ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby
Madison Square Garden, NYC - September 13, 2005
© Throbby Thanks a lot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THIS NFL CROSS-PROMO IS EMBARRASSING!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 10th, 2005 08:58 AM
72Tele Yeah nice job on the bleeping of the word "COCK". A milla second after they bleeped it my ten year old son who has heard the song many times around the house says " what does cock mean anyway?". I explained that in this case it means rooster but in other cases it may be used as slang for penis! I did explain that he need not add that version of "cock" to his expanding vocabulary. Its really getting embarrassing to be an American! So ironic that we are at war with religious zealots and being run by religious zealots. Don't blame me I didn't vote for the asshole.

As for the Stones and the NFL cross promo defiantly a total cringe moment in my house.

By the way ABB is a average post 81'Stones record at best and below average post A.D. "anybody" record. Between Micks lyrics and his singing style after tens or so spins I would rather hear hogs mate. Total contrived bullshit.
September 10th, 2005 09:04 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! >>>they could of at least played a real Stones song<<<<<

And "Start Me UP" is not a real Stones song? They just happen to play it at every football game in every U.S city on any given Sunday. When it's kickoff time, Start Me Up and I'll never stop!

>>How embarrassing for the Stones to be associated with such nonsense. What year is this? 1905? How can anyone be threatened by a word that has been played every time the song has been broadcast for 24 years?<<<

Do you think The Stones actually give a shit if it’s censored or not? Yes, it pathetic that ABC or the NFL did this, but it’s prime time TV with kids watching so you have to consider that too. Can’t you just hear the little 10 year old girl turning to her daddy and saying “ Dad what’s a cock?”

September 10th, 2005 09:07 AM
Nellcote It's all about the Benjamins, brothers & sisters.
Enjoy the ride, it's going to end someday...
September 10th, 2005 09:14 AM
72Tele "Can’t you just hear the little 10 year old girl turning to her daddy and saying “ Dad what’s a cock?”"

Shows how stupid you are. Read my post bleeping it had the opposite effect.

September 10th, 2005 09:38 AM
exile
quote:
72Tele wrote:
Its really getting embarrassing to be an American! So ironic that we are at war with religious zealots and being run by religious zealots. Don't blame me I didn't vote for the asshole.

I lived in the states for a short time (6 months) However I am puzzled why you can show images of people getting shot, killed, beaten to death on TV in the states....but you cant show a pair of Tits on TV.

I know what Id rather be watching.
September 10th, 2005 12:46 PM
Gazza >And "Start Me UP" is not a real Stones song? They just happen to play it at every football game in every U.S city on any given Sunday. When it's kickoff time, Start Me Up and I'll never stop!

yeah so if its OK for "every football game in every city" how come its a threat to civilisation when played at a televised concert

>Do you think The Stones actually give a shit if it’s censored or not?

If they have any balls, then they should.

>Yes, it pathetic that ABC or the NFL did this, but it’s prime time TV with kids watching so you have to consider that too. Can’t you just hear the little 10 year old girl turning to her daddy and saying “ Dad what’s a cock?”

easily explained by the fact that the line in question is a double entendre and follows a line about a rooster. As if a ten year old is going to be listening closely anyway. And by bleeping it out, its going to draw more attention, as said above
September 10th, 2005 01:09 PM
Bloozehound I was a bit surprised when they bleeped out the word cock, pretty silly in my book, but I was way more offended by the weakass guitars more than anything, I mean come on this is the Stones NFL debut let turn it up

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)