ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1969 by Someone at the Associated Press With thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wembley Arena - 15 September - Set list, pics & reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-16-03 05:16 PM
twicks1 Great post, Gazza.
09-16-03 05:23 PM
BillyBoll I agree Gazza. I dont think I've seen them this consistently good - apart from the Arena, where sound and Jaggers illness took the edge off.

It was always an ambition of mine to see them in a small venue and I did that with the Astoria but the 1st Wembley, Manchester to a lesser exent and 2nd Dublin shows were awesome as well.

And as you say, if thats it I'm happy. But I dont see any reason why they shoulnt do it again and for many years to come.

The Greatest Rock'n Roll Band in the World. Deffo!
09-16-03 05:36 PM
MarthaMyDear Great review, Gary (like usual)!!!
Yet another excellent one from the biggest
(male... HE!!! HE!!! :P Just playing... )
Stones fan on this planet (and most loyal one at that)!!!
Talk to you soon!!! Take care!!!

*** Martha ***
09-17-03 12:48 AM
sirmoonie Great review, Gazza!

I agree. I saw some great performances on this tour. I hope they weren't the last, but if so I'm not going to forget Astoria any time soon.

Can't You Hear Me Knocking.
09-17-03 01:35 AM
littleredrooster Great review, Gazza!
Great tour, and fantastic to be able to share a couple of shows with you!
Sorry that I missed Rooster!

Roostah
09-17-03 09:06 AM
rainbow I went to Twickenham (sunday gig) Astoria and Arena on Monday. All three shows for me were special and different. The stadium was full on and with all the usual stuff you expect my kids were with me ages 6 and 10 we were in block b close to b stage and they were blown away. On the Wednesday Steve and I went to Astoria WHAT A DAY AND NIGHT WOW WOW WOW. Came away feeling really great the Stones were better than when we saw them at Brixton and I thought you couldn't of topped that night but they did. So last Monday I was very interested to see where the night would lead to. How happy am I? We were completly blown away I could not believe how brillent they were, Seated just 10 rows from the stage in block A on Ronnie side (I love Ronnie!) and felt from the off that this night was gonna rock and it did. Imagine how pleased I was when Ronnie making his way to the B stage stopped for at least 5 seconds holding my hand and chatting the music was fab cann't remember how good LRR was because I was still trying to get over the whole Ronnie bit but Steve said it was fantastic. The night ended JJF came to a clashing finale and then to top off the whole stone 2003 experience Charlie threw his drum stick and it landed YES YES YES in front of Steve and he grabbed it. So off we went two very blown away stones fans......

Hi to John email me please or leave it here...
09-17-03 12:51 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Lots of moans again from people who werent there - interesting.
[Edited by Gazza]

I remember the same thing from you during the US and aussie tour, about the setlist being to short! And you weren't there also.
Why can't we say that?

Rik
09-17-03 01:27 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Well, I'm not gonna waste a lot of words on this gig.
It was no good. No offence to anyone who liked it, but is was not a good show imho. They fucked up big time. Lot's of timing problems. Angiegirl and I sat down and allmost decided to leave after the first couple of songs. IORR was like hell. During SFM, Mick begun to sing to late and Keith did not notice that. So it became a mess. Too bad.

Got better during the second part of the show tho, but this wasn't worth 150 pounds.
09-17-03 01:40 PM
Maxlugar Gazza's review made my nipples start to "firm up" and get all "prickly"...

But now I see the reviews are coming back down to earth.

Such disparate views....

Which is closer to reality?

Inquiring Macky's want to know.

09-17-03 02:18 PM
Gazza >I remember the same thing from you during the US and aussie tour, about the setlist being to short! And you weren't there also.
Why can't we say that?

nothing wrong with moaning about short setlists (I still stand by that because I think 18-19 songs is too short), but I dont remember complaining about the content of a show I didnt attend. maybe you can show me otherwise

One thing I do agree with though is no show is worth £150 a ticket regardless of how good it is (maybe a club show). I might have loved the shows but I'm no sycophant

[Edited by Gazza]
09-17-03 02:42 PM
Moonisup why can't people talk over the content off a show?? If people moan over the show and that they played bad, and they weren't, YES, that's stupid, but well, we can give opinions right?? and yes 150 pounds is wayyy too much, BUT I've paid it!

Rik
09-17-03 02:57 PM
Gazza actually Rik,I think you protest too much. It wasnt you I was referring to when I talked about people complaining about a show they werent at, if you read the actual thread
09-17-03 03:05 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Gazza wrote:
actually Rik,I think you protest too much. It wasnt you I was referring to when I talked about people complaining about a show they werent at, if you read the actual thread

yes, I know

but, when Josh ain't here, we REALLY need someone who complains, like::

Gazza, was it a Sell out?? haha
09-17-03 03:08 PM
Gazza actually, no it wasnt although maybe it was by show-time...

but still...London got more shows (6) than any other city on the entire tour and they probably sold more tickets there than in any other city too,so we have to prove that "Britain still hates the Stones..." one way or another
09-17-03 05:07 PM
Madafaka Thank you! Nice concert, isn't?
09-18-03 02:38 AM
hotlicks TOTAL RESPECT-BEST STONES SHOWS IV'E EVER SEEN.
THANKS GAZZA FOR THE SETLISTS,SOME PEOPLE REALLY DON'T APPRECIATE THE WORK YOU AND OTHERS HAVE PUT IN....YOU CAN'T PLEASE SOME OF THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME!!!!!
Page: 1 2