ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Lour!
Bradley Center, Milwaukee - 8th September 2005
© 2005 Tom Lynn with special thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 6th, 2005 05:50 PM
pdog Infamy is GREAT!
September 6th, 2005 06:01 PM
nankerphelge It is - but it sounds like a funked up Thru and Thru -- I bet you could sing the Thru and Thru lyrics to Infamy without missing a beat!
September 6th, 2005 06:11 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

You shall NOT be greeted !!!!!

Word!
September 6th, 2005 06:23 PM
Moonisup just look at nearness at OLYMPIA in 2003. I, and my friends stood there with tears in our eyes. He really sung that song GREAT, also T&T, and other ballads.
How can I stop is one of the best songs on Btb, great guitarplaying too, by the heart!
the only keith song I really dislike is Infamy, I really think it's awfull. He should sung you win again, that's a great song that he recorded, and it was already great on Place pigalle. Keith is a crooner nowadays

Rik
September 6th, 2005 06:38 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
just look at nearness at OLYMPIA in 2003. I, and my friends stood there with tears in our eyes. He really sung that song GREAT, also T&T, and other ballads.
How can I stop is one of the best songs on Btb, great guitarplaying too, by the heart!
the only keith song I really dislike is Infamy, I really think it's awfull. He should sung you win again, that's a great song that he recorded, and it was already great on Place pigalle. Keith is a crooner nowadays

Rik

Rik, m'boy, couldn't agree with you more. Olympia you said? Yeah, remember that vaguely .

Although I don't see anything wrong with crooners per se.

Then again, I like singers to sound unconventional. Just look at the majority (apart from Mick) of my CD collection. Billy Corgan? Chris Robinson? Roger Waters? David Bowie? Adam Duritz? Jeff Buckley? Stef Kamil Carlens? Tom Barman? Robert Smith? Mark Chadwick? Ian Curtis? Howlin' Wolf? Keith Richards? I'll take 'em all.

And I still think Infamy sounds like crap, esp. as an album closer, I think it's blasphemous, Driving TF would have been perfect to go out with a Bang. Maybe I will change my mind after hearing it live, but as that won't be for another year, by then that dislike will have settled itself deep into my system I'm afraid .
September 6th, 2005 06:53 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Then again, I like singers to sound unconventional. Just look at the majority (apart from Mick) of my CD collection. Billy Corgan? Chris Robinson? Roger Waters? David Bowie? Adam Duritz? Jeff Buckley? Stef Kamil Carlens? Tom Barman? Robert Smith? Mark Chadwick? Ian Curtis? Howlin' Wolf? Keith Richards? I'll take 'em all.

exactly. Someone like Keith who has "soul" and a "unique voice" moves me more than pure singers like Freddie Mercury or Robert Plant or whoever it is that people consider to be great singers.

give me real voices like Keith, Woody, Neil Young, Rick Danko, Levon Helm, Bob Dylan, Jeff Tweedy, Fogerty, Jay Farrer, Steve Earle, Springsteen etc.... yeah, give me those weathered souls like that who wear their emotions on their sleeves and sing from the heart than any perfect pitch singer. I much prefer more R&R served up with a big heaping helping of world weary blue eyed soul.
September 6th, 2005 06:55 PM
Surround Sister The loudest wins?
COunt the postings: most people here seem to
like Keith´s singing much.
So do I.
We hear Mick all the time. Give the boy a rest.
And try to hear the intensity in keith´s voice:
it isnt acted, like Mick´s voice almost always is.

But I want to hear more Glimmer Twins-sing-together!
September 6th, 2005 07:17 PM
sammy davis jr. Used to like Keith's vocals- but don't like either song on the new record. This Place is Empty just blows as a song- it's horrible. And what really annoys me is the vocal affectation Keith has been using since around Losing My Touch. That wierd way he finishes words. It's just silly.
September 6th, 2005 07:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:

Will they release a special edition without the keith songs?

yes, it'll be just after they release the special edition without "sweet neocon" to be sold exclusively in 'red' states

Watch out for them both in your Christmas stocking!
September 6th, 2005 08:23 PM
quackenbush After I popped "A Bigger Bang" into my cd player, Keith's were the first songs I listened to.
September 6th, 2005 09:13 PM
KeithRichardsWife I think keith's voice is sexy when he sings
September 6th, 2005 09:20 PM
ShesARainbow I absolutely love Keith's voice. So much emotion. Yep, the man's got soul...
September 6th, 2005 09:54 PM
Soldatti Just hear TPIE, his voice is incredible.
September 6th, 2005 11:46 PM
rollmops "This place is empty" is very good to me. The voice is well recorded. Keith is like Sinatra in a way. He does his own thing, he has his own style. He does not follow the rules. He is himself. May be for some of us that translates into "It is crap". Not for me. I like how wicked keith sounds. Keith and Tom Waits are on the same level. Fuck up voices but they have something original in it. That being said I believe that "Infamy" sounds like it has been recorded in only one or two takes. It's to thin.
I love Keith.
Rock and roll, mops
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)