ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the European Tour - Rai-Halle, Amsterdam - 9 October, 1970
By Henry Diltz - with special thanks to Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Firecracker stunt backfires on man (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-03-03 03:25 AM
fmk438j I had to post this because it happened only about 15 minutes drive from my house. This article was in the local paper.

Firecracker stunt backfires on man
September 3, 2003 - 4:04PM

A firecracker accident which left a 26-year-old man incontinent and unable to have sex has prompted warnings from police and health authorities about imitating stunts from the cult prankster film Jackass.

It is not known whether the Illawarra man had been imitating Jackass, in which men place firecrackers in their buttocks and fire them into the air.

They also stick toy cars up their buttocks, snort wasabi and apply electrical muscle stimulators to their genitals.

The movie carries a warning not to imitate the actions.

The man suffered a fractured pelvis and severe burns to his genital area after a firecracker exploded between the cheeks of his buttocks.

An ambulance was called to Dapto's Reed Park about 2.30am on August 10 after reports that the man was haemorrhaging from the buttocks. He was transported to Wollongong Hospital in a serious but stable condition, and he is expected to remain in hospital for several months.

The man suffered extensive injuries from the explosion and required emergency surgery. He now has a colostomy and a catheter, and is sexually dysfunctional.

He will be assessed by a colorectal surgeon to determine whether his injuries can be corrected.

Illawarra Health emergency surgeon Dr Robert McCurdie, who operated on the man when he was taken to Wollongong Hospital, likened the man's condition to "a war injury".

Dr McCurdie said he believed the man had stumbled while the firecracker was in his buttocks, and fell down on it.

"By virtue of the fact that the explosion was confined in an upward direction, it went up into his pelvis, blasted a great hole in the pelvis, ruptured the urethra, injured muscles in the floor of the pelvis which rendered him incontinent.

"His pelvis was also fractured," Dr McCurdie said.

He said he had never seen a similar injury to the genital area before.

"I have seen instances ... where people have tried to remove items from their rectum and rupture the sphincter muscles, but not anything like this," he said.

Dr McCurdie said young people were particularly susceptible to imitating movies like Jackass.

"I think films like that can influence people, particularly younger people," he said.

"Firecrackers really are quite dangerous. In years gone by, firecrackers were in common usage and people were always warned about how to use them. Now the authorities have taken over and public displays are common."

Acting Senior Sergeant John Klepczarek said police received reports every year about injuries caused by firecrackers, which are illegal in NSW.

While some injuries were minor, he said in some cases people received severe burns and fingers had been lost.

"The warnings are out there for a reason. People still have the mentality it won't happen to them, but it does," he said.

The danger with movies like Jackass, he said, was that some people were tempted to try the stunts at home.

"They're putting themselves at risk, and other people.

"We do caution people strongly against following these acts," he said.

Illawarra Mercury
09-03-03 09:14 AM
nankerphelge Well at least he won't be able to breed additional idiots!
09-03-03 09:54 AM
Joey " incontinent "

Now THAT worries me .

Great Howard Carter like find Nanky !

You are much loved by the Jercee !

Jercee !
09-03-03 10:12 AM
jb There is a n ice article about Johnny Knoxsville in my current issue of GQ. Seems like a rather nice guy.
Also, wearing sport coats and jeans seems to be fashionable again. I just bought a $995.00 Corleoni blue and grey wool pin stripped jacket at Saks and a pair of the newly issues Levi's "premium" button fly jeans for $148.00. I wore the jeans and jacket along with a magnificient white Brioni dress shirt($225.00) and Calvin Klein boot shoes($350.00) and I must admit, I looked dam good.....I have a great sense of fashion and enjoy shopping more than most women. Indeed, I just purchased the new Gucci "chain " edition purse for my wife and apparently I picked the hottest bag out there right now.
09-03-03 10:25 AM
Zeeta
quote:
jb wrote:
I just bought a $995.00 Corleoni blue and grey wool pin stripped jacket at Saks and a pair of the newly issues Levi's "premium" button fly jeans for $148.00. I wore the jeans and jacket along with a magnificient white Brioni dress shirt($225.00) and Calvin Klein boot shoes($350.00) and I must admit, I looked dam good.....I have a great sense of fashion and enjoy shopping more than most women. Indeed, I just purchased the new Gucci "chain " edition purse for my wife and apparently I picked the hottest bag out there right now.

You geek!!!

LOL
09-03-03 10:29 AM
Joey Josh .......................

Are you preparing yourself mentally for the upcoming Steely Dan Show in Florida ?

Sept 17: West Palm Beach, FL : Sound Advice Music Amphitheatre | [Tix] on sale now

It is going to be sweet -- Say Hi to Walter for me ( looks like Fleabit ) .

I hear Rabbi Katzman is attending the performance too .

KINS !
09-03-03 10:40 AM
jb Joey, yes I am going to attend. Beleieve it or not, I may also be attending the 9/12 Aerosmith/Kiss concert at the same venue. I really despise Aerosmith, but I am a "closet" Kiss fan since my 8-track days in the mid 70's. The venue is outdoors and is the same place that I saw supposedly the last "Who" concert ever a few years back when they performed Quadraphenia. It is areally shitty venue and hot as hell this time of year. Becker will be sweating bullets in his Sports jacker and Fagan may simply keel over the electric piano.
09-03-03 10:50 AM
Joey " The venue is outdoors and is the same place that I saw supposedly the last "Who" concert ever a few years back when they performed Quadraphenia. It is areally shitty venue and hot as hell this time ............."

I thought that was the " new " venue .

Which one is the brand spanking new venue specifically designed for quality artists like Steely ? Is that in Miami or Boca or something ????? It was featured in Billboard last winter and looked fabulous .

P.S. The Who quit in 1982 but reformed over the years because Pete Townshend was kind enough to help out his friend John Entwistle who needed money . Oh , and the tours were marvelous and compelling .

However , a resurgent Townshend has found new meaning in his life and is currently in the studio with Daltrey working on a new album . The world tour next year should showcase Pete's ferocious electric guitar playing that is worth the two hundred dollar price of admission alone .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !

09-03-03 10:59 AM
jb There is no new venue that I am aware of. They opened an amphitheatre in Mizner Park in Boca Raton which holds about 5k .I had the misfortune of seeing "Meatloaf" there on New Years eve. I also believe that the Strokes played there.
09-03-03 11:28 AM
Joey " They opened an amphitheatre in Mizner Park in Boca Raton which holds about 5k .I had the misfortune of seeing "Meatloaf" "

That's it !

09-03-03 02:20 PM
Joey
Hello My Stones Brothers and Sisters :

Here is a Great New Venue to see a concert -- Everyone has been marveling at the acoustical ear candy that resonates so luminescent at this place :

Mizner Park Amphitheater
590 Plaza Real
Boca Raton , FL 33432

Just take I-95 or Florida Turnpike to the Glades Road Exit . Then head East to Federal Highway ( there is one of these in Englewood , CO that is a real bitch to find -- ESPECIALLY when you are hungover ) . Make a right . The Amphitheatre is on the left .

-- Thank You

Jacky !

09-03-03 02:28 PM
jb That's funny Joey..literally 10 minutes from where I live...I get on and off the glades road turnpike exit everyday as I work about 35 miles south of Boca in Hollywood, Florida. We also have the world famous Town Center Mall also on Glades road...
09-03-03 02:40 PM
Joey

Josh ...........................

Please , tell me , just how wonderful are the acoustics at this place ????? Billboard raved about this venue " ad infinitum " and said they spared no expense with building the Amphitheatre .

Jercee !
09-03-03 02:42 PM
jb I didn't think it was anything special..it's a nice looking place where fancy rich people shop.
09-03-03 02:51 PM
Joey " I didn't think it was anything special "

Huh ?????????????????

That is NOT what I heard .

I hear things ..........................

Things .................................

Joey
09-03-03 03:03 PM
nankerphelge Ever hear these of these things?

"They also stick toy cars up their buttocks, snort wasabi and apply electrical muscle stimulators to their genitals."

What do you make of this Joey!?

Where would anyone learn such things???
09-03-03 03:12 PM
steel driving hammer And pissing out of hotel windows.

We piss anywhere!
09-03-03 03:18 PM
jb Sorry about your Dad SDH...my dad died when I was only 4 and I had the misfortune of discovering his dead body...
09-03-03 03:25 PM
steel driving hammer God I could only imagine how sad that must of been Josh.

But if he were to look at you now, he would smile and be proud of you.

Don't Ever Stop.
09-03-03 03:27 PM
steel driving hammer How old are were you in your Avatar?

5?
09-03-03 03:39 PM
Joey " Sorry about your Dad SDH...my dad died when I was only 4 and I had the misfortune of discovering his dead body... "

Did your father pass away recently Steelie ?

09-03-03 03:42 PM
steel driving hammer No when I was 12 he did.

I have a step father now who has no sense of rythem whatsoever.
09-03-03 03:46 PM
steel driving hammer JB was responding to the Shidoobee thread where someone recently lost a friend to which I responded there and then JB re-responded here. LOL!
09-03-03 03:47 PM
Joey No when I was 12 he did.

I have a step father now who has no sense of rythem whatsoever. "

Was he the one who banished you to Howe ?

Did you go kicking and screaming ?????

Did the " men " have to pick you up and carry you to the institute ?

Was " Shock Therapy " involved ?

Have you seen " The Deer Hunter ? "

Doesn't Fleabit resemble Cap Weinberger ?

I have to pee !

Snarky !

09-03-03 03:52 PM
steel driving hammer Yes he was the guy who sent me there, and it really fucked me up.

Almost literally.

Nothing but uniformity in indentical little cubicals sharing each others pubicals.
09-03-03 03:54 PM
Joey " Nothing but uniformity in indentical little cubicals sharing each others pubicals. "

Thus the White Gloves ?!?!?!?!

Wanna play " MAO !!!!! " sometime ????????

Spanky Spank and the Dixie Dancekins !

09-03-03 03:59 PM
jb No, I was about 11 in that photo...early 70's and already a Stones fan. Interestingly, I just took an I.Q. test over the internet and while I was above average, it was nothing to bragg about...I'm kinda shocked at how average I scored!
09-03-03 04:05 PM
steel driving hammer LOL, yeah but those people who make up and judge the IQ test are no different who make up the Top 100 musicians poll list I would suspect.

IMO, you have to turn the list upside down to read it the way it should be.

Like on the Top 10 bands poll recently, the Stones were at #9 or 10 then SS said you have to read it from the bottom up! LOL!!
09-03-03 04:08 PM
jb The average is 100, 0ver 130 is bordrline genuis and over 139genius. I only scored 121.
09-03-03 04:09 PM
steel driving hammer Tell me lies tell me sweet little lies...
Page: 1 2