ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Halifax Commons, Halifax NS Sept 23, 2006
© Ted Pritchard with thanks to Montana
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Jagger/Alice Cooper Duet Return to archive Page: 1 2
17th September 2006 07:48 PM
RollingstonesUSA What song would be perfect if this were to happen, which I hope to God it will! I say Bitch would be cool to see them do, It would be fuckin' awesome if Mick where to get his head cut off, but that will never happen,lmao
17th September 2006 08:33 PM
mrhipfl "poison"
17th September 2006 09:55 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl In the meantime this repost for you, check the comments LOL

17th September 2006 10:56 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
In the meantime this repost for you, check the comments LOL

I love you....
17th September 2006 11:01 PM
Nasty Habits Sympathy for the Devil.

I thought that one would be rather obvious . . .

17th September 2006 11:04 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Sympathy for the Devil.

That compeletly slipped my mind! That would be a great one!
18th September 2006 02:02 AM
danielharris627 No matter what the song is, I would pay a huge ammount to see this. Shame Alice didn't support here in cardiff, especially as he was sitting in the crowd! Alice and the Stones are my favourite bands.
18th September 2006 02:40 AM
CraigP ALice Cooper... He's just a mofo who wanted attention with his antics. He can't sing (but, I do know Mick has had some MUCH WORSE duets than I could imagine Alice cooper being, as we all know. Anyonw with a hit song with a chorus "Schools out for summer/for ever" is bubblegum pop. Without school, we'd be chuckin' spears like they still do in Roxbury and "Dorchesta" Boston (If you can catch my drift).

Liberals.

Alice cooper cant sing. and I really hate his corny music. HE IS NOT, I mean NOT metal nor punk by a long-ass shot by any standards despite VH1 (What the hell do they know? Mr. RollingStones USA. I love ya as a fellow STONES fan but come on. I can wear make up too and write elementary lyrics of irrational rebellion to. The stones were alot mor emetal and punk than that actor.

Dio, on the other hand is a much listened-to artist by the metal band I'm producing or their next album. Local band called Charlton Heston.
18th September 2006 02:40 AM
CraigP ALice Cooper... He's just a mofo who wanted attention with his antics. He can't sing (but, I do know Mick has had some MUCH WORSE duets than I could imagine Alice cooper being, as we all know. Anyonw with a hit song with a chorus "Schools out for summer/for ever" is bubblegum pop. Without school, we'd be chuckin' spears like they still do in Roxbury and "Dorchesta" Boston (If you can catch my drift).

Liberals.

Alice cooper cant sing. and I really hate his corny music. HE IS NOT, I mean NOT metal nor punk by a long-ass shot by any standards despite VH1 (What the hell do they know? Mr. RollingStones USA. I love ya as a fellow STONES fan but come on. I can wear make up too and write elementary lyrics of irrational rebellion to. The stones were alot mor emetal and punk than that actor.

Dio, on the other hand is a much listened-to artist by the metal band I'm producing or their next album. Local band called Charlton Heston.
18th September 2006 02:49 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
CraigP wrote:
ALice Cooper... He's just a mofo who wanted attention with his antics. He can't sing (but, I do know Mick has had some MUCH WORSE duets than I could imagine Alice cooper being, as we all know. Anyonw with a hit song with a chorus "Schools out for summer/for ever" is bubblegum pop. Without school, we'd be chuckin' spears like they still do in Roxbury and "Dorchesta" Boston (If you can catch my drift).

Liberals.

I respect your opinion, you don't have to dig it, Dio ROCKS
18th September 2006 02:57 AM
CraigP Holy Diver MoTherF'er!!! Great metal.
I dig priest, Motorhead and more. Too lethargic to remember!
18th September 2006 02:59 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
CraigP wrote:
Holy Diver MoTherF'er!!! Great metal.
I dig priest, Motorhead and more. Too lethargic to remember!

I just got the Dio Holy Diver CD/DVD a must have!

I'm a metal head, The Stones, The Who, Bob Dylan, are as mellow as I get! But The Stones will always be my number ONE!
18th September 2006 03:11 AM
The Wick Sorry mate, it seems like you're a big fan of Alice Cooper, but seeing him on a duet, especially Sympathy will make me sick. It's bad enough that I have to see him open the show, but a duet would be vomit inducing. It's not as bad as Timberjoke but it's nothing I want to see. That Timberjoke thing changed the Stones in my eyes forever. Even though I have heard them aplenty, I still haven't bought a single thing, apart from tickets, including albums after that. What a slap in the face to all the fans. I used to buy everything, albums, singles, imports, merchandise, etc. After that, no more. How about some proper duets. Van Morrison, getting Mac up there, even Rod the dickhead Stewart would be better than some of the shite they manage to get onstage with them. It ruins the whole fucking show. Clapton was great as was Josh Redman.
18th September 2006 03:18 AM
CraigP Dude, I even listen to The Association because their vocal harmonies/producer (Bones Howe) just addad a flavor to my creativity in producing bands... Metal, you name it.

Same here man. I'm the same way. My friends love the Stones but they seem second to metal these days (complete reversal). They don't understand that there'd be no (good) Metal, nor punk beleive it or not, without the Stones' past existance. They made hard rock huge esp. live with M.Taylor.

I heard on RocksOff that there is a DVD of Let's Spend the Night Together for trade. Amazon has it for $40-something dollars. Fuck that.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO OWN IT, do you think the cassette version had better pic/sound quality?

Please B&P. You all have countless bootlegs and I got shit.

Please help a lifelong fan.

Thanks-love
18th September 2006 04:05 AM
Navin
The perfect duet between Mick and Alice would be "Its only Rock and Roll" - with Alice repeating the line "suicide right on the stage..." (think Iggy did that on the charity single)

The song in question was directed towards the amount of excess and outrage that certain rock groups, mainly Alice Cooper had taken rock to around that time (1974) - and it was supposed to parody that kind of wild lifestyle and sick behavior on stage (but then, who could be more outrageous than the Stones, ever? A self-parody to begin with)

I don't really think that there might be any possibility of any duet between the two...but it would be great if IORR launced into "Eighteen" next - both have the same lines..."Its only Rock and roll, but I like it"..."I'm eighteen and I like it"
18th September 2006 05:06 AM
Jumping Jack Mick will come out with a Hillary T-shirt and guest on Elected.

It will be a good warm up for the Beacon wwhere he no doubt will sing Cocksucker Blues!
18th September 2006 07:26 AM
Jair None!!!

Sorry.
18th September 2006 07:33 AM
F505 Not a very good idea, but on the other hand it can't be much worse than the Jagger/Timberlake duet. Or the Jagger/Jackson duet. We must thank God on bended knees Mick hasn't done duets with Freddie Mercury or Phil Collins.
18th September 2006 08:24 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Sympathy for the Devil.

God no...

on so many levels...

18th September 2006 08:47 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

God no...

on so many levels...

It's time to put the SATAN back in that song!

Bring on the Beelzebub Blowup!

18th September 2006 11:45 AM
glencar Wow, that video link Voodoo posted has made me ill & now I must take the rest of the day off!
18th September 2006 12:26 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Jair wrote:
None!!!

Sorry.

Don't you listen to the Black Eyed Peas....
18th September 2006 12:48 PM
Saint Sway Is It My Body?
18th September 2006 01:35 PM
Jumping Jack Hallifax could be humiliating (see AC/DC at SARS)
18th September 2006 01:52 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Hallifax could be humiliating (see AC/DC at SARS)

I am blasting The Who live at The Royal Albert Hall....
18th September 2006 02:50 PM
Jair
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

Don't you listen to the Black Eyed Peas....

Ok, Ok, my vote goes to I Never Cry!
Would be perfect.

Happy now?
18th September 2006 02:51 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Jair wrote:

Ok, Ok, my vote goes to I Never Cry!
Would be perfect.

Happy now?

lmao!, I love you....
18th September 2006 02:57 PM
Jair
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

lmao!, I love you....

Thanks. The same, pal!
18th September 2006 03:06 PM
voodoopug i am looking forward to seeing Alice Cooper's set next week, but hope that he does not join them onstage. Songs are at a premium as it is, we cannot sacrifice another spot in the setlist to another "Dave Matthews Moment".
18th September 2006 03:06 PM
jb No duets-we ain't fucking Bono!!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)