ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Congratulations Cucho, a second edition! Now printed in Spain
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cool ticket stubs from the 80's Return to archive Page: 1 2
4th September 2007 06:02 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
thats insane. The ticket FEES were only 25 cents

the fees now add up to half the final cost

The real insanity is what they call the charges. They are called "convenience" fees! What the fuck is so gawtdamned convenient about paying an extra 20 bucks per ticket?

Riffy
4th September 2007 06:09 PM
monkey_man I remember buying this ticket from a scalper for $35. . .

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
4th September 2007 06:24 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

The real insanity is what they call the charges. They are called "convenience" fees! What the fuck is so gawtdamned convenient about paying an extra 20 bucks per ticket?

Riffy

i'm pretty sure the person who answered the phone has a mouth to feed.
4th September 2007 06:26 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

i'm pretty sure the person who answered the phone has a mouth to feed.

Was food free until about ten years ago?

4th September 2007 06:35 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

No kidding! I wonder if Cohl was just following Babs Streisand's lead. That was roughly the same time period that she was getting heat for charging such insanely high prices. Of course a Streisand audience is far different than a Stones' audience, but it would not surprise me in the least to hear that her ticket pricing policy prompted Cohl's push for such outrageous pricing that we have had since 1998.

Streisand wasnt touring at that time. It was around 1993 when she toured for the first time in over 25 years, with prices from $50 to (in some cases) $1,500. Apart from a few shows here and there, I dont think she toured again until 2006. The Eagles were the first band to charge $100 a ticket (in the late 90s I believe) which probably prompted Jagger & Cohl to 'restructure' the ticket pricing system to the one we all know and 'love' now...

"Of course a Streisand audience is far different than a Stones' audience"

These days I'm honestly not so sure that it is, at times. A Stones audience demographic is definitely NOT what it used to be. Probably mostly for the reasons stated above.

A certain percentage of Streisand tickets are reserved/siphoned off for people willing to pay four and five figure sums. As are Stones tickets. No difference from what I can see.
[Edited by Gazza]
4th September 2007 07:35 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Streisand wasnt touring at that time. It was around 1993 when she toured for the first time in over 25 years, with prices from $50 to (in some cases) $1,500. Apart from a few shows here and there, I dont think she toured again until 2006. The Eagles were the first band to charge $100 a ticket (in the late 90s I believe) which probably prompted Jagger & Cohl to 'restructure' the ticket pricing system to the one we all know and 'love' now...

"Of course a Streisand audience is far different than a Stones' audience"

These days I'm honestly not so sure that it is, at times. A Stones audience demographic is definitely NOT what it used to be. Probably mostly for the reasons stated above.

A certain percentage of Streisand tickets are reserved/siphoned off for people willing to pay four and five figure sums. As are Stones tickets. No difference from what I can see.
[Edited by Gazza]

Yes right you are Gazza. It was 1993. I remember it well. I was living in Josh's town of Boca Raton, Fla. at the time. So, once again, it comes down to being the Eagles fault!

True also that now that the Stones are charging such insanely high prices the demographics of the audience has changed accordingly. Sad, sad, sad.

Riffy
4th September 2007 08:09 PM
glencar
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Riffy

Please recall when they basically gave away tix at Gillette Stadium last year. I believe the tix were $22 each & if you bought 4 you got a T shirt & a Toyota Echo. Ironically, the parking fees at that place were $35-$40!
4th September 2007 08:11 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I think that "1998 - $65" to "1999 - $300" kinda beats the bejesus out of it!

I paid $300 in 1997 for a show at the Vegas MGM Grand.
4th September 2007 08:12 PM
glencar
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

The Iraq situation is making massive improvements. Not that anyone would know about that considering the media is jerking themselves dry over Hillary all the while completely ignoring yet another Chinese fundraising scandal! Gee, the more things change the more they stay the same for the Clinton Corp.!!

Let's just ignore that shit and concentrate on an outed gay Republican! The Republicans immediately kicked the hypocritical fuckhead out of office though! Something that Dem's never do!! They circle the wagons and blame it all on talk radio and "vast right wing conspiracies".

Anbar province is safer today than downtown New Orleans or Detroit yet the media still says all is lost in Iraq!! Just three short months ago Harry Reid stated the war lost and pointed to al Anbar as a perfect example of why. Today Anbar is one of the safest cities in Iraq!! We ARE winning in Iraq!!

Fuckhead Boss (aka-some pussy hiding behind an alias) started this political shit! I'm just not one to back down from a fight.

I actually was just commenting on a ticket stub that I had not seen in some time, and lo and befuckinghold, Boss/Fuckstick decides to turn the topic into a political mudslinging contest. Fuck that. I'll address those challenges with substantiated facts and let idiots like Boss/Fuckstick argue with nothing but their brand of "hate Bush" emotional diarrhea.

Riffy

I was being facetious. And The Boss is one of our Couchie pals!
4th September 2007 08:33 PM
mojoman
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
I remember buying this ticket from a scalper for $35. . .

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

i got one of those.........somewhere
4th September 2007 08:36 PM
Riffhard
quote:
glencar wrote:
I was being facetious. And The Boss is one of our Couchie pals!

Are you telling me that Boss is the same guy that plays in a Beatles band? C'mon! Say it ain't true Blue?!

Why would Bucky try and get a rise outta me? I thought we were beyond that shit?!

Bucky let's not retread that fucking road my friend. You know that I am a nice likeable kinda guy, that would never let my politics get in the way of a friendship.

I suppose that I should have put two and two together and seen that there was a good chance that it was, in fact, Bucky. I still did not want to think that Buckster would slam me in not one, but two seperate threads.

I retract my various slams against The Boss if he is indeed Bucky. I am, however, a little disappointed if that is the case.

Riffy
4th September 2007 09:01 PM
open-g

...and don't tell me I'm off topic^^
4th September 2007 09:12 PM
mojoman
quote:
open-g wrote:

...and don't tell me I'm off topic^^

9/30 on a sunday this year also!!!
4th September 2007 09:24 PM
open-g >>9/30 on a sunday this year also!!!<<

Did I type something - stupid?

gimme me a hint.
4th September 2007 09:39 PM
SweetVirginia This was my first RS ticket:

4th September 2007 10:08 PM
guitarman53
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
This was my first RS ticket:

Thanks for sharing, it's a real surprise on the ticket sales back then, we all thought $10 was outragious! talk about today!
4th September 2007 10:14 PM
mojoman
quote:
open-g wrote:
>>9/30 on a sunday this year also!!!<<

Did I type something - stupid?

gimme me a hint.

the show date!!!
4th September 2007 10:27 PM
open-g Oh yeah, lookin' at the calendar - we are indeed getting a Sunday, 30th of September soon.

...the only thing missing is a Stones show on that day.
4th September 2007 10:44 PM
monkey_man
quote:
open-g wrote:

...the only thing missing is a Stones show on that day.

There was a great Stones show on the date in 2002!
4th September 2007 11:05 PM
open-g
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

There was a great Stones show on the date in 2002!

Dang!

The Roseland Ballroom - and what a fine setlist - wow.

http://rocksoff.org/2002-1.htm
5th September 2007 12:01 AM
mojoman
quote:
open-g wrote:

Dang!

The Roseland Ballroom - and what a fine setlist - wow.

http://rocksoff.org/2002-1.htm

the setlists were "tops" in 02
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)