ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Who's driving my bus?
The Bigger Bang Bus in Buenos Aires, Argentina
40x5 la Disquería/ Midnight Rambler / 40x5 Tributo bar / EMI Argentina / Modena Desing
Photo by khalil78 from BdP the message board by Midnight Rambler and Rocks Off
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Comerica Park, Detroit 31st August - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
August 31st, 2005 08:12 PM
Gazza news on this show to be posted here :
August 31st, 2005 09:17 PM
corgi37 Cant wait! Is this a stadium show?
August 31st, 2005 09:20 PM
Daethgod yer when does it start ?
August 31st, 2005 09:37 PM
beer From Shidoobee

1 - Start Me UP
2 - YGMR
3 - She's So Cold

-
August 31st, 2005 09:45 PM
pdog From Shidoobee!

1 - Start Me UP
2 - YGMR
3 - She's So Cold
4 - Tumbling Dice
5 - Rough Justice
6 - Back of My Hand
7 - Beast of Burden
8 - Ain't Too Proud To Beg
9 - Night Time
intros
10 - The Worst
11 - Infamy
12 - Miss You
13 - ONNYA
14 - Satisfaction
15 - HTW
16 - Out of Control
17 - Sympathy
18 - JJF
19 - Brown Sugar
encore:
20 - YCAGWYW
21 - IORR

Goodnight! Let the bitching begin! I want the recording of this show. I bet they played angry!
[Edited by pdog]
[Edited by pdog]
August 31st, 2005 10:09 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
9 - Night Time

hooray!!!
August 31st, 2005 10:19 PM
Angiegirl ATPTB, cool! Hope to get it too next year!!
August 31st, 2005 10:23 PM
mac_daddy (from shidoobee)

intros
10 - The Worst
11 - Infamy
12 - Miss You

do i dare fill in the rest..?
[Edited by mac_daddy]
August 31st, 2005 10:25 PM
Angiegirl I think it would be at low risk.
August 31st, 2005 10:27 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
I think it would be at low risk.

shorter shows this time around, too...
August 31st, 2005 10:29 PM
LadyJane I see attendance is poor at RO as well.

LJ.
August 31st, 2005 10:30 PM
Soldatti Great to see ATPTB in the stadium setlist, can't wait for the first arena show next week.
August 31st, 2005 10:36 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I see attendance is poor at RO as well.

LJ.

BUT!!! There's supposed to be a really good taper there. And maybe we won't have people screaming and clapping on the recording!
Hows that for spin?
August 31st, 2005 10:39 PM
mac_daddy
from shodoobee

1 - Start Me UP
2 - YGMR
3 - She's So Cold
4 - Tumbling Dice
5 - Rough Justice
6 - Back of My Hand
7 - Beast of Burden
9 - Night Time
intros
10 - The Worst
11 - Infamy
12 - Miss You
13 - ONNYA
14 - Satisfaction
15 - HTW
August 31st, 2005 10:42 PM
corgi37 Wow, 1 whole different song.

Yippee!

Still, its a good set list i reckon.

Still dont like IORR as a closer.
August 31st, 2005 10:46 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

Still, its a good set list i reckon.

i reckon

quote:
corgi37 also wrote:
Still dont like IORR as a closer.

that's funny. i llike it alot as an encore. i just dont think ycagwyw fits as an encore tune...
August 31st, 2005 10:54 PM
Madafaka BOB and ATPTB! Yes, yes, yes!
August 31st, 2005 10:57 PM
pdog I was at post 666, sad to see it go...
August 31st, 2005 11:03 PM
Dan This is an awesome setlist. I don't know what you expected for your $450 but its the greatest hits the Stones have ever done. This isnt the Grateful Dead or the Black Crowes or Black Iron Maiden on the holy sabbath, but its the Rolling Stones playing a bunch of new songs and all their greatest hits. What more could you ever hope for in the year 2005? Not many bands play stadium gigs any more either. This is an awesome show and you should all be priveleged to witness such an event in our lifetime.
August 31st, 2005 11:04 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Dan wrote:
Not many bands play stadium gigs any more either.

Thank God for that small favour.
August 31st, 2005 11:07 PM
pdog I think we know the last three, two and (B)last (off) songs!
[Edited by pdog]
August 31st, 2005 11:27 PM
Dan
quote:

that's funny. i llike it alot as an encore. i just dont think ycagwyw fits as an encore tune...

I remember at Soldier Field 97 thinking the only thing they didnt do was Brown Sugar, but they did You Cant Always Get hat You Want and Brown Sugar, but after that only intermittantly playing YCAGWYW in the encore. So its safe to assume they might not be playing it forever.
[Edited by Dan]
August 31st, 2005 11:41 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
Dan wrote:
This is an awesome setlist. I don't know what you expected for your $450 but its the greatest hits the Stones have ever done. This isnt the Grateful Dead or the Black Crowes or Black Iron Maiden on the holy sabbath, but its the Rolling Stones playing a bunch of new songs and all their greatest hits. What more could you ever hope for in the year 2005? Not many bands play stadium gigs any more either. This is an awesome show and you should all be priveleged to witness such an event in our lifetime.

Exactly! And I'll repeat your rhetorical question: "What more could you ever hope for in the year 2005?"
August 31st, 2005 11:45 PM
Angiegirl Sway.

Hey, you talked about hopin'!
August 31st, 2005 11:57 PM
glencar 21 songs seems like a bit off a ripoff, no?
August 31st, 2005 11:59 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Great to see ATPTB in the stadium setlist, can't wait for the first arena show next week.

September 2005

6 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center (w/ Buddy Guy)
8 - Milwaukee, WI - Bradley Center (w/ Buddy Guy)

These are the first arena shows. If you notice, you'll see the first arena show falls on the exact date A Bigger Bang is released in the U.S. (September 6th).

Coincidence??? I don't think so.

I believe the release of A Bigger Bang will coincide with a change in their setlist. Namely, more songs from a Bigger Bang being played. At least in the arenas, look for an increase from the four they are currently playing at the stadiums to seven or eight.

Also, I have no problem with the stadium setlist as I realized it's also about the spectacle and stage so they're probably not able or willing to change much in these type of settings.

I would love to see at least one stadium show but , for the people who are seeing more than one stadium show, I can see why they would like it mixed up a little more.

September 1st, 2005 02:13 AM
corgi37 I've seen a stadium (95) & arena (03). I loved both.

I want to see a stadium, just for the sheer grandeur of it all. I'd love my wife to be totally over awed by the sheer size and spectacle.

Bit like when i strut around nude!

Boom-boom.
September 1st, 2005 03:08 AM
UGot2Rollme looks like this is the "Oh No Not the Same Setlist Again" tour.
September 1st, 2005 05:20 AM
charlotte http://www.freep.com/entertainment/music/stones1e_20050901.htm

Rolling Stones deliver satisfaction with a bang
BY BRIAN McCOLLUM
FREE PRESS POP MUSIC CRITIC

September 1, 2005

There's no such thing as a little Rolling Stones show.

RICHARD LEE/DFP

Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones rocks Comerica Park on Wednesday. More photos

As evidenced Wednesday night at Comerica Park, where a near-capacity crowd of about 38,000 gathered for the fifth date on the band's aptly named "A Bigger Bang" tour, these aren't so much concerts as they are manmade wonders.

As they have with every tour going back two decades, the Stones once again have upped the ante on stage production. At this rate, the band's Really Really Big Bang Tour in 2008 will have to play cornfields to accommodate all the frills.

RELATED CONTENT
Rolling Stones to rock halftime at Super Bowl

PHOTO GALLERY: Images from Wednesday's concert

Wednesday

Comerica Park, Detroit

Wednesday night, vocalist Mick Jagger roamed a stage so mammoth it appeared to be part of the Detroit skyline -- a towering contraption with the look of a futuristic parking deck. Along the top four stories were scores of fans who in some cases paid hundreds of dollars for what likely amounted to the strangest front-row seats they'd yet enjoyed.

Beneath them were Jagger, guitarists Keith Richards and Ron Wood, and drummer Charlie Watts, back for another round of shout-along rock classics, presented with polish to match the dizzying lights and state-of-the-art sound.

As with previous Stones stadium shows -- and any music production of this magnitude -- the flip side of such spectacle is the sprawling distance, literal and figurative, between the band and its audience.

Even from the closest seats, which stretched in long rows across Comerica Park's outfield, it was easy to feel a disconnect. From the back of the stadium -- in this case, behind home plate -- it could feel as if you were viewing someone else's concert.

Jagger did his part to bridge the gap, establishing his personal tempo from the outset as he scampered and strutted from one end of the stage to the other, making clear that fans could rely on at least one source of motion for the night.

And, yes, there was indeed music. After taking the stage at 9:20 p.m. to a mini fireworks display, the group launched into "Start Me Up," the first in a 21-song set of music spanning precisely four decades. Audience roars went up with each familiar, wiry opening lick -- "Tumblin' Dice," "Beast of Burden," "Sympathy for the Devil."

New tunes from the band's upcoming album, "A Bigger Bang," largely held their own against the time-tested ones.

While there were few surprises in the set list, the Stones shook things up with their potent cover of "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" -- the obligatory Motown nod in Detroit -- and a heartfelt rendition of Ray Charles' "Night Time is the Right Time."

Contact BRIAN McCOLLUM at 313-223-4450.

September 1st, 2005 08:01 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I want to see a stadium, just for the sheer grandeur of it all.

Same here. Biggest thing for me is witnessing the sound. Apparently, for a stadium show, the sound has improved greatly.

I saw the Detroit show on the LICKS tour in the fall of '02 and the sound was absolutely incredible for a stadium show. Probably one of the best-sounding shows (for any venue) I've ever seen. Mind you, that show was at Ford Field - an indoor stadium. Commerica Park is outdoor. I'm anxious to hear of any differences in sound/stadium...
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)