ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Congratulations Cucho, a second edition! Now printed in Spain
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cool ticket stubs from the 80's Return to archive Page: 1 2
1st September 2007 01:52 PM
ohnonot youagain Anyone have any cool stubs from the 80's? In those days they made some neat ones and colorful. I got one still from Buffalo, NY..it red with a huge shiny tonuge.
1st September 2007 02:01 PM
fireontheplatter the first time i saw the stones was in buffalo. if my memory serves me correctly, i do believe the color of the ticket was lime greenish with gold printing.

how i wish i still had the ticket
1st September 2007 03:30 PM
time is on my side
1st September 2007 04:38 PM
ExileInLA
quote:
time is on my side wrote:

damn. $16.00 to see a stones show. my heart hurts for a) a $16.00 stones show and b) a show where they all actually play their asses off just like (and not since) 1981.
1st September 2007 05:57 PM
TooTough All German shows 1982:

[Edited by TooTough]
[Edited by TooTough]
[Edited by TooTough]
1st September 2007 06:46 PM
ohnonot youagain Hey Fireontheplatter: that was Pontiac, Mich....I use to have that stub as well but traded it off. but I'm keeping this one.
1st September 2007 07:33 PM
lotsajizz I have all my stubs from 1981 forward---I keep 'em in a photo album.....
[Edited by lotsajizz]
1st September 2007 08:09 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
ohnonot youagain wrote:
Hey Fireontheplatter: that was Pontiac, Mich....I use to have that stub as well but traded it off. but I'm keeping this one.

no it was buffalo, ny. i am pretty sure.

the floor seats were reserved but the riser seats were a free for all.

i remembet this dude behind us in line. he downed a 6er of schlitz beer and then puked it all up. it was totally gross.
2nd September 2007 01:17 AM
glencar
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I have all my stubs from 1981 forward---I keep 'em in a photo album.....
[Edited by lotsajizz]

Me too. I have 2 tix from the same seat at the 2003 Vegas Joint show. Misplaced ticket was replaced & then found. Are these things worth anything?
2nd September 2007 03:16 AM
mrhipfl
quote:

lmao at dumb ticket people putting decimals in the wrong place.
3rd September 2007 10:45 AM
Paranoid_Android
16 bucks!! That's LESS than ticketbastards "convenience" charge these days!!!

I recall paying 12.50 in '81 at the Meadowland's Brenden Byrne arena...10.50 for the bad seats! JOVAN PRESENTS....
3rd September 2007 11:36 AM
Riffhard
quote:

I had that exact ticket stub, but have since lost it years ago! Mine had the row and seat locations crossed out by the usher because our seats were actually under the soundboard when we showed up! We were moved down to the sixth,seventh,and eighth rows! My seat being front and center sixth row!

That was, and still is, the greatest concert that I have ever seen in my entire life! I defy any overrated band like Led Zeppelin to come anywhere near that show! Any Zeppelin fan that tells me any different is delusional. That show was the quintessential rock and roll show. Zeppelin can get fucking stuffed! They couldn't put on a show like the 1981 Fox Theater,Atlanta show if a gun were held to their heads!

That ticket stub is the rarest of any of the 1981 North American tour being the smallest venue,and one that was added at the absolute last minute. While it only cost $16.00 for a ticket, they went on sale at 2AM, and were sold out within the hour. I bought mine from a friend's boyfriend for $100.00!! That was an insane amount to pay back then, but I knew that I couldn't miss that show. I would gladly pay $500.00 for that same ticket today! It is not even mentioned on any of the tour tee shirts or tour program. I wish to hell I still had it!

Riffy
3rd September 2007 11:45 AM
Kilroy I got all my ticket stubs in a glass frame. Very proud of the shows I've been albe to attend.
3rd September 2007 11:58 AM
guitarman53 I don't have any from the 80's, but I got quite a few from the 70's that I've kept, I'm not going get into a whole bunch of them, just these 3, Led Zep. '74, Stones '72 & '75, check out the prices back then.
1-
2-
3-
3rd September 2007 02:11 PM
Boss
quote:
Rifftard wrote:

I had that exact ticket stub, but have since lost it years ago!

Riffy

I'm sure it was during the Clinton years.
3rd September 2007 02:20 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Boss wrote:

I'm sure it was during the Clinton years.

No. It was during the administration of the greatest president since Lincoln. That would be Ronaldus Magmus Reaganus you pansy assed fuckstick. Hey, here's an idea. Why don't you man up, and actually drop your gay assed alias?! Shit son I have never once had to hide behind a pussified alias. Why do you have to?

Riffy
3rd September 2007 02:37 PM
LadyJane How many of us were at Buffalo shows in the 70's and 80's???

LJ
TomL
gimmekeef
Nellcote
Nanky
fireontheplatter
Jumping Jack
ohnonotyouagain
guitarman53.

Amazing!!!! And we all ended up here!!!!!

I've got all of mine in the frame I keep Jagger's autograph.

The ticket prices from those shows make me ill.

LJ.
3rd September 2007 03:40 PM
gimmekeef The biggest jump in rock history is shown by these stubs....In 72 Stones came out with $7.00+ tickets.No one before had topped $4.00...I remember the outrage (until those folks saw the show..then they shut up)..Look at Zep 2 years later ('74) still under $4.00......Such a small world that stub from Maple Leaf Gardens is like 20 ft from where I was sittin.Imagine your first time seeing them and they played twice a day...I couldnt hear fro 3 months..still have ear damage.
3rd September 2007 03:50 PM
mrhipfl I remember somebody posted an old article here a while ago about Stones ticket prices. They interviewed this one fan that was furious about having to spend $10.00 to see them.
3rd September 2007 07:19 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

No. It was during the administration of the greatest president since Lincoln. That would be Ronaldus Magmus Reaganus you pansy assed fuckstick. Hey, here's an idea. Why don't you man up, and actually drop your gay assed alias?! Shit son I have never once had to hide behind a pussified alias. Why do you have to?

Riffy

OH YEAH-THOSE WERE THE DAYS,RIFFY!ALTHOUGH W MAKES REAGAN LOOK LIKE JFK
4th September 2007 01:16 PM
Riffhard
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

OH YEAH-THOSE WERE THE DAYS,RIFFY!ALTHOUGH W MAKES REAGAN LOOK LIKE JFK

Perks please don't tell me that you think JFK was a great president?! I mean the guy was in office less than four years and his biggest accomplishment was getting Khrushchev to pull missiles out of Cuba. The USSR would never have even tried to plant those missiles in Cuba had Eisenhower still been president.

Now don't get me wrong, I liked JFK compared to today's Democrats. Hell, today he would be a Republican! He was all for a strong military, and he was for lower taxes. Two things that today's limpwristers in the Dem party could never claim, but still, he served less than one full term!

Like it or not Reagan is this nation's most beloved president of the last several decades because of his accomplishments. He did drastically lower taxes which led to the longest span of economic growth this, or any, country has ever seen in history. He did win the Cold War. Liberal revisionist history be damned! Every single historian worth his salt says the same exact thing. Reagan saw the USSR's weakness (a stagnant economy) and he exploited it for all it was worth. People laughed at SDI. Today Gorbachev says that it was the threat of SDI that directly led to the fall of the Iron Curtain! Reagan, Thatcher, and Pope John Paul the 2nd are directly responsible for the collapse of the Soviet Union. Reagan instigated all of that. Fact.

He also showed that he had balls. Libyan leader Momuammaar Kadhafi is shy one daughter because Reagan decided to show that one time thug that you don't stick your fingers into the eyes of the world's most powerful country. Too bad Bubba Clinton didn't heed some of these lessons! Perhaps we would not be in this shit storm that we find ourselves into today.

True Reagan had his faults. So too did Lincoln, Washington, and other great past presidents, but taken in full, the accomplishments of Reagan's two terms far surpass those of any other president going back the days of FDR and Truman. Clinton can't even be considered a mediocre president when compared to Reagan. Again, fact.

Riffy
4th September 2007 02:41 PM
monkey_man Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Damn I'm old!
[Edited by monkey_man]
4th September 2007 03:03 PM
gimmekeef Heck even a ticket stub thread has political content!
4th September 2007 03:38 PM
glencar Really, man! let's drop the politics for a while. At least until the Iraq situation improves!
4th September 2007 04:13 PM
Riffhard
quote:
glencar wrote:
Really, man! let's drop the politics for a while. At least until the Iraq situation improves!

The Iraq situation is making massive improvements. Not that anyone would know about that considering the media is jerking themselves dry over Hillary all the while completely ignoring yet another Chinese fundraising scandal! Gee, the more things change the more they stay the same for the Clinton Corp.!!

Let's just ignore that shit and concentrate on an outed gay Republican! The Republicans immediately kicked the hypocritical fuckhead out of office though! Something that Dem's never do!! They circle the wagons and blame it all on talk radio and "vast right wing conspiracies".

Anbar province is safer today than downtown New Orleans or Detroit yet the media still says all is lost in Iraq!! Just three short months ago Harry Reid stated the war lost and pointed to al Anbar as a perfect example of why. Today Anbar is one of the safest cities in Iraq!! We ARE winning in Iraq!!

Fuckhead Boss (aka-some pussy hiding behind an alias) started this political shit! I'm just not one to back down from a fight.

I actually was just commenting on a ticket stub that I had not seen in some time, and lo and befuckinghold, Boss/Fuckstick decides to turn the topic into a political mudslinging contest. Fuck that. I'll address those challenges with substantiated facts and let idiots like Boss/Fuckstick argue with nothing but their brand of "hate Bush" emotional diarrhea.

Riffy

4th September 2007 05:11 PM
guitarman53 Has anybody got ticket stubs from the 60's, now that would be interesting!
4th September 2007 05:35 PM
monkey_man
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Has anybody got ticket stubs from the 60's, now that would be interesting!

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/Catalog.aspx?ProductTypeID=T6&Store=1&CategoryID=TK
4th September 2007 05:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
The biggest jump in rock history is shown by these stubs....

I think that "1998 - $65" to "1999 - $300" kinda beats the bejesus out of it!
4th September 2007 05:49 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I think that "1998 - $65" to "1999 - $300" kinda beats the bejesus out of it!

No kidding! I wonder if Cohl was just following Babs Streisand's lead. That was roughly the same time period that she was getting heat for charging such insanely high prices. Of course a Streisand audience is far different than a Stones' audience, but it would not surprise me in the least to hear that her ticket pricing policy prompted Cohl's push for such outrageous pricing that we have had since 1998.

I remember the shit storm that those 1981 prices caused. That Fox stub for $16.00 was considered highway robbery in it's day! I wish that I knew what I know now, when I was younger.....

Riffy
4th September 2007 05:53 PM
Saint Sway thats insane. The ticket FEES were only 25 cents

the fees now add up to half the final cost
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)