ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

September 11, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: REVISED SETLIST>> Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-05-02 02:42 PM
SERGEI I'm know being told this is the list but as always it could change!!

b.sugar
start me up
its only r&r
don't sstop
honkey.t
rock&a
angie
can't always
monkey
i can't turn you loose
g.shelter
slipping away
b4 they make me run
sympathy
shattered
rooster
miss you
rambler
u got me rockin
sf man
t.dice
jj
satisfaction
09-05-02 02:47 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy "Before They Make Me Run"!

Keith *listens* to me!

Somehow...

-tSYX
09-05-02 02:58 PM
Moonisup Great list exept for miss you. I can live without that one!! This is a real stadium list!! Not bad, I'd love to attend one ore two, but I'd rather go to an arena ore clubgig
[Edited by Moonisup]
09-05-02 02:58 PM
T&A disappointed that we "lost" Sweet Little Rock'nroller, Starfucker and Whip. But, this should definitely make the masses happy.
09-05-02 03:16 PM
jb Why they think "You got me Rocking" has a place in that slot is puzzling...It's not very good, but I think it's easy for them to play.
09-05-02 03:19 PM
Moonisup well we lost a couple of songs during the years! In 1989 they started with 28(!) songs, and it always gets down as the tour longed, will we end with 18 songs in Europe ore so?? I certainly hope noet. Yes I know they are older now, I was just thinking of it!!

Rik
[Edited by Moonisup]
09-05-02 03:21 PM
jb 2 hrs is about it....they don't like to sweat.
09-05-02 04:46 PM
sergey Hello Sergey.
Where are you from??? My name is Sergey too. I'm from Moscow. Write me [email protected]

quote:
SERGEI wrote:
I'm know being told this is the list but as always it could change!!

b.sugar
start me up
its only r&r
don't sstop
honkey.t
rock&a
angie
can't always
monkey
i can't turn you loose
g.shelter
slipping away
b4 they make me run
sympathy
shattered
rooster
miss you
rambler
u got me rockin
sf man
t.dice
jj
satisfaction

09-05-02 04:47 PM
Soul Survivor No no, his name is SERGEI
09-05-02 04:49 PM
jb I am from Czech republic and I am wild and crazy guy!
09-05-02 04:51 PM
Moonisup I am from beatlesland, I have been told by egon
09-05-02 06:43 PM
Mr T if it doesn't ave CYHMK it's automatically one of the worst setlists of the tour(harsh, but true)

hearing CYHMK & Stray Cat Blues in one show must have been amazing
09-05-02 06:47 PM
sonicrock i definitly don t like the stadium list,but they re the stones i m the fan so nothing i can do i guess......
09-05-02 07:02 PM
Sir Stonesalot You know, just looking at the songs on this list....HOLY SHIT! This band that we all love so much has one hell of a catalogue of music.

I mean, just look at that list! How could anyone bitch about hearing all those great songs?

Midnight Rambler.

Don't really need to say much more than that.
09-05-02 07:04 PM
Moonisup I love midnight rambler!!!!!!!!! it was great in 1999
09-05-02 07:29 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
I love midnight rambler!!!!!!!!! it was great in 1999

Yeah! Keith played right in front of me on the B-stage in Sheffield, June '99! (see pic) It was fantastic...
09-05-02 07:42 PM
gagaman i wouldn't mind losing rock and a hard place and can't turn you loose and trading them in for stronger numbers....
09-05-02 07:51 PM
Stonesdoug At toniight's dress rehearsal some of the songs rehearsed
SHATTERED
Before They Make Me Run
Respectable
Miss You
Tumbling Dice
09-05-02 08:02 PM
Angiegirl YESSSSS! I vote for more Shattered and Respectable and less Angie and Miss you! Where's the webvote? lol
09-05-02 08:04 PM
Fiji Joe I'm still saying Rock and a Hard Place will not happen...I hate the damn song!...Perhaps Respectable takes it place...Throwing it (R & HP) in between HTW and Angie makes no friggin' sense.
09-05-02 08:26 PM
wkoetke
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I'm still saying Rock and a Hard Place will not happen...I hate the damn song!...Perhaps Respectable takes it place...Throwing it (R & HP) in between HTW and Angie makes no friggin' sense.

Hope you're right, Fiji Joe. Man, Rock And A Hard Place is the single worst song on Steel Wheels, and one of their worst of all time (imho). Never understood why that was one one of the "hits" from that album. Here's hoping they come to their senses and not waste precious concert minutes...
09-05-02 08:30 PM
glencar Always remember that the absolute worst Stones song is "Sparks Will Fly." Let's call it the Stones' nadir.
09-05-02 08:31 PM
Joey I wish they would play " Winter " now that Ronnie is channeling Mick Taylor .

.........or how about " Time Waits for No One " or " Sway " or " Ventilator Blues " or Jesus ...........anything but " Rock and a Hard Place " ...........what posseses the boys to toss that one in I will never know !

J . Diddy Fly

09-05-02 08:56 PM
Angiegirl Maybe they just did it to keep the fires burning at Rocks Off... Otherwise we would have nothing to talk about...
09-05-02 09:26 PM
Boomhauer It's kind of funny that you guys mention Rock and a Hard Place, because that song and Mixed Emotions are the first "new" songs I remember hearing (and I remember watching the videos on MTV with my dad) when I was 7 years old in 1989.
09-05-02 09:58 PM
luridchief Jesus, Boom, you're making me feel OLD!

I graduated from college when you were SIX FUCKING YEARS OLD!

Time to take me Geritol . . . !
09-05-02 11:02 PM
Fiji Joe 1. Brown Sugar
2. Start Me Up
3. IORR
4. Don't Stop
5. Honky Tonk Woman
6. Rock & A Hard Place
7. Angie
8. You Can't Always Get What You want
9. Monkey Man
10. I Can't Turn You Loose
11. Gimme Shelter
12. Slipping Away
13. Before They Make Me Run
14. Sympathy For The Devil
15. B-Stage: Shattered
16. B-Stage: Beast Of Burden
17. B-Stage: Miss You
18. MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
19. You Got Me Rocking
20. Tumbling Dice

...the first 20 from the actual setlist...That's close enough.

I humbled...Can't believe they brought back Rock and a Hard Place...JUst cause they do it don't make it right...it still sux
09-05-02 11:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot BTW, in case anyone was keeping score, Serg only missed one.
09-06-02 01:42 AM
Riffhard Yes!He has done it once again ladies and gents,as Sir Stonesalot points out,Sergei once again calls the show!

Calling Doubting Soulie.......knock,knock....

I don't mean to rub it in man,but you know.You got just a touch of egg on your face.This tour is ALL ABOUT CHANGE.The boys are changing the setlist,changing stages,changing the whole size of the show at every venue.

The question is.What kind of show could they have in store for the Orpheum?My bet is this is where She Smiled Sweetly comes out.Heart of Stone could very well make the cut as well.It's All Over Now,Last Time,probably CYHMK again.The mind goes numb at the thought of the prospects!

Sergei,any ideas?You can whisper it in our ears.We won't tell a soul.Promiss.

September 26th is just around the corner!!

Counting the days and even the hours,
Riffhard
[Edited by Riffhard]
09-06-02 07:57 AM
Nellcote All bow to the altar of SERGEI.

Dead on with information is this man.

Page: 1 2