ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Lour!
Bradley Center, Milwaukee - 8th September 2005
© 2005 Tom Lynn with special thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 6th, 2005 04:20 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Having just bought the Rolling Stones first studio album in 8 years. I was like a kid at christmas walking home from the record shop with my newly purchased piece of musical history. However, my excitement was dulled by the fact that I knew Keith was singing on the album, not just once but twice.

The man cant sing and he hasnt been able to for a long time. Keiths songs on Rolling Stones album annoy me. Because no matter how long I listen, I just think they are crap. And this album is no exception.

Will they release a special edition without the keith songs?
September 6th, 2005 04:25 AM
Branko Kieth sings "cocaine" on Acoustic Motherfuckers sooooo well. He gets so into it, he thinks he's a cowboy or something. It's amazing.
September 6th, 2005 04:28 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Might have to give it a listen.
What do you think about the stones stuff he does though?
September 6th, 2005 04:34 AM
Branko
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Might have to give it a listen.
What do you think about the stones stuff he does though?

Personally his stuff is pretty dodgey to me. I agree that he can't sing very well and I woul much rather Jagger sing anything he wants to sing.
September 6th, 2005 05:22 AM
FotiniD I love the way Keith sings. He might not be hitting the correct La's or Si's or whatever, but he delivers it with soul and who said that a performance has to be squicky clean-perfect to be good?
September 6th, 2005 05:59 AM
Voodoo Scrounge No one said it had to be squeaky clean. Many stars including Jagger have carved out fantastic careers without being the greatest of singers.

But when you sound like you are on your deathbed, you should consider leaving it to jagger
September 6th, 2005 06:19 AM
egon it's not bad, but if you compair it to his solo stuff
(from years ago), you definitely notice a huge difference
September 6th, 2005 06:23 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I agree, he sounds terrible these days. I also believe he had a good voice a few years back.
September 6th, 2005 06:42 AM
Zack You get the first new full-length Stones album in eight years and all you can say about it is to rag on Keith's voice? A little dose of Keef-vocal has been an important ingredient in the Stones' alchemy on record since Let It Bleed (bar SF and IORR). I personally think that something would be missing if there were no Keith singing.

While we're at it, let's bitch about Dylan too. What a shit voice. He should give it up.
September 6th, 2005 06:47 AM
egon but that's just it; keef's voice ain't what it used to be
and that's not a good thing. i started to go really wrong
in the 90s
September 6th, 2005 06:55 AM
Voodoo Scrounge We get our first album in 8 years and I regret to say that it wouldnt be a bad album if you cut out keiths songs. They are shit
September 6th, 2005 07:16 AM
SirMuddy Hi... been a long time off - only reading
It make me sick to see ya bitching Keith
He's no rock'n'roll freakin' shit
Keith is real
He sang what he want
and that's what I wanna ear
If you don't wanna hear the Stones searching for the grail at 62... don't buy it and shut up
Yeah they're old men
And you know why they're 2 keith song on the album?
cause Mick know it's fucking good
cause he know it gave the album deep deep feeling...
This album is a great one
and thankx Keith to be so fuckin'real
It's seems that there's some neo cons among rock fans too!

And BTW Hi everybody!
Jah bless yaaall
many many many things for ya in my pc VOODOOCHILE
Keep faith!
And Loose your heart!
ONE LOVE
September 6th, 2005 07:35 AM
Voodoo Scrounge What?
September 6th, 2005 07:36 AM
SirMuddy =)
September 6th, 2005 07:52 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Nobody said anything bad about them being old men or anything like that.
We were soaying that keith sounds like shit on this ablum and has done for years now.
Some may say that the croaking rough voice of keith gives the record character. I dont. I think it ruins an otherwise excelent album
September 6th, 2005 08:35 AM
Gazza
quote:
egon wrote:
but that's just it; keef's voice ain't what it used to be
and that's not a good thing. i started to go really wrong
in the 90s

personally, I think his voice has got better. Especially onstage. Up until 1989 he would barely sing into the mike.

Comin Down Again, Before they make me run, Thru and thru, Slipping away and the 3 on BTB are amongst the highlights of those particular albums and the ones Ive omitted are good too. I'm not sold on Infamy as yet but This Place Is Empty is glorious. Goes without saying that Mick is technically a better singer, but Keith has a world weary soulfulness in his voice that suits certain songs better than Jagger's. If I was concerned about technical ability to sing to the exclusion of feeling, I'd be buying fucking Pavarotti records and not Bob Dylan, Tom waits or Keith richards
September 6th, 2005 08:41 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Zack wrote:
You get the first new full-length Stones album in eight years and all you can say about it is to rag on Keith's voice? A little dose of Keef-vocal has been an important ingredient in the Stones' alchemy on record since Let It Bleed (bar SF and IORR). I personally think that something would be missing if there were no Keith singing.

While we're at it, let's bitch about Dylan too. What a shit voice. He should give it up.

quote:
Gazza wrote:

personally, I think his voice has got better. Especially onstage. Up until 1989 he would barely sing into the mike.

Comin Down Again, Before they make me run, Thru and thru, Slipping away and the 3 on BTB are amongst the highlights of those particular albums and the ones Ive omitted are good too. I'm not sold on Infamy as yet but This Place Is Empty is glorious. Goes without saying that Mick is technically a better singer, but Keith has a world weary soulfulness in his voice that suits certain songs better than Jagger's. If I was concerned about technical ability to sing to the exclusion of feeling, I'd be buying fucking Pavarotti records and not Bob Dylan, Tom waits or Keith richards

Word. Don't have much to add.
Keith delivers his songs with soul and for me, that's what matters most when it comes to singing.
Then of course there are the people who take their beer / loo breaks when Keith's turn comes to sing. It's a matter of taste I suppose, but if you can't appreciate what Keith and his part in the Stones mean, then I'm not that sure you can appreciate the Stones as a whole.
September 6th, 2005 10:02 AM
gimmekeef So much threading here gets bogged down about what is essentially personal preference.I love Keith but dont particularly think these 2 new songs are that strong.But one newspaper reviewer in Toronto stated Infamy was the best on the disc.So I guess what I find exciting is the wide range of opinions about ABB....
September 6th, 2005 11:13 AM
Navin Ron Wood has a "good voice" - even better than Keith or Dylan, its a pity they never let him sing on the Stones albums. Check out 'Slide on This' or 'Gimme some Neck' - classicks!!
September 6th, 2005 11:18 AM
Gimme Shelter Keith Rules!!
September 6th, 2005 01:19 PM
jb I agree..he simply should stop the singing as it really is a downer on the albums and particularly at the shows......
September 6th, 2005 01:23 PM
glencar I've heard him do Infamy in concert & it sounds really good. His voice is better than mine so I won't complain about his 2 songs on the new CD but I do feel like I've heard This Place Is Empty W/o You before...
September 6th, 2005 01:33 PM
Angiegirl Keith's songs dull your experience? Wow.

I adore 'This Place Is Empty', it's so sweet and heartfelt.
So are songs like Thru&Thru, How(e) Can I Stop, Coming Down Again, Little T&A, You Got The Silver, Before The Make Me Run, Wanna Hold You... etc!

Mick's singing voice is annoying too at times...

I do hate Infamy though, think it's a crappy filler, no way to end a good album, I restart the album each time after Driving Too Fast...
September 6th, 2005 01:34 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
but I do feel like I've heard This Place Is Empty W/o You before...

Well, that goes for every song on the album when you think about it
September 6th, 2005 01:40 PM
Saint Sway Keith Richards is my favorite singer.

I could listen to him sing the phone book.

the guy has soul!

he sounds torn and frayed when he sings. I love that.
September 6th, 2005 04:48 PM
KeithRichardsWife I love the way keith sings! How can you not??
September 6th, 2005 04:56 PM
The Volitan
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Having just bought the Rolling Stones first studio album in 8 years. I was like a kid at christmas walking home from the record shop with my newly purchased piece of musical history. However, my excitement was dulled by the fact that I knew Keith was singing on the album, not just once but twice.

The man cant sing and he hasnt been able to for a long time. Keiths songs on Rolling Stones album annoy me. Because no matter how long I listen, I just think they are crap. And this album is no exception.

Come on dude. His singin on Salt of the Earth is pretty sweet.
September 6th, 2005 05:01 PM
no night together I may say something about the songs sometimes, but not on keith's singing, unless we enter a boring tecnique discussion.
didn't enjoy a 90 minutes of his singing with xwinos, too much too long, I agree, but a couple of songs like coming down again, before they make me run, and connection are always welcome, live or on album.

and also ron's singing in "I've got my own album, or "Mahoney really amazes me.
September 6th, 2005 05:31 PM
gypsy
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
I love the way Keith sings. He might not be hitting the correct La's or Si's or whatever, but he delivers it with soul and who said that a performance has to be squicky clean-perfect to be good?

I agree with you, ROCC Sister. I love Keith's singing...he really EMOTES when he sings. He sometimes sounds a bit like Eric Clapton to me. I love the way he sings "The Worst." But I also enjoy his more recent songs.
September 6th, 2005 05:37 PM
Joey
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:

You shall NOT be greeted !!!!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)