ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks for the livfce debut of Sway please play it live again
Rehearsing in Toronto
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie's Input Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 18th, 2005 05:46 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:
I said it once and I say it again: Keith doesn`t allow Ronnie to play properly. Look at Keith at the end of Ronnie`s solo in CYHMK from Four Flicks, he`s visibily thinking ```you son of a bitch, turn it down``.Mick goes to Ronnie, give him a smile, congratulates him...

Look at Mick during Ronnie`s solo (I think it would be graet louder) in Stray Cat Blues again from FF, he screams positively at Ronnie, the old and good ``oh yeah, gimme rock n roll!!`` thing. I agree with Mel Belli, Mick is always being cool to Ronnie.

All this is Keith`s fault. He doesn`t allow Ronnie to play the way he can.

it was well documented on all of the reviews of the Olympia show at the time on this site that Ronnie was absolutely smashed out of his brain at that show and his playing was all over the place.

After a few songs, Mick quite visibly ordered the sound crew to turn him down in the mix.

Somehow or another (possibly down to some careful camera work and remixing) they managed to salvage a show out of it that was worthy of inclusion on the DVD. Thanks mainly to Keith, by all accounts.

Edit : I found the reviews of this show in the archives :
http://www.novogate.com/board/968/Archives/07%2D27%2D2003/158668-1.html
[Edited by Gazza]
September 18th, 2005 06:56 PM
Bruno Stone Thanks for the link Gazza.

I used the SCB solo from Olympia just to ilustrate my talk about Ronnie being ``supported`` by Mick. Of course, Ronnie is playing badly in that day. But he has his moments, and theses moments being erased in the mix got me pissed off. I`m talking about any show.

Gazza, do you have the Rio 98 show by Rede Globo? Ronnie rocks!!! I never get tired of watching it, LOUD guitars and Ronnie PLAYING rock n roll. Fuck, he is absolutely killer in Saint Of Me.
September 18th, 2005 07:45 PM
Gazza yes I do indeed, Bruno

Great show. I think the South American shows from that tour were something special

My good friend Estela from Buenos Aires sent me videos of both that and the Buenos Aires 98 TV concert just after they were broadcast when we were both posting on the old Bridges To Babylon official Stones site
September 19th, 2005 04:30 AM
blackandblue
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:

Din`t Keith want it that in the Taylor time as well?

Keith doesn`t want anybody playing louder than him.

You keep on repeating that but you don't tell us why...
Is he jealous?
September 21st, 2005 03:33 PM
Bruno Stone Yes, he seems to be. He`s a genius, so it`s not absurd he being a jealous guy. Most of the genius are.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)