ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: CONFIRMED....WIDE OPEN Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st September 2006 11:05 AM
jb
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
90% full - can someone please expalin to me why this has a detrimental effect upon enjoying the concert experience?

As I understand it. some of the whiners on this board, who are always going on about poor ticket sales, only like to pay top dollar and be at the very front of the venue. so why the hell do you give a squirrels nut about any spare seats their might be behind you up in the gods?

just curious.

Simply b/c one is ionterested in attemndance does not make one a "whiner". If someone does not like the topic being discussed, it can easily be skipped. I am far from a whiner as I spend a fuck load of money to see this band.
21st September 2006 11:06 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
90% full - can someone please expalin to me why this has a detrimental effect upon enjoying the concert experience?

As I understand it. some of the whiners on this board, who are always going on about poor ticket sales, only like to pay top dollar and be at the very front of the venue. so why the hell do you give a squirrels nut about any spare seats their might be behind you up in the gods?

just curious.

The sound system is designed with the assumption that there will be a "warm body" in every seat. When there is not someone in the seat, sound reflects off the hard plastic seats and causes an echo. Also, the band is humiliated to see they cant draw them like they used to and potentially could start mailing them in again!
21st September 2006 11:06 AM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

Simply b/c one is ionterested in attemndance does not make one a "whiner". If someone does not like the topic being discussed, it can easily be skipped. I am far from a whiner as I spend a fuck load of money to see this band.

keep Oct. 25th wide open.
21st September 2006 11:11 AM
Joey " keep Oct. 25th wide open."

21st September 2006 11:15 AM
Monkeytonk-man JB: I agree that if someone has an interest in attendence, then it doesn't make someone a whiner, however when an individual takes every given opportunity to point out that ticket sales are lax, reduced prices are available, venues are not full to capacity, at all given opportunities: then many people could construe this behaviour to be deemed to be verging on 'whining'

By the way, I did not mention anybody specifically in my previous comments, I feel aggrieved that you were moved to take it personally, although perhaps, this was because you felt the comments did represent you in some way.
my apologies.

also, I can't help but feel that sapre seats up in the gods would make such a huge impact upon the sound quality, I have been to many concerts in the past - some of which are Stones gigs that are sold out - that still have had crappy sounds. Other times I've been to concerts which were not sell outs, but still managed to produce an excellent PA sound, so I'm not totally convinced about the argument that the only way to have a good sounding concert is if it's a sell out.
21st September 2006 11:16 AM
Joey " By the way, I did not mention anybody specifically in my previous comments, I feel aggrieved that you were moved to take it personally, although perhaps, this was because you felt the comments did represent you in some way.
my apologies."

21st September 2006 11:20 AM
jb
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
JB: I agree that if someone has an interest in attendence, then it doesn't make someone a whiner, however when an individual takes every given opportunity to point out that ticket sales are lax, reduced prices are available, venues are not full to capacity, at all given opportunities: then many people could construe this behaviour to be deemed to be verging on 'whining'

By the way, I did not mention anybody specifically in my previous comments, I feel aggrieved that you were moved to take it personally, although perhaps, this was because you felt the comments did represent you in some way.
my apologies.

also, I can't help but feel that sapre seats up in the gods would make such a huge impact upon the sound quality, I have been to many concerts in the past - some of which are Stones gigs that are sold out - that still have had crappy sounds. Other times I've been to concerts which were not sell outs, but still managed to produce an excellent PA sound, so I'm not totally convinced about the argument that the only way to have a good sounding concert is if it's a sell out.

I am not offeneded at all by the post...I understand that the sales stuff can be contrued as whinning, but I do not post it to whine. Rather, I post it b/c I am saddened by the fact that the band we all love so much, is more or less being ignored by the causual fans and not given the respect they have earned....I understand that there are some who try to imitate me, and they are not in the same category as me, and thus, some people are enraged at them.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)