ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Relaxing in Sweden - April 1965
© IBL with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Robert Plant says Led Zeppelin WILL definitely reform Return to archive Page: 1 2
5th September 2007 09:50 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
I'm beginning to think we're one step away from being able to publish any crazy-ass idea as "official" provided there's a good source, like say a squirrel or a talking toaster.

Funny you should mention that.

The Yankee Stadium squirrel did talk (off the record) about the LZ reunion at his post game press conference last night.

6th September 2007 01:15 AM
glencar
quote:
robpop wrote:

Glencar,

I could not agree more with that statement. I have been involved in several agruements about Led Zep's music. Their music is dry and boring. You are the first person that I have communicated with that shares the same feeling about Zep.

But yet they have done excellent commerically. Go figure, I guess we are in the minority.
[Edited by robpop]

It's been that way for decades, my friend!
6th September 2007 02:00 AM
Dan I am on a Zeppelin kick again, mainly due to Dime, after not listening to my records in about 15-20 years (aside from Presence every few years). But like with Van Halen, the only way I would be interested is with a time machine.

I also remember the way the Crowes/Page tour sputtered to a halt just as I was making arrangements to go and it has me wondering if he is any shape to do any full length tour.
6th September 2007 09:32 AM
Lethargy Robert Plant indeed sucks royally. He was bad back in the day. I can't even picture how much he'll suck in this reunion appearance.

quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Robert Plant's voice makes me long to hear Yoko Ono sing.

I'll be skipping THAT reunion.

LJ.

6th September 2007 04:08 PM
polytoxic
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Robert Plant indeed sucks royally. He was bad back in the day. I can't even picture how much he'll suck in this reunion appearance.

Don't worry, Bondie, Bernard & Lisa will cover for him.
6th September 2007 04:18 PM
mojoman
quote:
Dan wrote:

I also remember the way the Crowes/Page tour sputtered to a halt just as I was making arrangements to go and it has me wondering if he is any shape to do any full length tour.

yep. had tix for shoreline. first it was to be rescheduled than cancelled. nothing from page since.........
7th September 2007 12:47 PM
jb Different bands, different fans.... But as a Stones fan, I can't even compare LZ to the Stones because even if as some think they played better, were the "bigger " band, etc., show, just one note coming out of Keith's guitar provides me with more joy than any band can do no matter how great they are...it's all about what makes us Stones fans....the music may not be to everyone's liking (far more bands have sold more), but the Stones just have that aura about them, and the greatest catalog of music along therewith. Moreover, no one will ever be as mythologically/legendary than the Stones and in particular the Jagger/Richards relationship...

7th September 2007 01:35 PM
mojoman
quote:
jb wrote:
Different bands, different fans.... But as a Stones fan, I can't even compare LZ to the Stones because even if as some think they played better, were the "bigger " band, etc., show, just one note coming out of Keith's guitar provides me with more joy than any band can do no matter how great they are...it's all about what makes us Stones fans....the music may not be to everyone's liking (far more bands have sold more), but the Stones just have that aura about them, and the greatest catalog of music along therewith. Moreover, no one will ever be as mythologically/legendary than the Stones and in particular the Jagger/Richards relationship...

a love well described. the stones were the biggest bang, their legacy outshines every other artist and performer of our time. mick has said himself that the stones are part of the traditional show business era. zep is a band of a different era perhaps the last of the hippie bands while their contribution to rock music is incalculable it is limited to the genre of their own. the stones phenomena is as you have stated the combination of the supreme artistic achievement and odessey........
7th September 2007 04:23 PM
LoveinVainRonnie I don't consider one gig a reunion make...Mostly I just consider it as a way to do the least amount of work, while raking in the dough.
Sure, they can be festive, but it seems really pointless to me.

If you are going to reform, put out a new album, promote it, and tour it...Don't drain people of 500 plus because you know that they know that it is one show and it might not ever happen again...It is just crap really.
7th September 2007 05:49 PM
Dan
quote:
mojoman wrote:

a love well described. the stones were the biggest bang, their legacy outshines every other artist and performer of our time. mick has said himself that the stones are part of the traditional show business era. zep is a band of a different era perhaps the last of the hippie bands while their contribution to rock music is incalculable it is limited to the genre of their own. the stones phenomena is as you have stated the combination of the supreme artistic achievement and odessey........

hippie....?
7th September 2007 09:38 PM
Lord (Hetero) The post Zep years have clouded my judgement. I always thought Pkant a complete fool. That voice, but even worse that totally gay fingertwiddling in those tight bulge jeans on stage. And their blues..I hated. Much preferred the Thor kinda Viking stuff.
Anyway, now Plant has become totally cool. He has shed all that image and put together a very respectable solo career.
7th September 2007 09:43 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Lord (Hetero) wrote:
Anyway, now Plant has become totally cool. He has shed all that image and put together a very respectable solo career.

I don't know about that. Respectable, maybe -- and I mean the knife's edge of maybe. "Totally cool"? Don't think so.
9th September 2007 12:06 AM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
Lord (Hetero) wrote:

I heard the first song off the new album Plant made with Allison Krause. Not only is it awful. Even worse,it's boring.
9th September 2007 07:39 AM
MrPleasant It's not so good when one's name, "Plant", reminds of the spanish word "planta". A mini tree.
9th September 2007 10:22 AM
gimmekeef I think Page and Plant know their best days are long gone.A full blown tour would expose that and tarnish their legacy...which is all they have left...Maybe this one off will prove that wrong but I'm not so sure...
9th September 2007 08:19 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Different bands, different fans.... But as a Stones fan, I can't even compare LZ to the Stones because even if as some think they played better, were the "bigger " band, etc., show, just one note coming out of Keith's guitar provides me with more joy than any band can do no matter how great they are...it's all about what makes us Stones fans....the music may not be to everyone's liking (far more bands have sold more), but the Stones just have that aura about them, and the greatest catalog of music along therewith. Moreover, no one will ever be as mythologically/legendary than the Stones and in particular the Jagger/Richards relationship...

Pete Townshend seems more ' genuine ' than both Mythologically Legendary Mick & Keith .

9th September 2007 08:39 PM
Dan
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I think Page and Plant know their best days are long gone.A full blown tour would expose that and tarnish their legacy...which is all they have left...Maybe this one off will prove that wrong but I'm not so sure...

Their back catalog is still a hot seller and I can't imagine them "needing" the money any more than at any other point in the last 17 years the offers have been on the table.

If they do it it might just be the one gig and not a full tour.
10th September 2007 06:23 AM
Bob Tamp Obviously being a stones fan it's hard to be objective about legacy. However, I really do think old stones holds up better now than old Led Zep stuff. IMHO, a lot of Zep stuff which I loved in the 70's sounds very dated while the stones best shit still kicks ass.
10th September 2007 06:27 AM
gotdablouse Too bad we didn't keep posting in the other thread about the LZ reunion, because a lot is a repeat.

Page hasn't written anything of interest since a couple of tracks on Presence in 1976 and even before that there isn't a lot to remember, Immigrant Song, Kashmir, Stairway ? Besides, his playing has always been sloppy, heck they even had to PAY their way out of the Band Aid video from 1985! Well I guess Keith and Ronnie could have done the same ;-)

I agree that it's a bit mind-boggling that they had so much success back in the day...oh well, to each their own.
10th September 2007 11:34 AM
Mel Belli Posted without comment:

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)