ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Poncho Rico
With thanks to Irina and Lucía :)

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Do U still listen to Goddess in the Doorway? Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-12-03 10:21 AM
Sir Stonesalot FG!

Yeah, I have a wall of CDs & CDRs in my basement room.

Alphabetized by artist. Official releases first, unofficial recordings after. Each artist arranged chronologoically, earliest realease to most recent. Yes, it's anal retentive...but it's also the only way I could find anything quickly.

I have outgrown my current storage means though. I gotta build more shelves.

I have nothing on my Uncle John though. He is in the 20-25,000 range. He has better inventory than many music stores that I have been to. No, I'm not kidding. Ask FPM.
09-12-03 10:26 AM
Joey " Yes, it's anal retentive...but it's also the only way I could find anything quickly. "

Never say , " Anal Retentive " to the Jercee !

The Jercee !
09-12-03 10:31 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
He is in the 20-25,000 range.

Like Gene Simmons said on Rock and Roll All Nite...

"You show us everything you've got, baby baby that's quite a lot!"
09-12-03 10:36 AM
Factory Girl Sir Stonesy! So, you do use wall units? Are they easy to built yourself? What will you do when your collection outgrows your basement? Will you use a second room?

I'm asking, b/c I need more room for my gear. When I move to house/townhouse, I plan to designate a room.
09-12-03 10:37 AM
Sir Stonesalot Kiss sucks.

Kiss would give my CDs & CDRs cooties.

If you think it's hard decootifying 3700, think how hard it would be to deecootify 25,000.
09-12-03 10:41 AM
steel driving hammer KISS does suck.

But all in all, their worth a Deuce.

Deecootify - I like that.
09-12-03 10:47 AM
Sir Stonesalot FG...I store them in 2 5 shelf book cases, a 500 disc DJ crate, and a shelf.

I'm going to get rid of that stuff and custom build shelves. The sad part is that I will be giving up wall space for my Stones stuff. But there is just no other way. I already have a stack of about 50 discs that I have no place to store. I'm off next weekend, so maybe I'll hit Lowes and build me some serious shelves.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
09-12-03 10:49 AM
Boomy No. In fact, I just took "Wandering Spirit" out of my 60 disc CD changer. I like Evening Gown (very good) and Wired All night a little, but the album is not worth my time.

I think that he has some decent songs, but overall I hate Stone's solo records. It's almost as if Mick wanted to be the next Phil Collins.

09-12-03 05:12 PM
icydanger solo albums
playing with other artists....
whats wrong with that?

music is open art
Creation

mick keith played with others,,, tosh, krawitz, bowie,

Goddess,,,
imao,
the quality of the sounhd the arrangements are better then on 40 licks
09-12-03 05:35 PM
Nasty Habits Too Far Gone has made it onto a couple of personal compilation CDs of mine. Best song on the album, and like one more draft through the lyrics and it would be a masterpiece. One more of his numbers that is unfortunately added to the "Man, if he would just keep this stuff for the Stones . . ." pile.
09-12-03 06:47 PM
glencar I've been looking around for it lately but seem to have misplaced it. I like it more than any other solo Jagger work. And Steel Driving Hammer is correct: Don't Stop is better than anything on GITD but the other three 40 Licks songs fall short.
09-12-03 09:15 PM
Some Guy glencar keep looking, I finally found mine it was in the small cd tower. try looking there.
09-12-03 09:26 PM
glencar Nah, I think Joshy stole it as part of his upcoming divorce settlement.
09-12-03 10:47 PM
Some Guy Is he trying to do a George Micheal type of pose on the cover?
09-12-03 10:56 PM
BILL PERKS DANCIN IN THE STARLIGHT,GODDESS,AND LUCKY DAY ALL HAVE STRONG GROOVES AND ARE WELL PLAYED BUT THE LYRICS ARE ABYSMAL.HOW CAN YOU WRITE MOTHERS LITTLE HELPER AT 23 AND HAVE NOTHING TOPICAL TO SAY AT 59?
09-13-03 09:47 AM
marko You have forgotten song blue!
I found nice shelf for cdīs,from ikea,,but i had to fix it
a bit,,,so thats suitable for my stones cdīs.I must buy
another one.
Page: 1 2