ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Relaxing in Sweden - April 1965
© IBL with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Robert Plant says Led Zeppelin WILL definitely reform Return to archive Page: 1 2
5th September 2007 10:15 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Robert Plant says Led Zeppelin WILL definitely reform

'We got a band meeting this afternoon' admits singer
2 hours ago
NME

Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant has confirmed that the legendary rock band will be reuniting later this year.

A reunion has been strongly rumoured for the last week or so and today (September 5) the singer confirmed it's definitely on.

A fan who met Plant in London today contacted NME.COM explaining that the singer said he was on his way to meet bandmates Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones.

"How did you find out about this?" asked Plant when asked about the prospects of a reunion show by the autograph hunter. "Well we've got a band meeting about it this afternoon about it. There's not a lot to work out as it's only going to be one-off gig."

NME.COM has also learned from a music industry source that the show, possibly to take place in November at the 02 in London, will be a charity gig organised by promoter Harvey Goldsmith.

What do you think about the band getting back together? Have your say on MyNME below and the best comments will appear throughout the day, so keep checking.

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/30908
5th September 2007 10:17 AM
Ten Thousand Motels "....one off gig..."

Sheesh....fuck that.
5th September 2007 10:18 AM
FotiniD It's nice to see that Led Zep kept their dignity and legacy intact and haven't embarked on reunion tours and splits every five years, like so many other seventies bands have done.
5th September 2007 10:19 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
It's nice to see that Led Zep kept their dignity and legacy intact and haven't embarked on reunion tours and splits every five years, like so many other seventies bands have done.

Maybe. But new music is more important than a legacy.
5th September 2007 10:58 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Yes, but provided that his new music is worth making or listening to. Are you sure that if they were to reform, they could have achieved what they achieved when they were all in their twenties/thirties? Slim chance. Possibly not.

And after all, I just don't believe a band who had a member dying should reform - of course, talking about bands who've kept the same composition for quite some time. Also, reunions are more often than not commercially and financially motivated and I wouldn't want to see that happening with Led Zeppelin. (And since it has not happened for such a long time, I'm happy to think they're among the less corrupted musicians of the scene).
5th September 2007 10:59 AM
BONOISLOVE Who's their manager, I wonder ? Allen Klein ?
5th September 2007 11:38 AM
mrhipfl Dudes, Some Guy Said Led Zeppelin Is TOTALLY Reforming

The NME is now claiming the Led Zeppelin reunion is most most assuredly on. Straight from the frontman's mouth, no less. Or, well, supposedly straight from the frontman's mouth to a "fan" who "ran into him" on the street. And then contacted NME. Who figured this guy must be on the level and hey, if we put a word in ALL CAPS in the headline it will lend the rumor a newfound air of credibility. And we can call it "confirmation" from Robert Plant. Because that's reliable reporting, folks:

"How did you find out about this?" asked Plant when asked about the prospects of a reunion show by the autograph hunter. "Well we've got a band meeting about it this afternoon about it. There's not a lot to work out as it's only going to be one-off gig."

So is it just that the notion of a long dissolved band finally getting back together is so devalued that people are willing to believe any potential reunion idea no matter how vague, unreliable, or just plain shady a publication's Deep Throat? (Hell, I'd believe there was a Led Zeppelin reunion in the works. Why not?) Or have blogs entered into some weird cosmic loop where if enough of them claim an act's getting back together they (eventually) will, thereby proving the blog (eventually) right. Yeah, I know it's journalistic light the NME, but bewtween this and the My Bloody Valentine rumor-as-"fact," I'm beginning to think we're one step away from being able to publish any crazy-ass idea as "official" provided there's a good source, like say a squirrel or a talking toaster.
5th September 2007 11:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
It's nice to see that Led Zep kept their dignity and legacy intact and haven't embarked on reunion tours and splits every five years, like so many other seventies bands have done.

Give it time.

If theyre going to do it AT ALL, then theres no real difference in whether its for one night or for a tour that will rake in about $500 million...
5th September 2007 12:10 PM
Joey " Robert Plant says Led Zeppelin WILL definitely reform

Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant has confirmed that the legendary rock band will be reuniting later this year. "

I am now so excited that I could literally , LITERALLY drop a log .

5th September 2007 12:21 PM
mojoman
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Robert Plant says Led Zeppelin WILL definitely reform

Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant has confirmed that the legendary rock band will be reuniting later this year. "

I am now so excited that I could literally , LITERALLY drop a log .

A tremor in the Force. The last time I felt it was in the presence of my old master......
5th September 2007 12:32 PM
jb Fuck Led Zeppelin and their so-called reunion. They have had no relevance in popular culture for over 20 yrs. Yeh, I know they still sell a shit load of music to testerone charged males b/t 13-25, but if recall, Garth Brooks has sold more records than anyone.
They had a decent run, a few huge hits, and a loyal following, but to even compare them to the Stones on any level is total bullshit. The Stones are much more than a band, but a way of life. LZ always reminds me of the burnouts who skipped class and sat on the wall at my high school-not that that is all too bad, but as far as impact on music, not even close.
Plus, I strongly disagree that any one of their members is as fine as any musician as the Stones during both bands prime. If banging hard on drums and playing a fucking violin on a guitar make them great musicians, well, then they win....Lets get back to being a Stones board, our band, the greatest fucking band to ever live...I'm sure LZ, U2, and The Police message boards aren't sop kind to out favorite band!!!!

[Edited by jb]
5th September 2007 12:37 PM
glencar Joshy, on USA Network(cable thing), Shahar Peer, an Israeli tennis player, is giving it her all at the US Open. A Georgian is beating her this writing...
5th September 2007 12:37 PM
glencar And yes, let's drop the L Zep talk. Boring old farts.
5th September 2007 12:40 PM
Some Guy good to see jb.
5th September 2007 12:41 PM
glencar He'll be at MSG next spring!
5th September 2007 12:45 PM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
And yes, let's drop the L Zep talk. Boring old farts.

Robert Plant's voice makes me long to hear Yoko Ono sing.

I'll be skipping THAT reunion.

LJ.
5th September 2007 12:47 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
Fuck Led Zeppelin and their so-called reunion. They have had no relevance in popular culture for over 20 yrs. Yeh, I know they still sell a shit load of music to testerone charged males b/t 13-25, but if recall, Garth Brooks has sold more records than anyone.
They had a decent run, a few huge hits, and a loyal following, but to even compare them to the Stones on any level is total bullshit. The Stones are much more than a band, but a way of life. LZ always reminds me of the burnouts who skipped class and sat on the wall at my high school-not that that is all too bad, but as far as impact on music, not even close.
Plus, I strongly disagree that any one of their members is as fine as any musician as the Stones during both bands prime. If banging hard on drums and playing a fucking violin on a guitar make them great musicians, well, then they win....Lets get back to being a Stones board, our band, the greatest fucking band to ever live...I'm sure LZ, U2, and The Police message boards aren't sop kind to out favorite band!!!!

relevence is in the eye of the beholder
5th September 2007 12:48 PM
Dan
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
Dudes, Some Guy Said Led Zeppelin Is TOTALLY Reforming

The NME is now claiming the Led Zeppelin reunion is most most assuredly on. Straight from the frontman's mouth, no less. Or, well, supposedly straight from the frontman's mouth to a "fan" who "ran into him" on the street. And then contacted NME. Who figured this guy must be on the level and hey, if we put a word in ALL CAPS in the headline it will lend the rumor a newfound air of credibility. And we can call it "confirmation" from Robert Plant. Because that's reliable reporting, folks:

What a coincidence it's the same guy who ran into someone who said Aug 26 2007 is going to be the last Stones show.
5th September 2007 12:52 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Robert Plant's voice makes me long to hear Yoko Ono sing.

I'll be skipping THAT reunion.

LJ.

Post of the Day, non-Maxy's baby division!
5th September 2007 12:52 PM
glencar
quote:
Dan wrote:

relevence is in the eye of the beholder

Yes but Joshy is quite the beholder.
5th September 2007 12:55 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:

A tremor in the Force. The last time I felt it was in the presence of my old master......

Fulfill your destiny my son :

5th September 2007 01:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Fuck Led Zeppelin and their so-called reunion. They have had no relevance in popular culture for over 20 yrs. Yeh, I know they still sell a shit load of music to testerone charged males b/t 13-25, but if recall, Garth Brooks has sold more records than anyone.

No. That would be a certain other act that you love so much.
5th September 2007 02:29 PM
Mel Belli This is *still* hearsay, is it not?
5th September 2007 03:28 PM
mojoman
quote:
glencar wrote:
He'll be at MSG next spring!

for zep?
5th September 2007 03:37 PM
glencar Stones, man, Stones!
5th September 2007 08:19 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
This is *still* hearsay, is it not?

well, you're the lawyer Mel!!
5th September 2007 08:24 PM
robpop
quote:
glencar wrote:
And yes, let's drop the L Zep talk. Boring old farts.

Glencar,

I could not agree more with that statement. I have been involved in several agruements about Led Zep's music. Their music is dry and boring. You are the first person that I have communicated with that shares the same feeling about Zep.

But yet they have done excellent commerically. Go figure, I guess we are in the minority.
[Edited by robpop]
5th September 2007 09:07 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
jb wrote:
They (Zeppelin) have had no relevance in popular culture for over 20 yrs.

And the Stones have?
5th September 2007 09:14 PM
robpop The numbers are deceiving here. If Jagger and Plant were walking down the street together, who are more people going to recognize? Same with Richards/Page.....ect.

[Edited by robpop]
5th September 2007 09:45 PM
pdog
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

NEW? Or GOOD?

b/c alot of bands like our band have released music, but it's debatable among us who actually care, if it's good or not. Zep at least has maintained the legacy IMO properly.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)