ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Who's driving my bus?
The Bigger Bang Bus in Buenos Aires, Argentina
40x5 la Disquería/ Midnight Rambler / 40x5 Tributo bar / EMI Argentina / Modena Desing
Photo by khalil78 from BdP the message board by Midnight Rambler and Rocks Off
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Comerica Park, Detroit 31st August - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
September 1st, 2005 08:08 AM
StonesChick This setlist doesn't do much for me. Why You Got Me Rockin? I had to hear that last tour, it's not like it's some great classic Stones song. I don't get it!
September 1st, 2005 08:26 AM
Martha
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I see attendance is poor at RO as well.

LJ.

I would have been there.....FOOK!
September 1st, 2005 10:16 AM
Saint Sway um.... whatever happened to the band that played on the Licks Tour??

you know the one that kept mixing up the set lists every night

where'd they go????
September 1st, 2005 10:23 AM
gimmekeef Well there kicking ass all over the continent as we speak.And Tuesday they release an album of great new material which will work its way into the sets.There doin fine I believe...
September 1st, 2005 11:53 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
um.... whatever happened to the band that played on the Licks Tour??

where'd they go????

Sway, I can appreciate the fact that your opinion differs from mine and many others here. You have that right. Please consider, however, that your repeated, negative posts are rapidly growing tiresome.

We know how you feel, already. And it really is too bad you feel that way.
September 1st, 2005 12:00 PM
Saint Sway if they can charge $500 a ticket and play the same tired set list every night then I can post the same tired gripes about it every night too
September 1st, 2005 12:07 PM
deuce People hail the '72 tour as being one of their greatest tours, but it's not like the setlists differed much night to night on that tour. And who cares? It's the Rolling fucking Stones playing concerts in 2005 behind a new album. What have you got to complain about?
September 1st, 2005 12:20 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
deuce wrote:
It's the Rolling fucking Stones playing concerts in 2005 behind a new album. What have you got to complain about?

I'm stoked that they have a great new album out and are touring to support it.

however... I think that going out and playing the same exact set of songs every night is not only lame - but its beneath them. They raised the bar on the Licks tour. Why lower it now?

I reserve my right to bitch about it.

I'm not going to turn a blind eye and just say "well at least they are playing, we should just enjoy it". Because I know that they are capable of much more. They have toured relentlessly since Bridges and have a wide arsenal of material that they can play live - very well. Theres no reason to revert back to the Steel Wheels days of playing the same 20 songs every night.

they are taking the easy way out and I dont think its cool and I'm calling bullshit on it.
September 1st, 2005 12:57 PM
gimmekeef If the arena shows show no appreciable change beginning next week in setlist then I can see your point becoming much more valid.Its early and from all reports the boys are on fire!
September 1st, 2005 02:53 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
if they can charge $500 a ticket and play the same tired set list every night then I can post the same tired gripes about it every night too

The people who are tired of it should just stay home. There are a lot of people who haven't seen the STones dozens of times who are satisfied with the show they see.
September 1st, 2005 03:18 PM
luxury1 Where are gypsy's photos??
September 1st, 2005 03:35 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:

The people who are tired of it should just stay home. There are a lot of people who haven't seen the STones dozens of times who are satisfied with the show they see.

so I guess what your saying is its more important to make the show a better experience for the casual fan that is only going to see them once in their lifetime than for the loyal fans that have supported them on every tour.

oh OK. So the Stones should just cater to the casual classic rock fan that bought a copy of Forty Licks and not to the die hard fans that shell out major bucks to loyally see them multiple shows each tour.

and your cool with that?

really?
September 1st, 2005 04:16 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
so I guess what your saying is its more important to make the show a better experience for the casual fan that is only going to see them once in their lifetime than for the loyal fans that have supported them on every tour.

It IS the casual fan along with classic/rock radio that has supported the band throught their career. Is the casual fan any less deserving of getting their money's worth?

quote:

oh OK. So the Stones should just cater to the casual classic rock fan that bought a copy of Forty Licks and not to the die hard fans that shell out major bucks to loyally see them multiple shows each tour.

What makes you think there are so many more die hard fans in the crowd? I don't recall any setlist guarantees with the tickets. And if people go to multiple shows is it because they like the initial show or because they expect something totally different?

quote:

and your cool with that?

really?

Absolutely.
September 1st, 2005 04:54 PM
Saint Sway so you're fine going to see the same set list every show you attend?

damn. With such agreeable fans like you, the Stones really got it easy.

not me. I'm pretty bummed about it. And I wont be attending as nearly as many shows as I did on the Licks Tour (10).

after seeing one stadium show, thats it for me. I currently have 3 sets of tickets now up for sale on ebay. I will attend one of the arena shows I bought tix for in hopes that they do a different show. But not two. Certainly not at $500 a clip.

after close to 50 Stones shows and countless bootlegs, I can honestly say that I've had my fill of the same old versions of SMU, TD, YGMR BS, IORR & HTW etc. I'm ready for them to dust off some lesser played songs.
September 1st, 2005 05:06 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
so you're fine going to see the same set list every show you attend?

Sure. ANd I dropped a whopping $80 on this tour so far and still interested in attending a stadium show.
September 1st, 2005 05:32 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
um.... whatever happened to the band that played on the Licks Tour??

where'd they go????

the Stones are not nearly as repetitive as your posts!!

September 1st, 2005 05:50 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

the Stones are not nearly as repetitive as your posts!!

Boston 8/21/05

1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. Shattered
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Back Of My Hand
7. Beast Of Burden
8. She's So Cold
9. Heartbreaker
10. Night Time Is The Right Time
--- Introductions
11. The Worst (Keith)
12. Infamy (Keith)
13. Miss You (to B-stage)
14. Oh No, Not You Again (B-stage)
15. Satisfaction (B-stage)
16. Honky Tonk Women (from B-stage)
17. Out Of Control
18. Sympathy For The Devil
19. Jumping Jack Flash
20. Brown Sugar
21. You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
22. It's Only Rock'n Roll (encore)

Boston 8/23/05

1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. Shattered
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Back Of My Hand
7. Beast Of Burden
8. She's So Cold
9. Bitch
10. Night Time Is The Right Time
--- Introductions
11. The Worst (Keith)
12. Infamy (Keith)
13. Miss You (to B-stage)
14. Oh No, Not You Again (B-stage)
15. Satisfaction (B-stage)
16. Honky Tonk Women (from B-stage)
17. Out Of Control
18. Sympathy For The Devil
19. Jumping Jack Flash
20. Brown Sugar
21. You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
22. It's Only Rock'n Roll (encore)

Hartford 8/26/05
1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. She's So Cold
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Ruby Tuesday
7. Beast Of Burden
8. All Down The Line
9. Get Up Stand Up
--- Introductions
10. Infamy (Keith)
11. The Worst (Keith)
12. Miss You (to B-stage)
13. Oh No, Not You Again (B-stage)
14. Satisfaction (B-stage)
15. Honky Tonk Women (from B-stage)
16. Out Of Control
17. Sympathy For The Devil
18. Jumping Jack Flash
19. Brown Sugar
20. You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
21. It's Only Rock'n Roll (encore)

Ottawa 8/28/05
1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. Shattered
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Back Of My Hand
7. Beast Of Burden
8. She's So Cold
9. Night Time Is The Right Time
--- Introductions
10. The Worst (Keith)
11. Infamy (Keith)
16. Out Of Control
18. Jumping Jack Flash
19. Brown Sugar

Detroit 8/31/05

1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. She's So Cold
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Back Of My Hand
7. Beast Of Burden
8. Ain't Too Proud To Beg
--- Introductions
10. The Worst (Keith)
11. Infamy (Keith)
16. Out Of Control
18. Jumping Jack Flash
19. Brown Sugar

September 1st, 2005 05:56 PM
Saint Sway c'mon now!

I love the Stones - but I'm shocked by how many brainless sheep here want to defend those set lists

doing the same set list every night is lame and boring

I mean its fine for Madonna or Eminem to put on the same exact show every night. But the Stones are better than that.

its OK. You can admit it. Mick won't mind.

really its OK to admit it blows- you can still be considered a fan even if you dont drool over every single thing they do.
September 1st, 2005 06:08 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
c'mon now!

I love the Stones - but I'm shocked by how many brainless sheep here want to defend those set lists

So anybody who is enjoying the tour just the way it is and the way our heroes planned it is now a brainless sheep?

quote:

doing the same set list every night is lame and boring

Yet fresh and exciting for the people who are just attending a rock concert and not obsessively following setlists on the internet.

quote:

I mean its fine for Madonna or Eminem to put on the same exact show every night. But the Stones are better than that.

You go to a lot of Eminem and Madonna shows? I would say the Stones are better than that regardless of what they are playing.

quote:

its OK. You can admit it. Mick won't mind.

really its OK to admit it blows- you can still be considered a fan even if you dont drool over every single thing they do.

Its okay to admit possibly hundreds of thousands of people are happy the way things are. Not quite drooling myself, especially since I largely took a "wait and see" attitude when the tour was announced rather than ejaculate all over myself and drop a few grand on tickets. A greatest hits tour with new songs. Not bad for my $80, so good I am hoping to go even 2 or 3 shows.
September 1st, 2005 06:35 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:

A greatest hits tour with new songs. Not bad for my $80, so good I am hoping to go even 2 or 3 shows.

Thats great. I hope you get this set list at every show.

1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. Shattered
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Back Of My Hand
7. Beast Of Burden
8. She's So Cold
--- Introductions
10. The Worst (Keith)
11. Infamy (Keith)
16. Out Of Control
18. Jumping Jack Flash
19. Brown Sugar

enjoy and I'll talk to you after you've seen this 3 times in a row.
September 1st, 2005 06:41 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Thats great. I hope you get this set list at every show.

1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. Shattered
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Back Of My Hand
7. Beast Of Burden
8. She's So Cold
--- Introductions
10. The Worst (Keith)
11. Infamy (Keith)
16. Out Of Control
18. Jumping Jack Flash
19. Brown Sugar

enjoy and I'll talk to you after you've seen this 3 times in a row.

Yep, you ARE even more repetitive than the Stones. And it looks like a great setlist every time I read it. Its probably 2 times for now and it could be 3 if it actually sounds as good as it looks on paper but I am not the kinda moron who goes dropping thousands of bucks on concerts without a clue what I might be getting.
[Edited by Dan]
September 1st, 2005 06:57 PM
Saint Sway well, now you know what you're getting, einstein.
September 1st, 2005 08:12 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
well, now you know what you're getting, einstein.

Have you sold your tickets yet? Or are you just going to keep whining about the setlist and berate anyone who enjoys the setlist the way it is and is still looking forward to the show?
September 1st, 2005 09:47 PM
Make It Funky If I could make a comment...

I have not yet seen the latest tour (have tix for Toronto).

Yet, I too am depressed about the dismal setlists. They are defintely taking it eeeeeeeeeeeeasy to say the least.

Saint, dude, I share your disconcert (no pun intended).. but like the Crowes sing, you can lead a horse to water...
There are numerous fans on here, naive, sheep, denial, optimistic etc on this fan page... and I Guess we're all entitled to an opinion. FYI: I totally share yours unequivocally,and am totally wiht you on the Crowes front!!

The only reason the Stones get such good press, is because they have sooo many friends in high places and its like buying good reviews. I quite appreciate hearing the uncensored reviews by true fans (Saint) who tell it like it is.

Have the Stones become (musically) lazy?? Me thinks. Im looking forward to seeing the show, but I will be critical and skeptical about it. (not cynical). I dont think Saint is cynical, he's a realist, and he only wants what is best and what is right. And repeated setlists night after night is lack lustre and quite pathetic to be honest.

Lets hear The Lantern!! Let It Loose!! Let Me Go!! (can you tell I was listening to Detroits 94.7 last week of the Stones Songs Alphabetically?) Yeah... I dont care if I ever hear HTW or SMU or SFTD or BS ever again. *vomit*

Cheers!
September 2nd, 2005 02:50 AM
FotiniD Well, I don't think any of us would mind if they did toy around with the setlists. I for once thought this time around we might even get to listen to "Sway". However, I think they may change the setlists later on, after ABB is released. It'd be really nice to also hear more from ABB and drop stuff like YGMR.

We just have to wait and see. Same setlists can become a big problem especially for people that attend many gigs over a tour, but I think with the Stones things are a lot different cause they're not your average live band... I can never get bored at a Stones gig or go "oh no, not Brown Sugar again" or anything like that. They have this ability to sound exciting and fresh even if they've played the damn song a million times over. And that, I appreciate.
September 2nd, 2005 06:44 AM
Poplar
someone please show me the last time they did a tour (or just a nice long string of shows) where they significantly changed the setlist every night.

70s? 80s? .... really ... someone tell me.

anyone who expected serious variety is just not living in any kind of reality.
if ya can't deal with this fact, i'm sorry, no one can help you.

September 2nd, 2005 08:13 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Make It Funky wrote:
I dont think Saint is cynical, he's a realist, and he only wants what is best and what is right. And repeated setlists night after night is lack lustre and quite pathetic to be honest.

"Right"? What is right? I get your point (and Saint's) - the Stones have produced better setlists, why step back. We all question that and we all want and prefer better setlists as hard core fans.

I think there are a few points that people (myself included) are trying to make. The first is that they're touring behind A Bigger Bang, so, naturally you're going to get new songs. Second, the album has yet to be officially released. When it is, we'll get a different selection of new songs. And finally, and most importantly, it's, for the most part, a stadium tour! If you don't realize by now what setlists stadium shows produce you should a) not see a show and, b) quit bitching about something we've known and experienced for years. Same goes for prices. You knew what they were on LICKS; you know they'd be higher for this tour; Michael Cohl even warned of a 10% increase on average in ticket prices at the conference; AND you weren't blindfolded when you bought the tickets.

We've never heard songs live like Slave, The Lantern, Let It Loose and others that you guys mentioned. So why, now, would you even recommend them as a saving grace when you know damn well a stadium tour will never produce them?! You guys claim to be the most realistic, when in fact you're the most delusional.

Lastly, why bitch about shows you're not even at? I can't fathom that especially when they're getting great reviews from people that actually witnessed them.

Here's a thought...6 good friends of mine - all hard core fans, like me - attended the Phoenix club gig in Toronto. Show of a lifetime, right?! I would think so, too. Now, do you think that after experiencing that they're not going to attend Toronto's Rogers Centre (stadium) show knowing the setlist - as you say - sucks? In fact, 2 of them went to the Ottawa show, too. They've already witnessed the best way to take in a Stones show. Do you think they're miserable or upset knowing that they will never see a Stones show better than they did on 10 August? The key is knowing what you're in for...
September 2nd, 2005 10:52 AM
Gazza
quote:
Poplar wrote:

someone please show me the last time they did a tour (or just a nice long string of shows) where they significantly changed the setlist every night.

2002/2003....I'd call playing 78 songs over the course of 117 shows akin to "significant changes"

On the Bridges/NS tour before that one, they played 76, although the tour was somewhat longer. And that tour didnt need the "3 venues in one city" excuse to try so many different songs.

However, each successive tour since Steel Wheels has seen them mix the setlists up more than the one that preceded it

They'll change things around more when they start playing arenas, but so far, its been quite predictable - and the first few shows on a tour has normally seen a lot of variety before the band 'settles' on a type of structure to the show.
September 4th, 2005 06:03 PM
mac_daddy download available on the RO tracker "detroit-8-31-05"

source: SONY MZ-RH10 HI-MD..sony sonic stage...sony wav conversion tool
[Edited by mac_daddy]
September 4th, 2005 08:36 PM
jb
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
download available here (ezt)

source: SONY MZ-RH10 HI-MD..sony sonic stage...sony wav conversion tool

Mac Daddy is a great friend!!! He shall be greeted at all West Coast venues!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)