ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
Ian, Bobby and Rogerriffin - Mexico City
© and special thanks to Tzonistac!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Blair to quit w/in a year. Return to archive Page: 1 2
7th September 2006 08:28 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
My comment has absolutly nothing to do with Blair's domestic policies. On that score I must resign myself from comment because I know nothing of his domestic agenda. However,as he is labour I would well imagine that he too has some rather strong liberal leanings,and for that I too would disagree with him.

However,the fact that he recognizes the the true threat of radical Islam he wins my support every time. It is on that subject alone that I admire the man.

Had the Conservatives been in power they would have reacted much the same way. They have much more in common with the Republican party than Labour has. To me, each is as ineffective as the other.

His recognition of the 'true threat of radical Islam' in his foreign policy seems strangely at odds with that of his domestic policy, for example on illegal immigration and a half arsed 'crackdown' on the sort of loony Muslim clerics who seem to be able to preach hate with impunity.

Domestically, he's been a disaster. All spin and no substance.

[Edited by Gazza]
7th September 2006 08:49 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Had the Conservatives been in power they would have reacted much the same way. They have much more in common with the Republican party than Labour has.

Thats ironicalism because conservatives in the U.S. have nothing in common with the Republican party.
7th September 2006 08:53 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Had the Conservatives been in power they would have reacted much the same way. They have much more in common with the Republican party than Labour has. To me, each is as bad as the other.

His recognition of the 'true threat of radical Islam' in his foreign policy seems strangely at odds with that of his domestic policy, particularly on illegal immigration. Domestically, he's been a disaster.

You just nailed an issue that many here are also pissd about. We have a major immigation problem,and yet neither party wants to tackle the subject because they are afraid of alienating(no pun intended) the Latino vote. Should a terrorist sneak across the US/Mexican border and detonate a WMD all this pansy assed pandering will be forgotten straight away. Of course,by that time it will be too late.

Take a good look at many European countries and their own struggle with the immigration of muslims from North Africa and Arab countries. They are scared shitless that they have an insurgency problem of their own,and they do! In France's case we saw it blow up right in their faces. This patronizing bullshit about haveing a dialouge with these people is pointless. Their goals are very clear. No time for a bunch of Nevilles these days. You can not negotiate with people that would rather die for their religious convictions than allow you to live with yours.

Riffy
7th September 2006 09:24 PM
Stray Cat UK
Yes ,I know Blair is Scottish BUT his seat isn't.
Nothing against the Scots,but the system is now completely unfair. If you want independence,then let's break up the UK and pay for yourselves. Ditto Wales. If not,SHUT UP !

If you think he is soft on terror/immigration,wait until these old Labour Brownites or "cuddly" Camerons get into power. We are fucking doomed.

Britianistan here we come.
Too many Daily Mail readers here . I'm off,never to return to a political thread. It's all so depressing.

I'm off back to Rock n' roll.

sc uk
7th September 2006 09:33 PM
glencar Blair will be missed! Seems like one of the great leaders.
7th September 2006 09:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
,wait until these old Labour Brownites or "cuddly" Camerons get into power. We are fucking doomed.

Britianistan here we come.
Too many Daily Mail readers here .

If you mean me, you must be fucking joking, mate. Like I said, all as bad as each other. Like you, I've no confidence in any of the possible 'alternatives' either
7th September 2006 09:37 PM
glencar Britainistan is already there from what I could see.
8th September 2006 03:24 AM
Dick Bush
quote:
glencar wrote:
Britainistan is already there from what I could see.

He jus' got fucked.

8th September 2006 11:11 AM
glencar Didn't help him...
9th September 2006 10:22 AM
Dick Bush
quote:
glencar wrote:
Didn't help him...

It didn't help you either
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)