ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: CONFIRMED....WIDE OPEN Return to archive Page: 1 2
20th September 2006 10:40 PM
voodoopug JUST SPOKE TO "DASTONES" FROM SHIDOOBEE WHO HAS BEEN GIVING US THE SETLIST LIVE....TELLS ME BARELY 90% FULL....CALLS IT A "SAD DAY IN STONES HISTORY"

WE PREDICTED THIS.

HOPEFULLY THE FANTASTIC SETLIST WILL ENCOURAGE THOSE ON THE FENCE TO BUY THE REMAINING TICKETS IN THE WEAKER MARKETS AND FILL UP THE PLACE A LITTLE CLOSER TO CAPACITY.
20th September 2006 10:43 PM
Some Guy must you pooh-pooh?
20th September 2006 10:47 PM
PartyDoll MEG Who cares?!! All that matters is They brought the music tonight
20th September 2006 10:48 PM
LadyJane NO NEGATIVITY tonight.

Uncalled for.

LJ.
20th September 2006 10:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
must you pooh-pooh?

SHOW LOOKS LIKE IT WAS GREAT. i LISTENED TO FIVE OR SIX SONGS ON MY PHONE AND IT SOUNDED GREAT! I MUST REPORT THE FACTS THOUGH, NO MATTER HOW MUCH I HATE THEM, OR WISHED IT WASNT FACT!

REMEMBER....EVERYBODY POOPS
20th September 2006 10:51 PM
voodoopug
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
NO NEGATIVITY tonight.

Uncalled for.

LJ.

WE MUST ACCEPT REALITY! I HATED TO HEAR IT, AND WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE CHANGES IN THE SETLIST....BUT I KEPT THESE FACTS OUT OF THE SETLIST TOPIC AND POSTED THEM FOR THOSE WHO WERE INTERESTED AS THIS WAS OBVIOUSLY A VERY HOT TOPIC HERE RECENTLY
20th September 2006 10:53 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
HOPEFULLY THE FANTASTIC SETLIST WILL ENCOURAGE THOSE ON THE FENCE TO BUY THE REMAINING TICKETS IN THE WEAKER MARKETS AND FILL UP THE PLACE A LITTLE CLOSER TO CAPACITY.

Only 3 songs I have never seen them do and none of them really essential. I notice in Foxboro they aren't even allowing people to sit next to the stage. For my $22.50 I expect a little more than that.
20th September 2006 10:57 PM
fireontheplatter 90%
hey, i'll take that anyday
20th September 2006 11:03 PM
voodoopug
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
90%
hey, i'll take that anyday

louisville will be sold out....i am nervous about my hometown show though!
20th September 2006 11:16 PM
Paranoid_Android Is that really wide open?

In school...90% is an "A"...it is a wednesday nite...folks have seen them already...and the fear of the same old setlist was (and continues to be) an issue for many who might have otherwise plopped down 2.5 bills or more...plus the drive out to Foxboro, etc etc...
20th September 2006 11:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
Is that really wide open?

In school...90% is an "A"...it is a wednesday nite...folks have seen them already...and the fear of the same old setlist was (and continues to be) an issue for many who might have otherwise plopped down 2.5 bills or more...plus the drive out to Foxboro, etc etc...

compared to years past, that is a poor selling show. I do feel no pity for those who decided to pass this show due to setlist concerns. While I was concerned they would not mix it up as much as they did, I would not be deterred from attending multiple shows!
20th September 2006 11:24 PM
Poplar
ain't nuthin "wide open" but that balls-out setlist and my unbridled enthusiasm for the shows i'm seeing.

20th September 2006 11:30 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Poplar wrote:

ain't nuthin "wide open" but that balls-out setlist and my unbridled enthusiasm for the shows i'm seeing.

I also plan on enjoying all the shows I am attending
20th September 2006 11:36 PM
Poplar
Pug - I'll be in Vegas. hope to run into you.

20th September 2006 11:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Pug - I'll be in Vegas. hope to run into you.

i am booked for vegas. I hope to say hello as well
21st September 2006 12:32 AM
Poison Dart There is no way that 10% of all seats were open. The vast majority of seats were full. Only, a few nosebleed seats a town over were empty.

Sorry, but if the staduim wasn't 100% sold out. It was very close.
21st September 2006 01:43 AM
SteveMiller
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
JUST SPOKE TO "DASTONES" FROM SHIDOOBEE WHO HAS BEEN GIVING US THE SETLIST LIVE....TELLS ME BARELY 90% FULL....CALLS IT A "SAD DAY IN STONES HISTORY"

WE PREDICTED THIS.

You and JB have gay sex
21st September 2006 01:56 AM
lotsajizz it WAS wide open....

and it sucked

far worse than you could imagine

21st September 2006 01:57 AM
SteveMiller
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
it WAS wide open....

and it sucked

far worse than you could imagine

Yeah I know, that's what she said
21st September 2006 01:59 AM
lotsajizz who...Mrs. Miller?

21st September 2006 02:00 AM
SteveMiller
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
who...Mrs. Miller?

Your the only who didn't like the concert, you fuckin' loser, I was there to, playing the budwieser tent
21st September 2006 02:01 AM
lotsajizz maybe you can spell it next time

21st September 2006 08:39 AM
Green Tea Once again I have to agree with Poison Dart. The stadium was NOT WIDE OPEN.

There were a few empty seats on the opposite end of the stadium. But, it was very close to being sold out.

USA Today claims there were 45,000 people there. Which is considered a sellout in Foxboro.
21st September 2006 09:56 AM
jb The Billboard "Boxscores" had Bon Jovi "sold out" with 45k at this stadium. Thus, 45k seems to be spot on. Off course, if the demand was incredible, they certainly could fit 55k in this huge stadium. 43k is a respectable #, despite the lower prices and give aways. As long as 30- 35k paid the higher prices, the show made millions. Plus, as pointed out ad nauseum, this was the 5th show in 15 months. Looks like a great set-list, and I admit, I regret not going. On the other hand, I have a lot of respoect for Jizzy, and his review was a bit disurbing. Nonetheless, I am in for Louisville and just purchased AC(I got very excited reading the set list). I am going to enjoy mnyself, like I alwasy do at the shows, with unmitigated enthusiasm . This appears, by all accounts, to be the last major world tour, and I want to enjoy what we have left. Off course the ticket sales, gross, etc, still interests me, and no one can deny this has been a tough sale. However, as usual, they managed to fill it up, and as pointed out, no one will really care about a few thousand seats in the long run(it saddens me nonethless). I am thrilled for those of you who went and had an awesome time....I missed seeing fine people like Nellcote, Throbby, Chevysales, Astearsgoby, and many others. Hopefully we'll see you in Louisville or AC....................god bless the Stones .
21st September 2006 10:02 AM
maumau i really hope it was wide open, i really long for a series of wide open concerts to make the stones quit stadiums

about quality
lotsajiz? ok message received loud and clear. Do you mind if I ask someone else's review to make an idea?
you're a stones concert veteran goer and i am a stones fanatic reviews veteran reader so I know how to weight them (both the good ones AND the bad ones)
do you mind if I like to hear a boot to make my review? Or the gig was so bad you're claiming for a world wide ban of any recorded evidences of it?
21st September 2006 10:28 AM
jb They are not touring after next summer so you don't have to worry...this is the last NA tour ever(do not expect any future tours in any capacity).
21st September 2006 10:31 AM
FotiniD
quote:
jb wrote:
They are not touring after next summer so you don't have to worry...this is the last NA tour ever(do not expect any future tours in any capacity).

21st September 2006 10:35 AM
jb
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

They are not playing smaller venues or returning for exteneded stays...they returned for tax purposes and most "insiders" I have spoken to are very much convinced that after next summer, they completely stop touring. I think they are dead on.
21st September 2006 11:02 AM
Monkeytonk-man 90% full - can someone please expalin to me why this has a detrimental effect upon enjoying the concert experience?

As I understand it. some of the whiners on this board, who are always going on about poor ticket sales, only like to pay top dollar and be at the very front of the venue. so why the hell do you give a squirrels nut about any spare seats their might be behind you up in the gods?

just curious.
21st September 2006 11:04 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Poplar wrote:

That's what it is all about!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)