ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby
Madison Square Garden, NYC - September 13, 2005
© Throbby Thanks a lot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THIS NFL CROSS-PROMO IS EMBARRASSING!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 8th, 2005 08:19 PM
jcdesq I am watching them play "Start Me Up" yet again, with the scenes from the NFL playing on the scene in the background, and them deleting the word "cum" from the song. What rebels. The Stones have entered the realm of the ridiculous. Nothing could be farther away from the gritty blues and smaller venues they SHOULD be playing. The Stones sold out long ago, but this is the first time I am really embarrassed. I bet they play "Rough Justice" next.

In related news, many years ago, I knew a guy in college that used to masturbate into tissues. Then he would take the tissue and put it into a plastic bag inside a duffle bag. He did this crazy thing hundreds of times. Then, in the winter, he left the duffle bag next to the radiator by accident, which ended up burning into the duffle and melting the plastic cum bag. Anyway, the resulting stench was more horrible than the smell coming from under Fat Domino's ball sac on Day 4 of the Hurricane Katria relief "effort." The guy with the bag of seamens name?--Chuck Lavelle.
September 8th, 2005 08:24 PM
jcdesq "Rough Justice" what a surprise! They bleeped the word "cocks," even if it was just used in the context of a metaphor. Do you think Mick gave ABC creative control? Is Keith Richards working for Disney?

I think Keith fell down at the end of the song.

September 8th, 2005 08:25 PM
Bloozehound didnt mick say, this is going to be a great "fuckin" season
September 8th, 2005 08:26 PM
White House Lawn The only thing that's embarassing is the MIX! We've heard this performance and it sounds great "live," so WHO TURNED THE FUCKING GUITARS DOWN FOR THE TV BROADCAST????????
September 8th, 2005 08:31 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
White House Lawn wrote:
The only thing that's embarassing is the MIX! We've heard this performance and it sounds great "live," so WHO TURNED THE FUCKING GUITARS DOWN FOR THE TV BROADCAST????????

thinking the same, saw ronnie scratching around with that slide, but heard nothing
September 8th, 2005 08:32 PM
jcdesq I thought he said "football." I hope he said "fuckin'."

By the way, Ronnie looks great, Charlie looks great. Mick looks OK, Keith looks decrepit and puffy.
September 8th, 2005 08:33 PM
Saint Sway well the one good thing you can say is that at least they didnt bring Justin Timberlake out onstage with them.

so thats an improvement.

baby steps...
September 8th, 2005 08:36 PM
Bloozehound they could of at least played a real Stones song
September 8th, 2005 08:44 PM
White House Lawn It sounds like Karaoke! All right, I've changed my mind and I'm throwin'in the towel--THIS TOUR IS A BUST!!!!!!

(Just kidding)
September 8th, 2005 09:13 PM
jb Funny. I thought they sounded great..OZZY was fucking Lip singing!!!
September 8th, 2005 09:14 PM
White House Lawn Hmmmm--might have been my home theater set-up. I could barely hear any guitars!
September 8th, 2005 09:18 PM
Bitch START ME UP "You make a dead man BLEEP"

ROUGH JUSTICE "I'm just one of your BLEEP"

aren't come and cocks legal words? I mean they're not one of the forbidden seven that can't be said on the radio. What's up with that??

NFL & RS seems good to me! The more STONES the better.
September 8th, 2005 09:20 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
Funny. I thought they sounded great..OZZY was fucking Lip singing!!!

You're getting more mature. Say, you know what idea I had today? During those video montages of all that Katrina damage they oughta use SOL as the soundtrack song. You know, "Streets full of tears..." Whatcha thinking, Joshy? One disaster as the soundtrack for another disaster?
September 8th, 2005 09:21 PM
jb They had to delete it...we all remember Janet Jackson's tit...they are afraid of Nazi like FCC.......but the Stones were head and shoulders the best .....Greenday is O.K., but highly overrated.
September 8th, 2005 09:23 PM
glencar Greenday seems to do better with ballads. I haven't watched the show yet but I taped it. Are the Stones on at the start, the end or all through?
September 8th, 2005 09:25 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Greenday seems to do better with ballads. I haven't watched the show yet but I taped it. Are the Stones on at the start, the end or all through?

Beginning and middle...........
September 8th, 2005 09:28 PM
glencar Thanks. I'll save it for Sunday. I must pack & take care of last minute stuff before leaving for the big town tomorrow.
September 8th, 2005 09:33 PM
White House Lawn Better to get bleeped than to change your lyrics! : )
September 8th, 2005 09:47 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
jb wrote:
Funny. I thought they sounded great

I didn't hear shit guitar-wize, maybe they shoulda played a real Stones song
September 8th, 2005 11:15 PM
Nellcote Get with the program, here in the home of the Home Of The Champions, The Stones are getting major High Fives!
Hire Chris Robinson for water bottle duty!
Yes Mr. Jagger, whatever you say Mr. Jagger.
Need a towel Mr Jagger?
Ronnie, can I replace your slide?
Heard that slide in surround sound stereo, it gets the Wicked Pissa...
All of you 80's converts, It's Rough Justice For Ya....
September 9th, 2005 08:38 AM
gimmekeef I found it lame.If they're goin pull an Ed Sullivan and allow bleeps then dont do it!...Scariest thing is if we're outsold by that no talent prick grabbin asshole Kanye with the insipid turntable guy at the end!!!!What was that shit!!...And what about the fake arm wavers in front of Santana or Ozzie's pathetic lip synch job.And then the Toby Keith stuff later...geeeshhh..Just play the game and forget the bullshit...Other than that it was great!
September 9th, 2005 08:40 AM
glencar Ozzie looked horrible as his vocal track was ahead of his lip synching.
September 9th, 2005 08:44 AM
charlotte but Charlie played the shit out of those drums...5star performance as always Charles
September 9th, 2005 05:41 PM
Gazza The show was broadcast here this evening

Awful programme and the censoring of the Stones' performances was on our broadcast too - so I guess we got the original ABC edit. Shit, that announcer is one annoying twat. Is his wife deaf or is he just not allowed to talk in the house?

That said, I didnt hear any censorship on "Start me up". Maybe I missed it, but they just didnt sing the "dead man cum" line - so maybe a different line was dubbed in?

How embarrassing for the Stones to be associated with such nonsense. What year is this? 1905? How can anyone be threatened by a word that has been played every time the song has been broadcast for 24 years?

Agree with what was said about the guitars. Did ABC decide they were a threat to society as well?

Oh, and I managed to stick about 30 seconds of Kanye West. THAT is going to be #1 this week ? Christ, and you guys rip the piss out of us for our nation's bad taste in music?
[Edited by Gazza]
September 9th, 2005 05:42 PM
pdog Ozzy was lip synched...
September 9th, 2005 05:49 PM
Phog Everything on the show was lip-synched except Kanye West, Maroon 5, and the Stones.
September 9th, 2005 05:52 PM
pdog Ozzy is a bust!
So sad, he fronted Black Sabbath and is now a parody of himself.
September 9th, 2005 11:32 PM
White House Lawn Maroon 5 = Moron 5
September 9th, 2005 11:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
Phog wrote:
Everything on the show was lip-synched except Kanye West, Maroon 5, and the Stones.

even Santana?
September 10th, 2005 06:48 AM
Phog Gazza, I missed most of Santana's set. I may owe Carlos an apology, but I don't think so. Everything in the kickoff show that happened in Boston was choreographed to a tee.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)