ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the European Tour - Rai-Halle, Amsterdam - 9 October, 1970
By Henry Diltz - with special thanks to Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Firecracker stunt backfires on man (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-03-03 04:13 PM
jb SDH-121 is nothing to bragg about....I thought I would definitely score in the 130's as I am a Phi Beta Kappa and scored in the top 5% on my Bar Exam.
09-03-03 04:13 PM
Joey

Genius to me is somebody who is very Happy in life and is completely " sated " all the time -- regardless of the nasty twists and turns that this orb offers .

Christmas ....................What does that mean to all of you fine people ??????? To me , a LIVING HELL . It was Christmas Day , 1968 near the Cambodian border , just another day of staying alive when all of a sudden out of nowhere came .......................Oh Sh## !!!!!! :

Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky Ja Jac Jack Jacky !

Jacky !

09-03-03 04:49 PM
jb Joey, do you remeber that childrens album in the early 70's that featured Rosie Greer singing 'It's all right to cry" and another song called "William wants a doll?
09-03-03 05:38 PM
Joey " Joey, do you remeber that childrens album in the early 70's that featured Rosie Greer singing 'It's all right to cry" and another song called "William wants a doll? "

No , no I do not !

Josh , don't you think Fleabit bears a remarkable resemblance to Joe Perry ?

09-03-03 07:58 PM
gypsy Your spelling is still atrocious, jb. Perhaps you could use some tutoring?
09-03-03 08:29 PM
mac_daddy that firecracker story should be submitted for a Darwin Award...

jb - could you post the link to that IQ test?

Joey - would this show be worth picking up..? I have always dug their old stuff, but never really gave a listen to anything done in the past decade or so (since their return, as it were...

Steely Dan -- Nissan Pavillion, Manassas, VA -- July 21, 1996

Source: SBD>DAT>HHB800>CDR>EAC>SHN

Disk 1 -- Set I

1. Do It Again
2. Bad Sneakers
3. Everyone's Gone To The Movies
4. Josie
5. Jack Of Speed
6. FM Jam / Band Intro
7. Hey 19
8. Green Earrings
9. Any Major Dude Will Tell You
10. Green Flower Street
11. Rikki Don't Lose That Number
12. Peg

Disk 2 -- Set II

1. (. . .) East St. Louis Toodle-oo (Fix Track Boundary Repeat)
2. Glamour Profession
3. My Waterloo
4. Wet Side Story
5. Midnight Cruiser
6. Black Cow
7. Home at Last
8. Kid Charlemagne

Encore:
9. I.G.Y.
10. My Old School
11. FM Jam Reprise

Band:

Donald Fagen - Fender Rhodes Keyboard
Walter Becker - Guitar
Wayne Krantz - Guitar

Art Crimes '96 Neuraesthenic Horns:
Cornelius Bumpus - Alto Sax
Ari Ambrose - Tenor Sax
Michael Leonhart - Trumpet

Ricky Lawson - Drums
Tom Barney - Bass
John Beasley - Piano
Carolyn Leonhart - Background Vocals
Michelle Wiley - Background Vocals

09-03-03 09:09 PM
fmk438j Just a bit of stones trivia connected to this story. Very round'about connection

The cracker incident happened in a place called Dapto, a suburb on the outskirts of our bigger city. It's a bit of a rural area (or used to be more so) and if this cracker thing was going to happen anywhere it would be Dapto, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, the stones connection is that there was a TV character named Norman Gunston in Australia who's show was on in the late 70's. He was basically a geek character who did interviews and stuff in the vein of Ali G, you know, the interviewer is the character. Anyway this Gunston was (fictiously) from Dapto.

The stones link is that Gunston interviewed them in 78'. You can see part of it on Rewind, where they're all on the couch. That's also him chasing Mick all the way to his limo after a show in 78', with Mick ending up telling him to fuck off.

Now THAT would have been a trivia question. "Name the link between Jackass and the Rolling Stones, via Australia".

[Edited by fmk438j]
09-04-03 12:13 AM
Boomy
quote:
jb wrote:
There is a n ice article about Johnny Knoxsville in my current issue of GQ. Seems like a rather nice guy.
Also, wearing sport coats and jeans seems to be fashionable again. I just bought a $995.00 Corleoni blue and grey wool pin stripped jacket at Saks and a pair of the newly issues Levi's "premium" button fly jeans for $148.00. I wore the jeans and jacket along with a magnificient white Brioni dress shirt($225.00) and Calvin Klein boot shoes($350.00) and I must admit, I looked dam good.....I have a great sense of fashion and enjoy shopping more than most women. Indeed, I just purchased the new Gucci "chain " edition purse for my wife and apparently I picked the hottest bag out there right now.

JB, where in the hell do they charge that much for Levi's Jeans??

09-04-03 12:17 AM
steel driving hammer LOL, I wondered that too today Boomy, but I think he's joking around.

The malls in Chicago charge only $60 for their highest Levi Blue Jean.

Wasn't there a ZZ Top song where they said Gimme back my Blue Jean? LOL!

09-04-03 12:25 AM
Boomy Well, maybe he got ripped off.

Anyway, the most I've paid for jeans is $70 at Structure (now I think they refer to it as Express). But, I did purchase some Diesel jeans at TJ Maxx for only $50, and those run over $100 at retail stores that carry them and sell them at manufacturers prices. I'm kinda into the "distressed" jeans...ones that have a different look to them.
09-04-03 01:44 AM
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:
.....I have a great sense of fashion and enjoy shopping more than most women.

jb...how fast can you run the mile?
Chicago's "Magnificent Mile", that is, lol!

I did a fair amount of "damage" yesterday between the double header. Hubby says I'm grounded off of Michigan Avenue until further notice

IMO...Steelie's right, you got raped on the Levi's

Joey...Harry's was unfrickenbelievable! I have tons of pics that I need to scan and I'll send ya some. We had so much fun...WE WENT BACK TODAY! (to Wrigley, that is...) Summer's almost over...depression will settle in soon.
09-04-03 01:56 AM
steel driving hammer Parmy what ya doing up so late my Hot Leg honey?

You do have some Hot Legs Parmy........................

You know the kind even Mick would love to taste...

Oh baby!
09-04-03 02:16 AM
parmeda (...hi, honey)

It's my turn to muck-the-stalls at the barn tonight... gonna be a late night so I'm trying to catch-up with you guys
09-04-03 09:56 AM
Joey " Joey - would this show be worth picking up..? I have always dug their old stuff, but never really gave a listen to anything done in the past decade or so (since their return, as it were...

Steely Dan -- Nissan Pavillion, Manassas, VA -- July 21, 1996

Source: SBD>DAT>HHB800>CDR>EAC>SHN "

Yes , that was a great tour as I saw them in Kansas City that summer .

Jercee !

09-04-03 09:59 AM
jb Hi Pam...hope all is well....Dusty and LaRussa got a little heated yesterday.....The Marlins are actually having a great year and we are tied with the Phillies for the wild card....took the rug-rats to a game this past weekend and I folked over the $$$ for club sears which are undercoverf and it was a real pleasure avoiding the 96 degree heat...AS far as jeans, these are Levi "premium" jeans....different from the ordinary levi's you can pick up for 24.99. I gotr them at Saks..As far a diesel jeans Boomhauer, if you are getting them for $50.00 that very good...the standard botton fly diesel jeans cost around $115.00 down here. Also, a great brand is "Paper Denim" which run around $148.00....Dolce and Gabanna can run anywhere from $130 to over $300.00 depending on the style....
As far as Express/Structure is concerned, it is a decent shop for young men in your age demographics(18-25). Express, in particular, has some nicer dress pants and shirts with reasonable prices ....I suggest flat (unpleated) trousers with boot shoes and a nice dress shirt...
For my sophisticated shoppers, I think "Theory" based out of New York City, makes some of the finest, hippest clothes in years....strech materials and lean designs are most notable....the prices, however, are quite expensive.
As for traditional suits, I have been buying a lot of Zegna(and yes, double breasted and the 2 botton jacket are now back in fashion-).....also, Arnold Brant makes some nice tradtional suits at a reasonable price and there is always Armani which never goes out of fashion....and if you are really daring, try a "thin" suit by Jil Sander..absolutely an amazing suit with 1% cashmere lining....it's a little pricey(about 2k a suit) but well worth it. Finally , for the big hitters like Naneker, indulge in quite simplythe finest suit made by 'Kiton"...it may cost upwards of 5k dollars, but you know you have arrived.
P.S.-Macdaddy-the I.Q. was a link I found on foxnews.com.....you may also do a web search fro "free I.Q. test" and many will come up-this one had a bout 40 questions and I found it very difficult....
[Edited by jb]
09-04-03 10:08 AM
Joey Oh Hell ................................

Josh , you are going to have a GREAT time at the Steely Dan Concert in ten days my Escargot slurping , Mizner Amphitheatre loving , Audi TT driving , Comfy Eames Couch sitting , Strat '54 owning , the house on the gulf coast living , the good copper pans cooking - in pal .

The Wall Was Just Warmed Over Arthur !

" Steelie Me Ronnie "

Jercee !
09-04-03 10:16 AM
jb You know Joey, I always wanted those copper pans that you hang from the kitchen ...like out of a Martha Stewart episode....but my wife doesn't really cook and we settle for those teflon pots and pans commonly sold at Burdines.
09-04-03 10:20 AM
Joey " but my wife doesn't really cook and we settle for those teflon pots and pans commonly sold at Burdines. "

You make Joey sad .

Actually , my girlfriend can not cook either ( she can't even make toast for Christ's sake ) so we constantly go to restaurants or bring home take-out cuisine ( allows for the opening of a nice Cab. or sometimes Merlot without paying expensive restaurant prices ) .

Ah , you DO own a Comfy Eames Chair don't you ?????

Developing ..............................

Jercee !

Page: 1 2