ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Perverted Charlie hypnotized by Luxury1
Charlie staring at Luxury1
© 2005 Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ABB Reviews in Ten Words Or Less Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
September 11th, 2005 12:02 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
10 words? Hmmmmm,alright. Quit your bitchin' fuckers! It's great,and you fucks will love it in a couple years!

All this moaning,and bitching is fucking pathetic!

Here,here Gazza! Greatest fucking rock and roll band ever! 43 years later they still bring it! So fuck right off!

Riffhard

10 words or less Riffy, gotta be strict here. Next we'll get all these blind cheerleaders writing 10-pages-posts again
September 11th, 2005 12:11 AM
exile
quote:
Gazza wrote:
"The world's greatest rock n roll band. So fuck off!"

A Bigger Bang FUCKING Rocks.

This is finally the cd we've all been waiting for! Rockers, ballads, blues, slide guitar, LESS KEYBOARDS and great vocals!

And thanks to whoever thinks that Mick carries the band when various members of the band CHECK Out for any number of reasons!

Mick carried the band throughout this cd with Ronnie in rehab, Charlie very ill through much of the initial recordings, and Keith being the usual lackey.

This is a very solid, melodic, well-connected cd that flows well and kicks ass in the right places!
September 11th, 2005 01:36 AM
Zack I haven't heard it yet!

The record store is fucking me over -- they promised it to me on the 5th "or earlier" so I didn't preorder from Amazon. Sri Lankans have an annoying tendency to say "give me five minutes" when you ask for something. Now it's "give me a few weeks" and I'm officialy dying. Would some kind soul mail me MP3s of the tracks (except RJ, SOL, and BOMH)? I'm going to buy two copies once it arrives.

[email protected]

Many thanks in advance.
September 11th, 2005 11:07 AM
BlindLemon Great album. Best grooves in long time, some great blues-based rock, minimal mediocracy in spots.

shorter version:
Great album.
September 11th, 2005 11:14 AM
Nasty Habits Just another mad mad day on the road.
September 11th, 2005 12:12 PM
IanBillen
Direct, Simple, hard hitting, in-your-face Rock, Funk and a touch of blues.

Ian
September 11th, 2005 12:30 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Ten words:

A great comeback, it passes the DD&H test with honors

September 11th, 2005 12:35 PM
egon
quote:
Gazza wrote:
"The world's greatest rock n roll band. So fuck off!"

September 11th, 2005 01:24 PM
Taptrick
Fantastic, will be recoginized alongside classic catalogue in 50 years.
September 11th, 2005 01:26 PM
Taptrick To paraphrase Mick from years ago, "...there will always be a market for bands with guys who have good looking hair cuts..."

[Edited by Taptrick]
September 11th, 2005 01:31 PM
Col Nae bad
September 11th, 2005 01:34 PM
Col .........but clearly over-rated.
September 11th, 2005 05:16 PM
star star the rockers are juicy.
September 11th, 2005 07:02 PM
Poplar
good songs... several of which are well played.

September 11th, 2005 07:04 PM
Moonisup good album, with high and some low, very low points
September 11th, 2005 07:36 PM
stonedinaustralia on balance i like it

a bit disappointed with keith's songs which are usually the highlight for me - where's my tear jerker cry in your beer country ballad or the swaggering rocker

LIND - my pick of the bunch so far - and while SOL has some cringe worthy lyrics - it does have the album's strongest hook - those "I - I - I"s

one thing - too much material - the rise of the CD has been bad for music in my view - just beciuse you can release 80 mins of music - doesn't mean you have to - not only the stones who are guilty of this

the demise of the 40 min. vinyl LP was a sad thing for rock and roll - quanity now takes precedence over quality

another thing - micks vocals too far up in the mix for my taste

and another thing - charlie is STILL the best rock and roll drummer in the world

more than 10 words I know but there you go

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
September 12th, 2005 02:17 AM
Child of the Moon Ten words:

This fucker is growing on me! I love the Stones!
September 12th, 2005 04:21 AM
exile
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
on balance i like it

So do you like it better than B2B or VL?

September 12th, 2005 08:16 AM
PartyDoll MEG Blessed with "NEW" Stones-Better than most s%#t out there!!!
September 12th, 2005 12:25 PM
T&A i can't believe how many among us can't even fucking count to 10....
September 12th, 2005 12:28 PM
moy orgasmik
September 12th, 2005 12:54 PM
DAVINO All the people who bitch and complain about a groups efforts ARE NOT TRUE FANS. The album is really good, I've listened to it several times, if you don't like it, then don't listen to it.
September 12th, 2005 01:26 PM
69 Chevy Worth $9.99. I play it loud and often!
September 12th, 2005 02:29 PM
Jumping Jack Excellent. STONES RULE YOU BASTARDS!!!
September 12th, 2005 04:16 PM
gimmekeef Great I dont care if no one else likes it.(10 exactly..so there!...lmao)
September 12th, 2005 04:53 PM
Tom Only 2 words

FUCKING GREAT
September 13th, 2005 02:20 AM
Zack Short.
September 13th, 2005 03:05 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
exile wrote:

So do you like it better than B2B or VL?

well in a way i do - mostly because it is pretty much just the band - VL and B2B have some songs i might like more or as much as some on ABB - but the sound on the album is so much better - some tracks e.g. ONNYA really do sound like they could have been on Some Girls

and the energy of theh palying is, inmo, better than the other two - proabably because the tracks weren't mixed to death

what about you??
September 13th, 2005 09:22 AM
Jair Wandering Spirit vol 2, not so good as the 1.
September 13th, 2005 05:17 PM
Fadeout_Freedom My Hand Won't Take Long Oh No Coming Too Fast
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)