ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Poncho Rico
With thanks to Irina and Lucía :)

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BACK TO THE USA??? Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-04-03 06:52 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Yeah, what the hell. Let Charlie be Charlie. The man is 62, right? Would you want to be up there for two hours, drumming your little arms out every night if you would be long-retired if you'd made that much money in any other profession? He loves it, you can see he's had a great time this tour, but I think he'll be very happy to sit down and have some time to relax instead of being ferried from one hotel to another.

He's not quitting the band, he's not retiring, he just wants some time off.

I *am* glad to see Keith, Ronnie and Mick in agreement on *something* for once.

I just feel bad for all the folks who *didn't* get to see them.

-tSYX --- Pool hall Richard, kid, you're wicked, we know...
09-04-03 07:02 PM
Boomy I think they should stop touring after the Hong Kong shows. They need a break.
09-05-03 12:25 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! Why should they tour the states with the same show again, shit give the guys a fucking break they've been on the road for a year now. Next fall, a new album and tour, bet'cha! As usual jb knows it all. Mr. Negative never fails to ruffle feathers.
09-05-03 09:45 AM
Boomy If they tour next time without a new album, that would be a real disappointment.
[Edited by Boomy]
09-05-03 11:29 AM
Boomy Hey jb, according to your sources, are the Stones coming back to the US, recording a new album, bringing back Mick Taylor, dropping Chuck, dropping ticket prices, playing at smaller markets, planning to play "High and Dry", and releasing a box set full of rarities, both studio and live???
09-06-03 12:44 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Here we have roostag, just a drummer in a rock and roll band and Roosterette to confirm that Charlie is not afraid of the fans

09-06-03 04:12 AM
Gazza the cool thing about THAT photo is that CHARLIE actually went over to ROOSTER and asked HIM if he wanted to pose for a photo.....

Rooster = such a cool guy even the Rolling Stones ask to be in a photo with him....
09-06-03 11:07 AM
Highwire Rob That is such a cool photo--Charlie is just beaming!

By the way, was he waiting for his drum kit to come off the luggage carousel?
09-06-03 07:25 PM
glencar That's funny that Charlie is in that section of the airport! Must have gone coach!
09-06-03 08:17 PM
Prodigal Son jb, come on. Quit reminding us how the Stones have become complete shadows of their former selves and have been on a downward slope for 10 years, or 20, or whatever. Every time some other huge artist is mentioned, you don't have to remind us how much bigger it will be. Talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you say so, it will come to be. Their mission in life is not to coincide with all your wishes. Although in some ways I agree that the Stones are having troubles sustaining popularity and power of the previous four-piece unit they once were. And, IMO, the only way to curb it is a great album, sans recycled "You Got Me Rocking," lovestruck ballads and techno/rap remixes. Follow that with a tour that uses backup singers and horn sections only occasionally so it's not like Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band up there (a comparision sure to annoy jb). Let's go back to the basics of pre-1983 where the rockers were still fresh and unique, the love ballads were great like "No Use in Crying" and the closest thing to rap was "Undercover of the Night" or "Shattered."
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
09-06-03 09:07 PM
littleredrooster No, Charlie was in the British Airways "Club Europe" section with the Roostah.
COACH???....NO WAY!

He did not eat his poached salmon salad and did not return his "hot, refreshing towel" to the airline flight attendant!

I was watching it closely, it was soaked with Charlie sweat!

Roostah
09-08-03 08:54 PM
littleredrooster This thread deserves to LIVE!!
09-08-03 09:02 PM
telecaster
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
This thread deserves to LIVE!!

Nice pic rooster. I am envious

Mick stayed at my old bosses house for a couple days in Chicago and I used to work out in a little office in his back yard. I saw Jerry walking around alot but Mick never emerged when I was there.

Keith stayed at his house in LA in 72-75 as well

I have some cool photos from my boss that I will try and provide

Congrats!
09-09-03 05:02 PM
littleredrooster I'd love to see those photos TELE!
09-09-03 05:10 PM
steel driving hammer Thats the reason to only cheer loud and long when Charlie is introduced on stage.

Charlie has it in him for another tour.

Great pic Roostah!

Pretty woman too!
09-09-03 05:20 PM
Joey Yeah , but if they DO come back to the states , don't look for another gig at the United Center .

Hell , they barely filled up the last couple of shows there ....................

Jack the Y !
09-09-03 07:58 PM
littleredrooster The UC acoustics are pretty BAD!!

It will be ONE year since the UC show in CHI!!!

Sept 10, 2002!
Page: 1 2