck I met Mick Taylor in 1990.
September 6th, 2004 12:59 AM
Mr Hess Bill and Charlie
September 7th, 2004 11:37 PM
kahoosier If it was all those friends, then I have to agree with you Martha, the night for me was special, I had a blast. I just somehow expected the stage fire to be hotter if you know what I mean. Part of the night I spent at a table sitting and chatting heads together with people I met about the whole Stones experience, something I would not have done with the Stones on stage.

LOL I also have memories of two guys that I know that sat at the wall far to the stage right beyond even the tables, and I talked to them , and I have seen one of them post at another board how rabid he was at the foot of the stage at this musical epiphany, and I laugh becuase it was just not so.

It was the night, the people, London, the excitement, meeting people from here and IORR and Shidobee...AS WELL AS SOME GOOD BAR MUSIC...that made the night special.

And meeting the legendary MT a few hours before puts it at near urabn legend level in my quiet little life!
[Edited by kahoosier]
Page: 1 2